New Degree System of Jediism?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #225750 by
Replied by on topic New Degree System of Jediism?

steamboat28 wrote:

Aqua wrote: To Bring the question back: if degree system is for selfstudy purpose. How does it make difference if we have ranks?

Degrees are for communicating our dedication to outsiders.
Ranks are for communicating our experiences among ourselves.

Can understand you, but why would the temple make systems for outsiders only? Does not sound logical.. :unsure:
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #225765 by steamboat28

Aqua wrote: Can understand you, but why would the temple make systems for outsiders only? Does not sound logical.. :unsure:

Because no matter how many people forget it, or how many people downplay it, or how many people pretend it isn't, TOTJO is a religious organization, and degree systems exactly like our own have been utilized by religious organizations since the dawn of higher education.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #225767 by

Aqua wrote:

steamboat28 wrote:

Aqua wrote: To Bring the question back: if degree system is for selfstudy purpose. How does it make difference if we have ranks?

Degrees are for communicating our dedication to outsiders.
Ranks are for communicating our experiences among ourselves.

Can understand you, but why would the temple make systems for outsiders only? Does not sound logical.. :unsure:

Aqua kun je me in het Nederlands mailen wat je nu precies wilt weten want zelfs ik kom er geen wijs uit haha, dankjewel

( for the english , please Aqua can you sent me in dutch what your initial question is because even i am confused ;) )

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #225778 by
I will not mail you, you want to know. Others maybe too.. My topic is a failure, many of me are for some weird reason :blush: The people who did post in this topic shared their opinion and tried their best.. ;) It was a split off for the FAQ question of Akkarin. But it was a total failure of my part.. :unsure: All questions I asked are to understand the reason of the div. system. It confuses me, so much to make even confusing messages about it I guess.. Sorry if I have confused you, or others. It is the one of the last things I wanted to do with this topic... :unsure:

~Aqua

Aqua wrote:

V-Tog wrote: At the moment there's really only two though...

D.Div has more or less been scrapped, and M.Div has been suspended for a long time now ;)

I find the system that we are left with very simple and non-confusing:

Knighthood = half a degree (A.Div)
Senior Knight(hood) = a whole degree (B.Div)

Pretty straightforward, right? :)

Mm.. I made this split of after the faq post.. :) I can not find something about a half degree in the faq? It confuses me. :dry: Tried to bring up a old idea, but that seems to be not so good of me.. :unsure:

Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi