Certified Reiki Master

More
4 years 9 months ago #340051 by Carlos.Martinez3
“, but it got me wondering: if there is this universal healing energy that is accessible to all, do you think it's ethical to monetize and charge for it?“

2 questions

1 what universal healing energy would you have in mind - people and humans have a vast amount of labels for this very thing. I say pretty much every one is attainable to any one willing to listen to a lecture or a video or even read a book. The joy as in life is finding THAT one - that fits ya. Some the Big “R” is gold and for some it’s mere sand. So what - which - whose universal form of healing and energy ya shopping for or better yet - what ya seeking ?!

2 - should you - YOU charge for it ? I know I have.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #340071 by
Replied by on topic Certified Reiki Master

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: “, but it got me wondering: if there is this universal healing energy that is accessible to all, do you think it's ethical to monetize and charge for it?“

2 questions

1 what universal healing energy would you have in mind - people and humans have a vast amount of labels for this very thing. I say pretty much every one is attainable to any one willing to listen to a lecture or a video or even read a book. The joy as in life is finding THAT one - that fits ya. Some the Big “R” is gold and for some it’s mere sand. So what - which - whose universal form of healing and energy ya shopping for or better yet - what ya seeking ?!

2 - should you - YOU charge for it ? I know I have.

1) For the sake of argument, since I don't believe in any type of healing energy that can be conferred based on Reiki (beyond placebo benefits), let's just say the energy I'm asking about is the kind tapped into during a Reiki session.

2) It's probably my own preconceived prejudices but when I read the Bible as a kid, I don't recall Jesus asking for payment when performing a healing service. If Reiki is a healing service shouldn't it be free, even if it takes time?

If it's your living, I can see it's hard to not charge for it, but if it's something you do on the side because of your love to heal others, monetizing it seems odd to me. In my old religion we called it priestcraft if you charged money for using sacred powers to help others.

I can also see not charging anything and instead leaving an option for a donation.
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by .

More
4 years 9 months ago #340075 by Carlos.Martinez3
LTK
Thanks for sharing even though you are not a believer. Thank u
Any answer is like asking a Jeddist- what’s the Force ?
I can only answer for what I can and do .. do. (Ha , I said do do)
For me it comes to real life : Relief
After every session: do YOU feel differently. Is there relief ? Can u bend now without pain ?( this one is kinna to each practitioner their own but) Do you feel ... light and reset ? These are questions I asked my peeps. Real answers to real questions never ... thank you I’m done : exit through the gift shop thank you ! For me : as far as energy is concerned - that’s usually on the person and how their body reacts sometimes and even if it was accepted - thought for a bit - the sound of water has been know to heal - yet no touching or even controlling of it is present ... same can be said of fire ... wind ... nature and yet there’s no visuals way to track it / yet at these moments they are met - there IS a difference in thought action and entire being sometimes. Even just a memory can do that - a memory of fear or joy can be tapped into and remove anxiety pain stress so on and so forth.
Energy is different for each practitioner but the general idea is let the body work. Let it respond . Let the taker take and the giver ... give.

My wife tells me sometimes : can u get me a drink - and I joke sure - your paying for it ! ( marriage and wife dynamic as head of household joke)

A selfless idea only asks you to rid yourself of .., u ... empty cup gets ... kinna same thing here. Taking time and effort takes .. well .. time and effort lol . Cost good to live good some days. Cost good to learn good too some... Smiley face !

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
4 years 9 months ago #340079 by ZealotX
Replied by ZealotX on topic Certified Reiki Master

LTK wrote:
2) It's probably my own preconceived prejudices but when I read the Bible as a kid, I don't recall Jesus asking for payment when performing a healing service. If Reiki is a healing service shouldn't it be free, even if it takes time?

If it's your living, I can see it's hard to not charge for it, but if it's something you do on the side because of your love to heal others, monetizing it seems odd to me. In my old religion we called it priestcraft if you charged money for using sacred powers to help others.

I can also see not charging anything and instead leaving an option for a donation.

What you said about Jesus is true. Rabbi were not allowed to charge to teach Torah and instead had to rely on their trades. If they were from a priestly family they might get a stipend from the temple, but if they were laborers then they were probably still doing that during the week. I think most people have this idea that Jesus taught every single day but that really doesn't make sense; like saying a mob of people had nothing better to do and could afford to follow him around every day without working

But priests on the other hand were absolutely paid, although indirectly. Since they weren't given land (but rather cities) they were beneficiaries of the tax revenue of the state. On top of that people who sacrificed food, that food was eaten by the priests. So one could call that payment or one could call the tax benefit payment.

I think this implies that rabbi didn't have to devote a full week to teaching Torah. Everyone had to learn a trade and that's what they would focus on during the week. However, since the priest was dedicated to a job where people could come to him at any time, then it makes sense that priests were compensated almost like how insurance works.

I also think that at on many occasions miracles were done in conjunction with hospitality. In other words, either Jesus was already a guest and being served by a host or this hospitality was provided after the miracle. We can see one example of this when the Roman's daughter was healed. I think this exchange of hospitality was simply taken as custom and not included in the text. But hospitality was a big part of the culture which is why during the instructions of how they were to preach the gospel they were to basically find people in the city to provide hospitality. And since that has value (food and lodging) it could be regarded as compensation designed to assist in their survival. So I think overall I think the bible supports compensation but not necessarily a set fee or charge. That's why I liked that you brought up donation. I remember when you could get "shareware" and even still today there are sites where you can download something in exchange for or prompt a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Carlos.Martinez3, Rex

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 9 months ago #340087 by
Great points ZealotX

More
4 years 9 months ago #340088 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Certified Reiki Master
If you are a healer, you have an obligation to heal those you must, and you have an onus to help those you can. That does not, however, forbid you from being taken care of in return.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Gisteron

More
4 years 9 months ago #340094 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Certified Reiki Master

steamboat28 wrote: If you are a healer, you have an obligation to heal those you must, and you have an onus to help those you can. That does not, however, forbid you from being taken care of in return.

Absolutely, I agree. The exact price is of course an open question, and perhaps a more pressing one is just who is to pay for the care. We are to assume here that the healing energy in question is real and effective. We are to assume a world, for the sake of argument, in which the Reiki session may well become a necessary medical procedure for someone who may well not be in a position to afford it. Shy of regulations to steer her, the Master is now faced with a choice: Do they ask how much health is worth to the suffering and only help them when satisfied by the answer, or do they help the suffering and ask questions about compensation later? We are also talking not about an economic argument but about an ethical one. It is not about what is the just system or course of action, but the moral one.

Basically, because of the "if this healing energy were real" clause, this question is no different from a general question about how to handle healthcare in general. The patient here is perhaps a consumer, but they are no mere customer as they would be if the service was a mere luxury good like it is in the real world, reserved for people with more money than sense. One may morally object to the practice in the real world , as sharlatans are taking money to perpetuate their customer's poor reasoning and questionable beliefs, and perhaps their own, too, but because it is nonsense, it is not fair to charge them with withholding necessary medical attention behind overly tall pay walls. Assuming however a world where Reiki actually works beyond placebo effects changes that. The Master is not selling a product, but offering a possibly necessary service. They should be paid for their work as anyone else, surely, but the question as to who should pay how much is by no means a settled one.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

More
4 years 9 months ago #340100 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Certified Reiki Master
I know nobody asked for examples, but here is my code of ethics on the matter:

I charge for materials and labor on anything I physically create.

I charge for anything I had to pay to learn, or gained through my own struggle.

I do not charge for anything gifted to me freely by the Universe, any of Her designated messengers, or other teachers.

When I charge, I charge based on a sliding scale. That means, if you can or offer to pay more, you will get charged more. If you can offer little, you will pay little, we will barter, trade boons/favors, or i'll give you a freebie if you really need it.

Not saying my way works for everyone, but I paid to learn Reiki. Not much, just a little. But I still paid, so I still charge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Carlos.Martinez3

More
4 years 9 months ago #340103 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Certified Reiki Master
Expectation; if it exists and I profess to address it in some capacity... then the focus is a product of service which could be calculated on things like duration of work at and agreed rate, or contracted amount with duration specification.

If no exectation exsts.... then its more a product of my on growth, so free.... at the least.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago #340138 by
They should charge, it is a service. Even if its a universal energy, if someone doesn't know how to use it, they pay for something they cannot do.
I think of it like a car mechanic, since I can't install a radio I pay someone to do it, even if I have the tools at home, I don't know how

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi