Monthly Council Reports Transparency

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #253730 by

Edan wrote:

MartaLina wrote: So we are all bitching now

Nobody is bitching.

Read the posts again then from personal insults to even recommending someone to leave the Temple sure sounds like bitching to me , even aside from cultural differences

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #253731 by Rosalyn J
This topic is now being discussed in Council, as Adder pointed out. Perhaps since that is being done, we can focus on other things?

Like training

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Rosalyn J.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Brick

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #253732 by

Snowy Aftermath wrote:

Leah Starspectre wrote:

Snowy Aftermath wrote:
I quit.

2. Rickie, our differences offsite do not compare to here. You need to *listen* if you want anyone there to take you seriously. Those folks have been mind-searingly kind.

I don't see us as so different, anywhere. I think we have much more in common than different. You just seem angry and frustrated right now.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #253737 by

Rosalyn J wrote: This topic is now being discussed in Council, as Adder pointed out. Perhaps since that is being done, we can focus on other things?

Like training

This is training

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #253739 by Edan
This is my last post on this cos I'm getting fed up with it.

Zenchi wrote: The vast majority dont have much of a problem not knowing either I might add. Granted I dont always get along with the council, a few really get under my skin from time to time, but I have learned to place my emotional disgust at times from the fact that I dont see too many individuals here able to invest more time and do a better job.

This I feel isnt about transparency, as much as it is to do about Individual self serving curiosity. The few want transparency, because they feel it's warrented and they are deserving of it. The most I've noticed who harp over it, are a tad bitter.

The council gives in, reveals a little more, and so the process continues, and will continue until these people know everything that's going on behind closed doors. To which most of is no relevance to your Interaction here, or is simply none of your business. It is my hope no one takes offense to this, but I won't hold my breath, lol...

It's not about curiosity, it's about the Council making decisions on things which affect us. Taking for example on the topics Adder posted on recently regarding moderation guidelines... they affect us.. but we don't know what was decided.

And yes, I am bitter, because after months of talking about it.. what actually happened has been (sorry Adder) pretty useless and in the end only really served the Council.

I never asked to know everything, just enough to know what affects me.

But, I did do as someone else suggested and quit.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

More
7 years 8 months ago #253742 by Wescli Wardest

Edan wrote:
It's not about curiosity, it's about the Council making decisions on things which affect us. Taking for example on the topics Adder posted on recently regarding moderation guidelines... they affect us.. but we don't know what was decided.

And yes, I am bitter, because after months of talking about it.. what actually happened has been (sorry Adder) pretty useless and in the end only really served the Council.

And once things are decided and finalized they are supposed to be announced. That does not mean the announcement goes out to everyone, usually only to the parties it effects.

My original suggestion was to have decisions Council came to posted in the announcement thread, but the vocal majority (those that spouted their opinion the loudest) wanted a monthly newsletter.

Because of our desire to keep privacy for those that would like it, I think the newsletter is a waste of Adder’s time. Where announcing final decisions, and most of them are made public anyways, would be a far better allocation of the time he volunteers to help keep the site running.

[hr]

This is to everyone...

Council is not going to disclose any more than we already do about what Council discusses, especially during the discussion process. So continuing to ask for it, explain why you need it, want it, whatever, is just going to frustrate anyone that wants it more than they already are. And if it were brought to a vote to disclose more, as Security Officer looking out for the individual’s security, I will vote exactly that way.

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Alexandre Orion, Zenchi, , Brick

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #253743 by

MartaLina wrote:

Edan wrote:

Nobody is bitching.

Read the posts again then from personal insults to even recommending someone to leave the Temple sure sounds like bitching to me , even aside from cultural differences

Let it go, Marta. If I can, you can. (I mean that as nonaggressively and in as friendly a way as possible.)
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #253744 by

MartaLina wrote:

Rosalyn J wrote: Like training

This is training

Exactly.

More
7 years 8 months ago #253745 by Wescli Wardest
I think everyone needs to take a step back and chill for a day or two. I hate quoting the rules, but…

TotJO is a place for spiritual enlightenment, self-discovery and discussion of many varied and wide ranging topics. Here at TotJO we debate arguments not personalities and ideas instead of people.
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/termsofuseandrules

Which if we were to moderate this thread according to that one rule we would lose half the thread and no one would know what was going on.

So I want everyone to take a step back, think about what they have written… not what someone else might have written; and, chillax.

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Avalon, , Brick

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #253746 by

Snowy Aftermath wrote:

MartaLina wrote:

Edan wrote:

Nobody is bitching.

Let it go, Marta. If I can, you can. (I mean that as nonaggressively and in as friendly a way as possible.)

loll i am trying believe me and i know there is no try but do , but still :laugh:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi