ranking and threads

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 2 days ago #915 by
Replied by on topic Re:ranking and threads
And this is another concept I find tragic. people have to earn respect? At this point I think it is necessary to discuss what this respect is. as an example we as Jedi believe that all people deserve respect. So are we talking an amount of respect? I suppose I would start there. And I also do not agree in that once you lose the respect of subordinates you do not deserve the rank. As an example, in the tale Mutiny on HMS bounty, The captain had far more experience and training than did his crew. He was more well versed in the sea and also had a great deal more invested in the voyage. The crew lost patience in the voyage and did mutiny. Should the captain not have deserved their respect? He certainly should have. He was a well trained military man and they were simple sailors with little or no view of the big picture. (you can tell I think he got a bad rap) This is why I say I don't agree with that statement

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 2 days ago #917 by
there is a difference i find with military respect and civilian respect. demotions are not always wake up calls but put downs to make the higher officers look better. it is a tool that is abused to much, all of us have earned our rank. if i became a master i would not put down the knights around just as i hope the same for me. i think we just need a list of who is who and then if there is for us to choose for a council. thats th most that should go. the council should really just approve ideas to better the order not to put down people. thats my thoughts.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 2 days ago #919 by
Ok, I think I lost some of you all on this one. Remember, not punishment, but this is all a learning tool. I doubt that anyone would be deserving of this, but should someone be headed down the wrong path...nevermind, lets forget the whole demotion thing. I was surfing and came across this.

5 Basic Ranks:
- Force Sensitive
- Jedi Initiate
- Jedi Padawan
- Jedi Knight

Moderator:
- Jedi Guardian

Administrator:
- Jedi Master

We could go off of this or make our own.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 2 days ago #921 by
I believe Br. John has already layed that out in another post earlier. And you all need to remember that we will not have a council as you are thinking. We are the council, the whole church that is

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 2 days ago #922 by
Serric wrote:

Ok, I think I lost some of you all on this one. Remember, not punishment, but this is all a learning tool. I doubt that anyone would be deserving of this, but should someone be headed down the wrong path...nevermind, lets forget the whole demotion thing. I was surfing and came across this.

5 Basic Ranks:
- Force Sensitive
- Jedi Initiate
- Jedi Padawan
- Jedi Knight

Moderator:
- Jedi Guardian

Administrator:
- Jedi Master

We could go off of this or make our own.

This is all good discussions over rank. Let us note though that the above is mostly forum tasking ranks. An Admin might mot even post. Admins could be nothing more than web programmers.

There are levels doled out at forums based on the number of posts that meet a certain criteria.

Also graphics next to avatars can be placed for vanities sake.

I propose that we have a searchable Temple Certified Jedi Master/Knight/Minister Database with the member/jedi/name and Jedi Rank. Then if someone really wants a master he can look and read the forums and then check the list to see if someone he/she resonates with is a master and then REQUEST A CONNECTION with that individual via the Temple Spaces. This alleviates much vanity, It also puts the emphasis where it belongs
On what you have earned here. Respect is earned, as was already noted. The karma points are great for keeping people well mannered and the fact that only 1 can be given out every six hours---- They are hard and well earned. You don't have to worry about de-moting someone --- if they have been a member for a couple of years and they still only have 2 karma points...... Well, I doubt many people would be dumb enough to seek them out as a master no matter what their rank is. :side:

I do agree that a common point needs to be established for those who wish it, and need to find a Real Jedi Master or Knight or Minister. Which the Database would serve well for such needs.

And any who would like can add their rank to their forum signature and it could be verified via the Jedi Master --Listing Database by anyone that wants to verify it.

This would be the best way, I believe and it also gives a realness to the rank as it would be in the Database for all to search and see, not just with some forum avatar. :silly:

In all seriousness.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 2 days ago #923 by
I would be in favor of this idea. I agree that a symbol on the avatar is a vain construct. I agree with JiDun on this matter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 2 days ago #924 by
Twsoundsoff wrote:

I would be in favor of this idea. I agree that a symbol on the avatar is a vain construct. I agree with JiDun on this matter

Let's here more of what the council (like you said, that is all of us) has to say and I am also interested in what Br. John thinks about this as it could also be set to generate those ID numbers he was thinking about.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 2 days ago #926 by
i think that is a great idea. i also like the idea of classification as well. force sensitive. and also jedi master and such. again not for vanity reason i am also part of an airsoft forum and they have military ranks after so many you post. people do whats called chair softing where they just post and post all day just to get their rank up on the forum. it doesn't mean anything outside that forum but they persist. so i don't think connecting the ranking to the amount of post should be optional. just a thought for the council to consider.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 2 days ago #935 by
In order to do something like this, we would need a true council that would make such objective decisions as to rank. While some would be easy, I believe that it could cause contention amongst some. Everyone would have to agree to the decision of a council whether they agreed or not. Again, that could cause contention.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 2 days ago #941 by
JiDun's idea is a good one. It's true that people could post things to up their rank, so in that aspect, maybe it shouldn't be attatched to that. Unless their is a way to mark certain posts as counting and some as not, its more important on quality of post, not quantity. I do like the karma idea thing too, I've noticed that they do seem to go up rarely. I like the database Idea, and I believe most respect is earned. You can respect someone as a person all day, but untill you know them atleast somewhat you don't restpect them as much as someone you know well, and is (in your eyes) a good person. I do not believe there should be demotions unless the promotion is attribute to some form of untruthfull act, such as multiple pointless postings. Anyways, I do believe that ranks could be helpfull if we can all keep our heads about us.

Dhagon Krayt

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi