www.templeofthejediorder.com

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #5773 by
Replied by on topic Re:www.templeofthejediorder.com
You can look it up...but I believe it us up for sale next month?

Buy it then...?

I am quite sure Todd will not renew the purchase of it. But let's realy just drop it now?

All the messages were being forwarded here until Br. John had TOTJF taken off-line. Let's remember this... The truth is always right, yes?

Bygones and let's just let time heal...?

MTFBWUA -

Asta Sophi
The topic has been locked.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #5775 by
Asta Sophi wrote:

You can look it up...but I believe it us up for sale next month?

Buy it then...?

I am quite sure Todd will not renew the purchase of it. But let's realy just drop it now?

All the messages were being forwarded here until Br. John had TOTJF taken off-line. Let's remember this... The truth is always right, yes?

Bygones and let's just let time heal...?

MTFBWUA -

Asta Sophi

It is in five weeks and I can't be sure we will get it if it goes on the open market. Why should I take the chance when I can get an emergency federal injunction?

The council votes on it tonight and nobody can tell me why my offer is not a good deal for TOTJF?

I am going to get our .com. Trust me mister - she's my sister.

Blessed Be,

Br. John+

∞
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #5776 by
Who but you and Todd would want it?

Don't you have to renew it if were to buy it now? You'd be paying for it twice.

Would you like me to buy it from Todd and give it to you when it's time is up?

I'll be happy to donate it to you then...and have done of it...

-Asta Sophi
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #5778 by
Asta Sophi wrote:

Who but you and Todd would want it?

Don't you have to renew it if were to buy it now? You'd be paying for it twice.

Would you like me to buy it from Todd and give it to you when it's time is up?

I'll be happy to donate it to you then...and have done of it...

-Asta Sophi

No because if I buy it before it expires I get a free extra year and then I know I'll get it instead of a maybe. If he is not going to renew it then why not take the $36 and the two URL's?

BICARBONATE OF SODA! You're making me curse with frustration as to WHY we can't do it my way and TOTJF comes out ahead and I'm happy for whatever the reason?

Darth Giovanni
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #5781 by
There's a council meeting tonight. Perhaps we will hear more?

All the members of both sites want this over and done.

You did upset Todd when you had the site pulled-down...

Okay, maybe we'll know after tonight?

-Asta
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #5787 by
Many times the whois info will state that a domain acquisition will expire on a certain date but, most people pay one year at a time and their registrar lets them pay first. It is a good idea to place an order for a domain that is about to expire just in case the current owner lets it lapse beyond expiration then you can be first in line to purchase it but, my experience has has shown that about 99 times out of a hundred owners have them set up to automatically bill and pay for them just prior to the expiration date. Some people go ahead and pay for up to ten years at a time but, not many. B)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #5789 by
I was keeping this silent until now for my own reasons but I have approached Todd about two weeks ago about purchasing the URL myself without Br. John's knowledge and Todd would not sell it to me. We had an excellent conversation and were nothing more than peacful and civil in our discussion.

His reasoning was that totjf has much information stored under that URL for thier site but if he is going to be getting 2 from us then that shouldn't be an issue any longer. Needless to say we tabled the conversation and I had hoped to resume it at a later time...but He was reticent about selling it to me and had made no decision on the matter. He had mentioned though that he had it up for automatic renewal.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #5804 by
Twsoundsoff wrote:

I was keeping this silent until now for my own reasons.............................................................
His reasoning was that totjf has much information stored under that URL for thier site................................................
. He had mentioned though that he had it up for automatic renewal.

As I suspected on the auto renewal but, he's puling your leg about the info stored under the templeofthejediorder.com, as it is nothing more than a godaddy page i.e. a parked domain with no real server power for storage etc. Maybe I am not seeing the whole picture but I didn't think we were after the templeofthejediforce url. So, there actually is no legal leg to stand on for holding the templeofthejediorder.com url and Brother John has offered more than I would have for it, given the entire order of events that have transpired so far not to mention the legal right of the order to hold it. I have spoken with Todd several times myself and he was personable to me, but not really willing to take the steps necessary to end or resolve the situation, so we still have this blight which keeps upsetting people and Todd stands to lose way too much, in my own humble opinion and maybe his pride is controlling his position in this stand-off, rather than his intellect. No offense intended to Todd as I too, have fallen prey to this ugly dominating emotion myself many times and when I finally let it go I felt a tremendous release like a huge heavy problem lifted from me and I soon found the impetus to carry on a more focused life with much more positive outcomes. :(
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #5805 by
Is there any news or update on the meeting? Or is it still in session?
-Chance
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #5819 by
With each domain there is a free:

Bandwidth Allotment:
250,000 MB
Diskspace Allotment:
5,000 MB