Monthly Council Reports Transparency

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
7 years 7 months ago #252959 by Jestor

Snowy Aftermath wrote:

Rosalyn J wrote: I find it helpful. I've just pm'd Adder regarding one of the topics.

What would you like to be different?

I guess a full sentence instead of one or two words would help.

for instance,

Changing of the Guard (XXXX for mod)
XXXX - XXXX (4th apprentice)

makes sense, but:

Member XXXX

could mean anything. Are we banning a member? Discussing why they can't seem to get the forum to work? Talking about what color they dyed their hair? ANY more information would be helpful. I don't even know enough from what is posted to know if I even want to ask about it. I might if what was expressed was a little more informative.

I don't understand why the council has to be so secretive anyway. Sure take out names and important facts, but give us some shade of actual information if you're even going to bother pretending to tell us something.

No, we are not banning a member, it is of a sensitive nature, and council needed to discuss them....

As for being secretive, we do not wanna call out particular members for being asshats...

Nor, should we have to share if a member needs special help...

Nor should the problems of another member be your concern unless THEY deem it so...

Its not screcy, its called "discretion"...

To answer you Roz, the constant barrage of questions keeps getting worse,... Some won't be happy until they know every detail of everything, lol...

Adder just copies our thread titles, and then redacts the info we have deemed "not anyone's business"...

To give a synopsis of each thing only adds to his duties....

When that is done, then someone will want to know what Jestor said about it, and then what did Wescli say about why Jestor said, etc....

And, a line needed drawn...

Lets get this system running smoothly before we go altering it...

Lets get our balance before more weight is added....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben, Alexandre Orion, Archon, Kit, Avalon, Zenchi, Brick and 1 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #252963 by

Rosalyn J wrote: I find it helpful. I've just pm'd Adder regarding one of the topics.

Are you just asking Snowy or can i answer too? What i would like different is a little bit more trust in what the council is doing for us , my concern is that the transparancy that is being demanded is some kind of vote of no confidence against authority , which is fine , but make it official then and dont throw tantrums in this thread. Motive , means and oppurtunity....

More
7 years 7 months ago #252965 by Edan

MartaLina wrote:

Are you just asking Snowy or can i answer too? What i would like different is a little bit more trust in what the council is doing for us , my concern is that the transparancy that is being demanded is some kind of vote of no confidence against authority , which is fine , but make it official then and dont throw tantrums in this thread. Motive , means and oppurtunity....

As someone who has requested more transparency on the past, it is not a vote of no confidence to ask what is being done. We do not get a say, but it affects us anyway. I don't think snowy was having a tantrum, just requesting as much as I would have like back when I was a knight.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Brick,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #252982 by

Edan wrote:

MartaLina wrote:

As someone who has requested more transparency on the past, it is not a vote of no confidence to ask what is being done. We do not get a say, but it affects us anyway. I don't think snowy was having a tantrum, just requesting as much as I would have like back when I was a knight.

As much as i appreciate your opinion i do find that there are other ways to obtain this information from the council , this just does not belong in an Announcement thread and can be adressed by pm or by starting another thread in my opinion.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #253007 by Zenchi

Adder wrote: This thread is for the posting of the monthly reports of Council progress in discussions and votes. The list contains discussions and votes completed during that month, showing thread title and a brief description. All names and dates are removed for privacy.

Monthly Council Report - April 2016

Policy and Law Index - discussion of an index for easier access to "Policy" and "Laws" indexes
[Council} Split off - Council reports? - discussion on procedure to be more open on Council movement
[Council] TOTJO Times RFI - request for items from council for TOTJO Times
Knighthood Process - discussion on procedure for the knighthood process
Links To Purchase Books and Materials - discussion on links for Campbell/Watts?etc for purchase by membership
The Way of Jediism > TotJO 2015 - culmination of discussion starting back in 2011 on TWoJ
[Council] -Sigh, "BAD" words... - discussion on profanity, and improper words in the forums
... and 11 other topics still under discussion.

[Council Vote] IP Lesson Amendment "Personal Tools" - addition of "listening/hearing" and lesson rewording voted on, and passed
[Council Vote] Application for Knighthood Law - knighthood process voted on, and passed

Any questions feel free to PM me!!

So, im not sure where the sense of entitlement to more transparency is coming from, and what purpose exactly that would serve...

Also, in regards to the report, do you guys have an actual list for the bad words thread? :laugh:

Thanks for the update Adder....

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Avalon,

More
7 years 7 months ago #253022 by Wescli Wardest

Zenchi wrote: Also, in regards to the report, do you guys have an actual list for the bad words thread? :laugh:

No. LOL :laugh:

And I refuse to make a list of bad words to watch for. :ohmy:
To me, it is just… too much. :pinch:

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Avalon,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #253024 by
I would just like to say that I feel like this level of transparency is more than I feel is even needed. Why do I care what the council talks about during the day? What next, what they had for lunch? Every time there is a major change they bring it to us for discussion.

I have participated in discussions about changes in forum access, creation of new sub-forums, changes to membership requirements, changes to oaths, transparency of the council, and rank/title changes and I've only been here for two years or so. All of the above discussions took place to get the opinion of the members here and in every case those opinions were heard and taken into account. Obviously not everyone got their way, but nothing was ever just done and handed to us. We got a say and a discussion was always had.

That is pretty darn transparent to me. Asking for more than what they're giving us just seems greedy and unnecessary to me.

Edit: I feel like this discussion should be split into it's own thread as this one is for Adder's reports. Just my opinion though.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #253060 by

Zenchi wrote: So, im not sure where the sense of entitlement to more transparency is coming from, and what purpose exactly that would serve...

I don't understand where asking for clarity in the council's decision to be more transparent comes off as entitlement. The council DECIDED to be more forthcoming, which is awesome. I'm just asking to understand what is being communicated.

I don't understand why this is even a thing. I expect that it's because it is coming from me, which stinks. I know folks will deny it, but take a sec to really think about it. If Leah or someone said the same things I did in this thread, would she be accused of having a tantrum or acting entitled? I'm just trying to understand what you guys put out there to be understood.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #253082 by

Snowy Aftermath wrote:

Zenchi wrote: So, im not sure where the sense of entitlement to more transparency is coming from, and what purpose exactly that would serve...

I don't understand where asking for clarity in the council's decision to be more transparent comes off as entitlement. The council DECIDED to be more forthcoming, which is awesome. I'm just asking to understand what is being communicated.

I don't understand why this is even a thing. I expect that it's because it is coming from me, which stinks. I know folks will deny it, but take a sec to really think about it. If Leah or someone said the same things I did in this thread, would she be accused of having a tantrum or acting entitled? I'm just trying to understand what you guys put out there to be understood.

I would have reacted to that message , in that tone , in this place , the same even if it came from someone in the council and i find it infantile to presume that people react in a certain manner because it is you who said it , because where i am concerned that is certainly not the case. Furthermore i still believe that if you want information you can send a PM or start a thread. And this is my last post concerning this because the only person who is making this about Snowy is Snowy herself , good luck with that btw. You are on a ramp course and i am politely getting out of the way from now on.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #253095 by
People asked for the Council to share details of what they were discussing.

Turns out the reason they haven't been is most of it is sensitive/private/personal stuff which they really could never be expected to share anyway.

Conclusion: the Council had it right in the first place, but still tried to accommodate people's wishes.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi