ranking and threads

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 3 days ago #781 by
Replied by on topic Re:ranking and threads
i hope this works for the best of things.
may the force be with us all

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 3 days ago #784 by
Br. John wrote:

I assure you that's the idea. If anyone wants to see the nightmare of rank and council in action ... I'm sure y'all know where to look without me naming names other than to confess I've learned that lesson the hard way.:whistle:

I'd rather eat a Vaseline sandwich than go through that horror again.

Br. John

first let me say I second this. second, I do want to stress the importance of our vigilence in maintaining this view. The moment one Jedi says to another \"I have higher rank so do it this way or do what I say\" then rank has become a tool for the dark side. We should have respect for all Jedi, as well as for their ideas and thoughts, whether we agree with them or not. And Rank does not change that.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 3 days ago #786 by
Agreed. Indicative ranking system would be nice, especially for Jedi looking to find masters to apprentice with.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 3 days ago #789 by
i think as long as everyone does there part to watch how we talk to eachother i dont forsee this as a problem.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 3 days ago #790 by
HesinRaca wrote:

Agreed. Indicative ranking system would be nice, especially for Jedi looking to find masters to apprentice with.

In this I see the use in their implementation. HesinRaca is dead on in that it would aid those seeking or new members in finding the answeres they require. I Agree

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 3 days ago #809 by
Would it be possible to include their inclination as to which path they follow as well? I believe this would be beneficial to helping apprentices look for Masters that they would agree on path with. Just a though.

Dhagon Krayt

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 3 days ago #811 by
A designation would help. The only problem is when \"masters\" start pulling rank and making demands of others because of their rank. A master offers guidance, not orders. As long as everyone agrees that a designation does not mean authority, then it is a good idea.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 3 days ago #817 by
that is what we have been talking about to make sure masters dont start getting power happy. we all know this is a threat and like i said we all have to do our part to make sure everyone is on the same page on this. and the path file aswell is a great idea.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 3 days ago #821 by
i would be interested to hear Br. Johns current take now. I think we have all agreed now that it would be alright, as long as it was merely a form of identification and nothing more. so then Br. John, How would this be implemented?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 2 days ago #913 by
OK, there are some other military people around other than I so I accept and appreciate all postings after mine. Once you earn your rank, there is both a responsibility and a earned respect. Note that the responsibility comes first. Next, when you have earned your appropriate ranking whether here or in other walks of life, not only does the respect flow up, but also down. Respect is earned and not given. When you begin to lose the respect of your subordinates, you do not deserve the rank. Should we choose implement a ranking structure it needs to be structured so that you are promotable and demotable. Not as a punishment, but as a learning tool. You work your way up the chain, and should you forget what got you there, a simple \"wake-up call\" might be necessary. Any thoughts? May the Force be with us all as we decide.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi