New Degree System of Jediism?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #225579 by
Replied by on topic New Degree System of Jediism?

Connor L. wrote:

Aqua wrote: What does a div. covers, what a rank does not? I feel confused even more now.. :unsure:

To answer this, you have to look beyond the Senior Knighthood ranks.

So. I ask again... ??? What is the point if they are the same thing?

That part I asked in similar way earlier in the topic.. Indeed.. what is the difference :unsure:

Aqua wrote: What does a div. covers, what a rank does not? I feel confused even more now.. :unsure:

Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #225580 by
There isn't, that's the problem we have when people bring up the degree scheme.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #225581 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic New Degree System of Jediism?

Aqua wrote:

Connor L. wrote:

That part I asked in similar way earlier in the topic.. Indeed.. what is the difference :unsure:

Edan wrote: Essentially, there is no degree scheme. There is rank, with an unhelpful additional name.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #225582 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic New Degree System of Jediism?
Ah, oh well in my proposal the 'degree' is quite literally the depth of study ie the degree of commitment to the application of effort :lol:
But in more practical terms it would be the topics outlined in the IP. I'm not sure if those topics represent 'Divinity', but why not, we could add some more Core topics in higher awards to align it more with traditional Divinity degrees.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Adder.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #225583 by

Edan wrote:

Aqua wrote:

Connor L. wrote:

Edan wrote: Essentially, there is no degree scheme. There is rank, with an unhelpful additional name.

:blink: :blush: :laugh:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #225586 by
Perhaps, one way to look at it: when one has completed a certain amount of public postings and so has contributed to the overall quality of the Temple then a small group of friends recognizes it with an honorary title. The degree scheme points are a helpful way to keep track and having a little incentive never hurts. There is some ambiguity and flexibility which I am comfortable with. Me? I'm just plugging along. Little bit here. Little bit there. I like this digital Temple and the posted thoughts of most of the persons who take the time and effort to be friendly and helpful.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #225587 by

Alan wrote: Perhaps, one way to look at it: when one has completed a certain amount of public postings and so has contributed to the overall quality of the Temple then a small group of friends recognizes it with an honorary title.

If I may ask, public postings? You do not mean forum posts? Because the forum posts count is disabled to create more unity? Ehm not sure what you mean with that word ''public postings''.

~ Aqua

More
8 years 1 month ago #225589 by Avalon
Maybe this is just my general lack of understanding but....

We know the A.Div equates to earning your knighthood.

The B.Div is part of what is necessary to reach senior knight, along with the so many apprentices (unless that's an outdated thing too). So is that right there not the purpose of it in the first place? To keep track of the necessary developmental steps and studies to say "yes, this person has done the right level of studying to reach the senior knight rank"? *shrugs* Seems like the point to me.

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #225592 by
Please excuse my ignorance on the topic, but I do have a question that I hope nobody minds me asking. It would seem to me that if there is a question as to the purpose of the degree scheme, then it must be largely ceremonial, lacking any real-world application. Is that a correct statement?

If so, then what if the Temple actually conferred Associates and Bachelors degrees as it has the formal authority to do, complete with a hard-copy diploma for purchase if someone was so inclined? At least then there could be a tangible purpose. I'm not sure it's something I would care anything about personally, but it would satisfy the question of purpose. I recognise the earlier statement about the details of the degree scheme not being discussed openly so as to keep people from being completion-focused, and I think the simple way to handle that is to advise the candidate only when they've attained sufficient credit to "graduate".

Just a thought...do with it as you will. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #225598 by
Posting on Temple forum.

The real world application of the work that we do and post here is here (this is real to me) and in the world away from these pages. This is a place where we can gather around pages where we can read what others think and do.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi