SITH?

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 3 months ago #92442 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: SITH?

Layla wrote: They're who enlightened/endarkened and it is what gives them their power and the wisdom to use it.

I used something similar on facebook....

"A pessimist only sees the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides and shrugs; an optimist doesn't see the clouds at all--he's walking on them."

~Leonard L. Levinson~

So, to alter a few words...

"A Sith, or Dark Jedi, only sees the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a Jedi, or light Sith, doesn't see the clouds at all, he's walking on them, a TOTJO Jedi (grey?) sees both sides and shrugs...

Rewritten by Jestor apologies to ~Leonard L. Levinson~

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #92449 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Re: SITH?
I feel like the cart is put before the donkey on the topic of Sith heaps. The problem as I see it is the actions portrayed in the movie are not training (as far as I can tell).

The various Sith Masters will use this premise to get the Apprentice to do his/her bidding under the guise of making one more step to finishing training - ie just another form of manipulation. The portrayal of the fictional Sith Masters then are just as machinations of a power hungry dictators who happens to have as their weapon this metaphysical Force. That is an important point... and so then realists who invest into the machination side as being dark, could be missing the realism entirely because the power of the dark side to achieve this is fiction. Sorry to say it, but the whole premise that the power hungry machinations are the dark side seems (to me) logically unsound. Basically it's a trap! The fall is falling for the illusory sensation of power as being actual power. This then could subsequantly leave practioners of that type of dark side seeking power externally from others - which again confronts the reality that the Force as portrayed in the movie is not there to protect and empower. Anyone can be a criminal and steal power, but in those terms the prison system is full of Sith. This then is a wasted opportunity for the Syth in the myth.

I think its a disservice to the potentials in the fiction to fall for that trap. So I find its more useful to develop an approach to the respective Codes which both relate to the Force within each individual persons frame of reference for the Force. From what I've seen Right hand path's (RHP) are defined by what they exclude, where LHP's are called this by the RHP because they exclude nothing, everything is permitted. This aligns with some of the fiction also, about how a few Jedi wanted to train in certain practises which were excluded by the Jedi. These pre-Sith did not want to become the opposite of the Jedi - but a fictional conflict was born. I know now a lot of LHP organisations like to only embrace those aspects which are exclusive to the LHP, but in my understanding of the history of the words this in effect becomes a dark RHP; dark because its own nature is hypocritical and Right Handed because its excluding things. In my opinion.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest, Brenna

More
11 years 2 months ago #92450 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Re: SITH?
I love the way Adder explains things! :woohoo:

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adder

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #92460 by
Replied by on topic Re: SITH?
Seriously Adder. Now what you wrote is what you really believe? You base your belief and sight on a fiction movie and give examples from it too and call it reality? How is it? How is the achievement of the dark power is a fiction but the light is not? So, in your perspective there is only one side in reality and its yours (the light)but I have to say its just pale ignorance on your side and narrow sight as your belief teaches balance and i ask how should it be balanced when you ignore one side of it what balances the other? Now let me give you a very simple example might if you open your mind will get the meaning of it.
What happens when you look into the Sun? You will loose your sight for minutes and feel yourself completely blind, right? And what happens when you enter in a dark room/place where there isn't any light turn on? Will you see? Yes, as your eyes will accumulate to the dark and you have your sight.

Jestor, and I say this

A real Sith will see and know both what gives him/her wisdom what use for his/her own benefits and personal growth what gives him/her power. And we know that knowledge is power ;)
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by .

More
11 years 2 months ago #92462 by Adder

Layla wrote: Seriously Adder. Now what you wrote is what you really believe? You base your belief and sight on a fiction movie and give examples from it too and call it reality? How is it? How is the achievement of the dark power is a fiction but the light is not? So, in your perspective there is only one side in reality and its yours (the light)but I have to say its just pale ignorance on your side and narrow sight as your belief teaches balance and i ask how should it be balanced when you ignore one side of it what balances the other?

Firstly, what I wrote is an observation to parts of Sith community and my opinion on where they (mostly) are going wrong. I tried not to go into any detail as to my own belief/philosophy about the dark side - as its too complex for me post here and irrelevant to a Jedi forum probably (though it is in part included in my TOTJO Journal). Please note that there is both a donkey and a cart in my post, so I was not excluding anything, just discussing the approach as seemingly.... wasteful and inefficient, to the opportunity of what I feel it could be.

Secondly, I'm not sure anything you've written there has any connection to what I wrote, so I'm having trouble answering you. You've only got 2 posts and none of them give me any information as to what position you have, at least not which might explain the leaps from my post to your post. So I'll have to assume your defending the very thing I was saying seemed flawed (to me). If that is the case then great, where do you disagree?

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #92464 by
I already explained it to you but I will do it once again. Yes, I definietely disagree that you promote your belief and call other belief fiction based on a sci-fi movie and call yours as the only reality. Another point where I disagree as you mentioned you saw the Sith aspect in communities. Now we know that see something and study, rather understand its mechanism and phylosophy is not the same category. The third point where I disagree that you completely deny the dark/sith aspects of the Force and power. Its just simple ignorance and denying obvious facts. Might you didn't search after the real informations about it or you saw some RPG site where underaged children played Star Wars and acted like Siths.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #92467 by

Layla wrote: The third point where I disagree that you completely deny the dark/sith aspects of the Force and power. Its just simple ignorance and denying obvious facts.

Please, show us these "facts." Many of us here at the temple do not believe in either a dark nor light aspect of the Force. The Force is neutral, it has no side, it's all in how we use it. Just like a gun is neither good, nor bad. It's all in how it is used.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #92473 by
The question is, did I talk about the Force itself or two different belief system or as you like the two opposite ways how to use it. Indeed, Force itself is neutral and its only depends on the user's intention which way uses it. Might you want to reread what I wrote earlier as it was about something else and not the Force.

More
11 years 2 months ago #92477 by Adder

Layla wrote: Might you didn't search after the real informations about it or you saw some RPG site where underaged children played Star Wars and acted like Siths.

Hmmm, nope. I thought you might have some thoughts on my post but you seem happy to explain your dissent of my observations instead. As mentioned earlier I find some of your accusations inaccurate but its interesting to consider how you came to those conclusions from what I posted.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #92478 by
Do you call accusation when someone doesn't agree with you and your point of views? I simple pointed out where and why I don't agree with them.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi