Certified Reiki Master

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #344149 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Certified Reiki Master

Casshern wrote: This seems to be a roundabout way of saying that Gisteron's opinion doesn't matter. Today many are too quick to tell those that don't agree to be quiet or that they shouldn't be allowed to speak. The point of these types of forums should be the open exchange of ideas. Instead of dismissing their opinions, perhaps you should present your side of the argument with evidence to rebut Gisteron's position and show the efficacy of proposed treatments.
We can have civilized discussions without resorting to dismissing each other's opinions. You may not change their mind, but you will at least be respecting their opinions and their rights to express them.

That's true, but there are places to voice those concerns. Derailing threads devoted to particular practices with antagonism toward those practices is actually inappropriate. The appropriate response is a new thread. That's how forums work.
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by steamboat28.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #344151 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Certified Reiki Master
To be fair, it's fair game unless you're in the SIG in which case you kinda have to bracket out the whole "does reiki work" discussion. This thread was more derailed by someone asking if you could teach them "force healing" over the internet than actually discussing how/why reiki works

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Gisteron, Carlos.Martinez3

More
4 years 6 months ago #344152 by Kohadre
Replied by Kohadre on topic Certified Reiki Master
For those who didn't attend or graduate from grade school here in the U.S, might I suggest the scientific method? It's a wonderfully simple tool/process that helps to determine both cause and origin for phenomena that are under basis of scrutiny.

If you can't reproduce an event under a controlled, specific set of conditions; on a consistently repeatable basis, then your claim to the phenomena probably isn't legitimate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method

Apologies for the size of the image attached below, I'm presently unable to determine how to re-size graphics within TOTJO's post editor.

Attachment ScientificMethodDefined_Seriesofstepstocollectinformationorsolveproblems.1Observation.jpg not found

So long and thanks for all the fish
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Carlos.Martinez3

More
4 years 6 months ago #344153 by Kohadre
Apologies for the double post, however I couldn't pass up the opportunity to post something this relevant to the current discussion.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 6 months ago #344155 by
Replied by on topic Certified Reiki Master
Hi Fyxe. Are you seeing a reply from me to your post # 344111 on October 4, in this thread? I just wrote a moderately long response, clicked "submit", and now cannot see it myself. If it came through at your end, great! If not - I'll have to try again later ... it's late in the evening here and I need to turn in.

Thanks.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 6 months ago #344167 by
No I dont think I saw anything? it looks like a bunch of crabby people got in here after us. do every thread here talk like this?

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #344168 by Carlos.Martinez3

Fyxe wrote: No I dont think I saw anything? it looks like a bunch of crabby people got in here after us. do every thread here talk like this?

Every new day can be a new opportunity to act.

Edit : new action can be taken if chosen or we can beat the ol dead horse till it’s time again to beat it again.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #344169 by Kohadre

Fyxe wrote: No I dont think I saw anything? it looks like a bunch of crabby people got in here after us. do every thread here talk like this?

Crabby in what way?

For suggesting that Reki may have no legitimate foundation behind it's claims of energy healing? Or perhaps instead for suggesting that the system is organized racketeering with the purpose of preying upon the sick and uninformed?

Or, do you instead mean to say that we are grumpy for again failing to demonstrate an unquestioning loyalty to a (presently) unproven means of homeopathic healing?

Attachment grandalf.jpg not found

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Kohadre. Reason: humor intended
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Rex

More
4 years 6 months ago #344170 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Certified Reiki Master

Rex wrote: To be fair, it's fair game unless you're in the SIG in which case you kinda have to bracket out the whole "does reiki work" discussion. This thread was more derailed by someone asking if you could teach them "force healing" over the internet than actually discussing how/why reiki works

The thread was about a specific aspect of Reiki, not about its efficacy, IIRC. If so, then any discussion about said efficacy is off-topic.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 6 months ago #344171 by
I just wanted to know if reike was like force healing and if so can we use it to learn force healing? and i was wondering if anyone here could teach it?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi