• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #190739 by
Replied by on topic sithism
Goken got it right.

Why bother with the Jedi stuff?
Why bother with the Sith stuff?

It's all the same question to me. So, why, Rickie, is Jedi better than Sith?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #190741 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic sithism
value is subjective

taking things over seriously might not be as valuable as getting comfortable with the fact that other people are going to express interpretations of things you disagree with and sometimes that you dislike

its more of a derailment to tell people what not to say than it is to just steer theconversation back to whatever you consider the topic to be

People are complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #190746 by
Value is subjective, but it is also objective.

I am Sith.

I know, thats not only a bold statement, but some may roll eyes, etc.

Still, lets look at it this way.

I am part of ToTJo

I find value here, and in so doing, the "Jedi stuff". More accurately, I find value in specific conversations and individuals,but I can only imagine that there path has added to them in some way that enhances there individual value, or that path is fairly useless

Disagreement will happen, but this is not to say there is no value.

In fact, part of the value of different paths is the disagreement, at least if one can do so relatively maturely.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #190747 by
I should mention I don't have a preferred philosophy. I study Jediism, Sithism, and Shadow paths. As well as Buddhism, Christianity, Shambhala, Zen, Paganism, and others.

For me, they each add a little bit to the total picture. No one idea has it "right".

Conner was annoyed that he saw yet another pot shot taken at his preffered philosophy

Not in the slightest. lol. I am curious to know what Rickie thinks about Sithism and why he values it the way he does (if at all). I only get annoyed by stupidity.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #190748 by
I'm not taking offence from anyone. Connor asked a polity question and I asked for clarification. I have no idea what his emotions were at the time nor was I taking a pot shot at him or anyone else.

I am clearly saying too much is dragged in from the movies and we should be moving on from them. Opinion statement.

IMHO Sith is not the opposite of Jedi. I do not hold out Jedi as just light or better. That is move stuff anyway and may be a stimulus/referance/myth/story point for Jedism we we must move beyond that. Sort of leaving our toys of childhood behind as we grow up. Jedism is growing up.

I am all clearly all about balance. Light/dark is in all of us. It's all one. I'll stand by my statement, live your life the best you can, grow, keep moving foward, love and be happy.

Please don't read between my lines or postulate my emothional state or intent.

Ask aything you want. I'll try to be as upfront and true to myself with my answers as I can be. I enjoy thought provoking, not emotion provoking, discussion. That's all this is. :)

Peace, do well and be happy. :)
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #190791 by
If one kind of Sithism is an interpretation of Nietzsche, then I am interested in hearing more about Nietzschian Sithism.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #190802 by
Thats not even in the same ball park as wanting to here how Sith would have an insight into Nietszche.

Certainly, Jedi could have a unique insight into something, but that does not mean there whole path is based around it.

So which is it?

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #190818 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic sithism
Although I myself do not follow "Nietzschian Sithism" (as that in my personal opinion is very limiting), I do however acknowledge Nietzsche's influence on Sithism as a whole and have learned to appreciate it's somewhat darwinian perspective many seem to mistake at times as nihilism.

Nietzche's piece that influenced Sithism the most imo was his "Will to Power." It is as anyone who has read it knows, the cornerstone to his philosophy, and describes life as a competition, every life form fighting to exert its will upon another. Taken to the extreme, it can easily become a most destructive philosophy. Applied with discipline, it can be used to assist in the awakening of the reptilian brain, which tapped into, possesses untold potential in each individual.

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Zenchi.

More
8 years 11 months ago #190826 by Eleven
Replied by Eleven on topic sithism
The original question was I believe in my own words is I am a jedi is it ok for to explore my teachings outside our temple tenets? Or, should I strictly stay away from Sithism?

Again I say, what is wrong with studying it? Nothing wrong with knowing why they believe it Versus ours. I personally have studied a little bit of it from random Sith sites but, find that unsuitable for myself and my jedi oath I took in 2012. B uhh t, even then from the programme think about what Alan Watts taught on the subject if good and evil can one co exist without the other? Or, one or the other not acknowledge that it exists? I think its personal choice bottom line it doesnt make you a Sith by just reading it Or studying it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #190827 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Re:sithism

Sven One wrote: The original question was I believe in my own words is I am a jedi is it ok for to explore my teachings outside our temple tenets? Or, should I strictly stay away from Sithism?

I don't think I'd be wrong in saying that everyone here would encourage you to study outside of the tenets. We are not the be all and end all, there is much to learn outside of the Temple.

Some of us mix very different and diverse paths with Jediism.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleven, Adder

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi