New Degree System of Jediism?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #225544 by
Split of, of a previous topic: https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Temple/113769-is-the-faq-confusing/

Aqua wrote:

Akkarin wrote: Do people have any other suggestions?

I was wondering about a redoing of the Divinity degree system. I find it incomplete, really incomplete. Even though it is complete in the FAQ. I would like tot change the system. Initiates have studied, but it is not rerecorded in the system. :unsure: But it is part of the system. A doctor is not a honorable degree, but a degree of pure learning.

If you move the B.div and the M.div. It will sound more appropriate to the rank that comes with it. I am sorry that I put it here, but I think that this degree system is highly confusing for many. I hope that I can trigger the council to talk about it, some day. Sorry for mentioning this again, :unsure: it is my third attempt to say this but I feel that no Jedi tries to listen to this idea, I feel really sorry for mentioning it again, but I find it too important. Would you please bring it to attention for me, if I am allowed to ask you? :blush:

current system:
A.Div = Knight
B.Div = Senior Knight
D.Div = Honorary

Possible new system:
A.div
F.div
B.div
M.div
D.div
H.div

Why??

Idea for a new system:
Associate Degree of Divinity = Initiate -- IP is part of the program, should be recognized
Foundation degree of Divinity = Knight -- Knight knows the basics of Jediism, a good foundation
Bachelor Degree of Divinity = Senior Knight -- Higher study of ''Bachelor'' should fit a Senior knight
Master Degree of Divinity = Master Knight -- Master degree for a master knight should fit
Doctorate Degree of Divinity = Master Knight -- Written a book (600p+) about Jediism, unique subject!
Honorary degree of Divinity = Jedi -- New honorable degree for extraordinary contribution to Jediism.

Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #225547 by
Replied by on topic New Degree System of Jediism?
But the IP is recognised... the degree scheme points gained by completing it count for about half the A.Div. Your depiction of the current scheme also misses the M.Div, Master of Divinity, gained with Senior Knighthood and completion of Seminary.

Really not convinced we need more complexity here... if anything, I feel we would benefit from a little simplificication :/

Why would Jedi strive for additional recognition? And... what is the actual benefit of recognising more levels, as you propose? You haven't mentioned that... simply making the additional levels "sync up" with some words we happen to use for ranks doesn't seem a wise reason to totally restructure the degree scheme.

Edit - my bad. Even I'm confused :D

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #225548 by

tzb wrote: [strike]But the IP is recognised... the degree scheme points gained by completing it count for about half the A.Div.

Really not convinced we need more complexity here... if anything, I feel we would benefit from a little simplificication :/

Why would Jedi strive for additional recognition? And... what is the actual benefit of recognising more levels, as you propose? You haven't mentioned that.[/strike]

[strike]Mm.. you do have a point.. simple is handy. Maybe I should say it different? The words that are used confuse me :) Just a small idea.. in no person likes it, I guess we all have to forget that I have mentioned it :lol: Though I stand behind this idea somehow.. :blush: Simple systems can also bring confusion?[/strike]

tzb wrote: But the IP is recognised... the degree scheme points gained by completing it count for about half the A.Div. Your depiction of the current scheme also misses the M.Div, Master of Divinity, gained with Senior Knighthood and completion of Seminary.

Why would Jedi strive for additional recognition? And... what is the actual benefit of recognising more levels, as you propose? You haven't mentioned that... simply making the additional levels "sync up" with some words we happen to use for ranks doesn't seem a wise reason to totally restructure the degree scheme.

Edit - my bad. Even I'm confused :D

It is not about creating more levels, it is about merging the levels with a div. system that suits with it! :side: I do not want to make more, but to equalize it. A doctor is not a honor, but a degree of study.. So that is also not logical. That would be the only ''big'' change I guess. But if the idea is not good enough :blush: We should forget it.. I guess :unsure: But I stand behind this idea however. :)

~ Aqua

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #225549 by
When I was in charge of the degree scheme (committee), there was one irreconcilable problem: We had no actual purpose for the Degree Scheme.

And, if we are to have one, there is no need to figure out how it works until we decide WHAT it is, and more importantly WHY it is.

Personally, in my meditations, I found that the degree scheme was superfluous and unnecessary. So, I don't worry about it anymore.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #225550 by
But seriously... what is the benefit of your proposal?

People struggle to understand the current system with 4 levels... :dry:

And sorry... I edited as you were replying.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #225551 by

tzb wrote: But seriously... what is the benefit of your proposal?

People struggle to understand the current system with 4 levels... :dry:

And sorry... I edited as you were replying.

Ehm, well.. I find it weird that the temple has a large rank structure, but only three degree div. things. What is the purpose of having inequality in these two different systems? What is the logical idea behind it? I would like to understand that a little bit better..
If the two systems (rank and div.) are displayed together, there would be less struggle to understand? :)

~ Aqua

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #225552 by
There's 4, so even you are evidently confused ;)

Again... you have proposed a new system and describe no actual benefits for adopting it, so far as I can see. That things "should be recognised" in the scheme... as I say, they already are.

Finally the H.Div recognising one as "Jedi"... all that is required to be recognised as Jedi is to believe that which is in our Doctrine.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #225553 by

tzb wrote: There's 4, so even you are evidently confused ;)

Again... you have proposed a new system and describe no actual benefits for adopting it, so far as I can see. That things "should be recognised" in the scheme... as I say, they already are.

The benefits, ( read edit I made for you, in my first reaction :blush: ) Equality, rank system have different levels of understanding. But the div. system makes it like there are globally 3 ways of degree. I find it highly confusing that the temple ranks are so many, but with only 3/4 div. What is the purpose or logical behind that? :)

~ Aqua

More
8 years 3 months ago #225554 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic New Degree System of Jediism?
At the moment there's really only two though...

D.Div has more or less been scrapped, and M.Div has been suspended for a long time now ;)

I find the system that we are left with very simple and non-confusing:

Knighthood = half a degree (A.Div)
Senior Knight(hood) = a whole degree (B.Div)

Pretty straightforward, right? :)

B.Div | OCP
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, RyuJin, Breeze el Tierno,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #225555 by

V-Tog wrote: At the moment there's really only two though...

D.Div has more or less been scrapped, and M.Div has been suspended for a long time now ;)

I find the system that we are left with very simple and non-confusing:

Knighthood = half a degree (A.Div)
Senior Knight(hood) = a whole degree (B.Div)

Pretty straightforward, right? :)

Mm.. I made this split of after the faq post.. :) I can not find something about a half degree in the faq? It confuses me. :dry: Tried to bring up a old idea, but that seems to be not so good of me.. :unsure:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi