sithism

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #190836 by
Replied by on topic sithism

... everyone here would encourage you to study outside of the tenets.

Yes, indeed. Nobody will ever try to stop you, nor should they. Please. Explore all you like to your heart's content. ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #190840 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic sithism
To our newer members, the TOTJO does sport a rather decent library covering a wide rnage of topics, including Sithism. It's there for a reason folks, take advantage of it. If you find something you feel should be added, please contact one of the librarians (or myself) and maby it'll be added...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, , Ben, Edan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #190959 by
My studies of world religions has revealed that all of the religions including Jediism are full of the same wisdom about how to live your life with one key difference being what parts they emphasize and focus on. Jediism seems to have a key focus on being happy with yourself and helping others.

Sithism, on the other hand focuses on improvement and creating more abundance in your life. It uses disciplines from the business world and success psychology to help someone get the most out of life.

Either religion is fine, but it’s about personal taste about what you want out of life.
I myself find Jediism to be like sitting in a very comfortable car and going no where.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #190961 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic sithism

Vesha wrote: Either religion is fine, but it’s about personal taste about what you want out of life.
I myself find Jediism to be like sitting in a very comfortable car and going no where.

:laugh:
Dat new car smell or dont know how to start it :silly: :P

I started out with both, Sith as forge and Jedi as quench, but eventually threw away the water and fire to be left with steel... I'm just not sure if its a sword or a spoon
:S

Edit: I should qualify my post, I'm a Wu Xing person so I dont mean to imply polarity, rather metal is the path, wood is the living nature and earth the unifying nature... the water and fire are processes, in my particular view of things.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Zenchi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #190978 by
There appears to be a difference of perspective in these two religions regarding one's role in life. From what Vesha said above, it sounds like Sithism is concerned with getting the most out of life; achieving personal success and garnering an abundance of whatever is thought to be personally meaningful. On the other hand, I believe Jediism's concern is discerning what kind of ethical action life requires of us. Using a directional metaphor, a Sith places her/himself is at the center of the universe while the Jedi serves whatever they believe is the nature (essence, purpose) of the universe. Jediism is a life of active service to a moral or ethical code.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by .

More
8 years 11 months ago #190989 by Zenchi

Alan wrote: There appears to be a difference of perspective in these two religions regarding one's role in life. From what Vesha said above, it sounds like Sithism is concerned with getting the most out of life; achieving personal success and garnering an abundance of whatever is thought to be personally meaningful. On the other hand, I believe Jediism's concern is discerning what kind of ethical action life requires of us. Using a directional metaphor, a Sith places her/himself is at the center of the universe while the Jedi serves whatever they believe is the nature (essence, purpose) of the universe. Jediism is a life of active service to a moral or ethical code.

Sithism is, like Jediism, many things to many different people. Those few who attempt to use it as a religion, usually fall within the far end of the extreme like the members of the Sith Academy. Again, these individuals should not be viewed as models of a modern Sith. Modern Sith view Sithism as a path and philosophy, and many employ it in a positive and productive manner.

It really comes down to perspective, because so many would prefer to label and categorize everything in a box, well, life seldom works that way. There are quite a number of Jedi who want to stereotype individuals who follow Sithism as characters like in the fictional movies.

"You're Sith, so you must be like this."

That's very similar to how quite a few christians think. Yet I don't make the assumption that all Jedi or Christians actually think or behave like this. Perspective is everything, in the eighties there was a mentality going around, called the Satanic panic. Satanists everywhere we're sacrificing baby's on altars to Satan.....lol. When in reality, satanists were, and still are for the majority part, atheists having fun selling their souls.

Sithism is very much about getting the most out of life, if your not infringing upon the rights of another, who cares. That doesn't necessarily translate to an individual who does not give back to their community, whether it be through contributions such as donating time or money to various causes etc. Things are not so black and white as many of us would like them to be. Remember, just because someone finds inspiration in something, uses it to better their lives, does not translate to them being bound by it.

Passion, yet Serenity
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin, Jestor,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #190997 by

Zenchi wrote: Sithism is, like Jediism, many things to many different people. Those few who attempt to use it as a religion, usually fall within the far end of the extreme like the members of the Sith Academy. Again, these individuals should not be viewed as models of a modern Sith. Modern Sith view Sithism as a path and philosophy, and many employ it in a positive and productive manner.

It really comes down to perspective, because so many would prefer to label and categorize everything in a box, well, life seldom works that way. There are quite a number of Jedi who want to stereotype individuals who follow Sithism as characters like in the fictional movies.

"You're Sith, so you must be like this."

That's very similar to how quite a few christians think. Yet I don't make the assumption that all Jedi or Christians actually think or behave like this. Perspective is everything, in the eighties there was a mentality going around, called the Satanic panic. Satanists everywhere we're sacrificing baby's on altars to Satan.....lol. When in reality, satanists were, and still are for the majority part, atheists having fun selling their souls.

Sithism is very much about getting the most out of life, if your not infringing upon the rights of another, who cares. That doesn't necessarily translate to an individual who does not give back to their community, whether it be through contributions such as donating time or money to various causes etc. Things are not so black and white as many of us would like them to be. Remember, just because someone finds inspiration in something, uses it to better their lives, does not translate to them being bound by it.

This is probably the most open-minded response I've ever read. Great analysis

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #191006 by

Modern Sith

Got any links on the modern sith?

Remember, just because someone finds inspiration in something, uses it to better their lives, does not translate to them being bound by it.

It would seem to define you?

More
8 years 11 months ago #191007 by Zenchi

Rickie wrote:

Modern Sith

Got any links on the modern sith?

Remember, just because someone finds inspiration in something, uses it to better their lives, does not translate to them being bound by it.

It would seem to define you?

Answer to the first question, I have one, but I have sworn to uphold a rule whereas not to advertise out of respect...

Answer to the second, not at all...

Passion, yet Serenity
TM- RyuJin

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #191008 by
Define me then.

Its f no consequence to me, but I would like to read it.

You defining me by something, or however you will does not define me though.

Its just what you see.

Someone once asked Stephen King, about what he thought in regards to him perhaps being defined as a "horror writer".

He replied " You can call me whatever you like, as long as I can continue to do what I love to do."

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi