Jedi and Doctrine question

More
7 years 8 months ago #251427 by Carlos.Martinez3
My personal Jedi ism can not be told what to do. That's my choice. The longer I'm Jedi, the longer I realize I'm totally in charge of what I put in MY life, in my path, in my involvement. It's that easy. You have the ability to make what u want, to call yourself what u want to ACT like u want. My path has me asking millions of questions ALL The time. ALL THE TIME. Is that right for me is it not can I benefit from this...nope yups. Our doctrine can be used by any individual...any regardless if they call them selfs Jedi or not. With out the name our efforts conjoined are called the study of human potential. Aka, WHAT can u Do! Aqua...codex... you are on a road many of us have traveled. Keep on. Find you and make it yours. I'm so glad I am a small part of that path friend! Thanks for sharing it!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #251429 by
Replied by on topic Jedi and Doctrine question

carlos.martinez3 wrote: Aqua...codex...

You may call me as you see fit, Carlos. No worries! ;) I am thankful to be piece in your path too!! :blush:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #251434 by

carlos.martinez3 wrote: My personal Jedi ism can not be told what to do. That's my choice.

I would prefer to be told what to do if that could benefit the Order and it's purpose. If we could cooperate and take on some global volunteering mission. But now I see how limited our resources are and how fantastic this sounds.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #251437 by
For Scenario Purposes::

I could identify myself as a Sith. But as a Sith, I feel it is necessary that I A: Improve my greatest potential by learning about all available options and systems of belief (such as Jedi) and B: Must learn who it is I am opposite or unaligned with in beliefs.

Therefor I would I join

I would Sign up

I would take the IP

I might even submit to Apprenticeship and heck if I am ambitious enough.....reach Knighthood and take the Oath because here at the Temple taking Oaths is only as real as you make it (As sith i bend it to my own needs)

I could become well known here. Perhaps even liked.

NONE of that however will make me a Jedi. I will still be a Sith playing the Jedi games to benefit my own interests.

_______
Please Note: I used Sith in Extremes as an Example and is not the only scenario available
_______

Being a Jedi takes more than doing the actions at a Temple or Community Group. It takes a personal admittance, acceptance, and belief in yourself to be one. It takes You saying, with confidence, that You ARE a Jedi. (Edit:: And by my own personal standards being able to SHOW and Prove by action that you are what you say you are) The rest is just here or there.

IMO

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #251440 by

Being apart of the Temple dosn't make you a Jedi :)

How can a Temple member be a Jedi who follows the Doctrine (that talks about oaths and commitment)? When there is no oath requirement for a Temple Member? As far as I know, a temple member is Jedi? Could it be that I am missing something? I know that the Doctrine are guidelines, but this it is just very confusing for me. :blush:

Jedi are all about accepting others and being open-minded, therefore you can call yourself whatever you like and they can't tell you you're not. Nobody here knows your starting point. You could have come directly from hell itself for all they know. They can't tell you whether or not you've "improved" upon your starting point, or even what "improvement" necessarily is for you (or even what a "Jedi" is, for that matter). The only person who knows what and where you are is you.

Make a decision to follow the doctrine or don't. No oath will hold you to anything if you choose otherwise. Namaste.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #251456 by

Snowy Aftermath wrote:

Being apart of the Temple dosn't make you a Jedi :)

How can a Temple member be a Jedi who follows the Doctrine (that talks about oaths and commitment)? When there is no oath requirement for a Temple Member? As far as I know, a temple member is Jedi? Could it be that I am missing something? I know that the Doctrine are guidelines, but this it is just very confusing for me. :blush:

Jedi are all about accepting others and being open-minded, therefore you can call yourself whatever you like and they can't tell you you're not. Nobody here knows your starting point. You could have come directly from hell itself for all they know. They can't tell you whether or not you've "improved" upon your starting point, or even what "improvement" necessarily is for you (or even what a "Jedi" is, for that matter). The only person who knows what and where you are is you.

Make a decision to follow the doctrine or don't. No oath will hold you to anything if you choose otherwise. Namaste.

Hello Snowy. This topic is not about me, I really would like to keep it that way, please. This topic is about the question how the Doctrine was written. Do understand please that I follow the doctrine as a code, and that I do not have any issue with me believing or following the doctrine. Sorry that I cannot make my intention in this topic more understandable to you. But this topic served its purpose already.

Warning: Spoiler!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #251461 by
The Doctrine should be followed with as strict a precision as is possible. Not only is it the code we should live by, but the law we should abide by.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #251463 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Jedi and Doctrine question

Silas Mercury wrote: The Doctrine should be followed with as strict a precision as is possible. Not only is it the code we should live by, but the law we should abide by.

There is nowhere on this website that says the doctrine is law (also, who'd enforce it!).

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #251465 by
Sorry, I must edit that. I sounded quite like an arrogant twerp. That is my opinion, and what I strive to achieve.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #251490 by

Codex wrote: Hello Snowy. This topic is not about me, I really would like to keep it that way, please. This topic is about the question how the Doctrine was written. Do understand please that I follow the doctrine as a code, and that I do not have any issue with me believing or following the doctrine. Sorry that I cannot make my intention in this topic more understandable to you. But this topic served its purpose already.

I don't actually give a crap about you and your purpose, Aqua. I'm responding with an alternate point of view, which may actually be useful to people who like using their brains for thinking in the future. You are not the only character in this play.

Sorry that I cannot make my intention in this topic more understandable to you.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi