ranking and threads

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 2 weeks ago #945 by
Replied by on topic Re:ranking and threads
Usually i like to put my two cents in (whether its wanted or not) but in this case i really dont have an opinion. Im actually not sure what were trying to figure out here....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 2 weeks ago #947 by
Nash wrote:

In order to do something like this, we would need a true council that would make such objective decisions as to rank. While some would be easy, I believe that it could cause contention amongst some. Everyone would have to agree to the decision of a council whether they agreed or not. Again, that could cause contention.

I would be quite leary of instituting a Council. As it is now, We are the council, All of us. And I think we can Vote quite successfully. However I am wondering if there is a medium within which we could actually cast a Vote that would remain, Instead of in an open discussion. Perhaps JiDun has an answer for that

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 2 weeks ago #948 by
I am not advocating for a council (quite the contrary), merely stating a belief. The biggest issue is that who or what would determine rank?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 2 weeks ago #949 by
On this I could not say. I'm not sure how fair it would be to have everyone vote for everyone elses rank. I also would not want to leave it up to Br. John as he already has far to much to be concerned with at present (He's a busy, Busy Guy). So perhaps It would be more prudent to ,instead of a council over all, form a ranking committee. This would be a committee of the church, appointed by the church, specifically to deal with the issue of rank and nothing more. this would limit its powers and also limit the possibility of corruption. thoughts?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 2 weeks ago #973 by
I would second the idea of a ranking committee. In order for it to work well, it would have to be a limited thing, like you can only be on the committee for a fairly short period of time, say three months, before another vote. IF you get re-voted, by the members, you stay for another three months and so forth. I don't believe that their should be a limit on number of terms, since the members would be the ones voting, not an electoral college or some other crap.

DK

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 2 weeks ago #974 by
I would second the idea of a ranking committee. In order for it to work well, it would have to be a limited thing, like you can only be on the committee for a fairly short period of time, say three months, before another vote. IF you get re-voted, by the members, you stay for another three months and so forth. I don't believe that their should be a limit on number of terms, since the members would be the ones voting, not an electoral college or some other crap.

DK

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 2 weeks ago #975 by
I could certainly go along with regular voting. But yes I think this would very much limit the opportunity for corrupt behavior on the part of committee members. and It would not be in charge of any other aspect of the Church.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 2 weeks ago #982 by
i agree with this so how will we be able to start this up then.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 2 weeks ago #983 by
Br. John, how would you feel about implementing this method? Is there another option you have that may be superior? Lets allow Br. John to respond.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 2 weeks ago #990 by
Twsoundsoff wrote:

Br. John, how would you feel about implementing this method? Is there another option you have that may be superior? Lets allow Br. John to respond.

I feel like making a forum for this and blessing the ad hoc committees. Go for it and May The Force Be With You All.

Br. John

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi