www.templeofthejediorder.com

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4787 by
I followed that link this morning because Todd and other and I spoke about it yesterday on Teamspeak...

I saw the Admin page of a new website.

I tried to log and...thinking Todd had set up a page and it routed me to information where Br. John's name and an address here came up. I tried to get out...and it said it was a one-time log in deal...

As I backed out a \"Zoops\" info page showed up.

What I believe has happened is that Todd turned over the .com to Br. John?

Is this right?

-Asta Sophi

(The page said one-time set-up...and I was sent a password but it didn't work... )

Please let us know...
The topic has been locked.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4788 by
Replied by on topic Re:www.templeofthejediorder.com
If he did then I don't know about it. It would end all the problems. That was our agreement in the first place. If he has then I need to see a domain transfer order and TOTJF wiil come right back up.

I cant believe he would try and put up a site there. I mean legal wise he would be doing the exact thing I need to prove a cybersquatiing claim.

JHP
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4790 by
Agreed - it did have your name in it though...and mailing address.

Todd's been really busy with his business lately. Which is good! But he was doing about 20 things at once when we spoke yesterday, and Todd - if you see this - let us know?

-Asta Sophi
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4791 by
Lizzy, you can take my word for this: I want peace.

Let's all take a step back and remember that I signed a contract that we had not issues and there could not be any lawsuits for anything that happened before June 22, 2007 in return for our .com.

The offer is still good.

Do not take my word for this. You're a business person ask an attorney so we don't have legal arguments with folks that do not understand the law.

My dark side wanted to say nothing, let a site go up at our .com and then it's a legal dream come true.

In a cybersquatting complaint we do not have to have our trademark registered ($350 ouch) but only prove that we used it in interstate commerce first and have been continuing to use it to render a service (imaging a church having a service - that's funny).

Yes someone owned the URL before but they abandoned it.

Gentle Readers, I'm not picking a fight and I'm not making threats. I cannot allow anything to come up on TEMPLEOFTHEJEDIORDER.COM and I can't imagine why ... Are you saying that you're members of The Order and this is to be a congregation of TOTJO?

I know Todd owns TempleOfTheJediForce.com.

Not a single post is lost and your site is coming back in a week anyway as Todd filed a counter-notice.

Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act (Introduced in Senate)

S 1255 IS

106th CONGRESS

1st Session

S. 1255

To protect consumers and promote electronic commerce by amending certain trademark infringement, dilution, and counterfeiting laws, and for other purposes.

IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES

June 21, 1999

Mr. ABRAHAM (for himself, Mr. TORRICELLI, Mr. HATCH, and Mr. MCCAIN) introduced the following bill; which was read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

A BILL

To protect consumers and promote electronic commerce by amending certain trademark infringement, dilution, and counterfeiting laws, and for other purposes.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the `Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act'.

SEC. 2. FINDINGS.

Congress finds that the unauthorized registration or use of trademarks as Internet domain names or other identifiers of online locations (commonly known as `cybersquatting')--

(1) results in consumer fraud and public confusion as to the true source or sponsorship of products and services;

(2) impairs electronic commerce, which is important to the economy of the United States; and

(3) deprives owners of trademarks of substantial revenues and consumer goodwill.

SEC. 3. TRADEMARK REMEDIES.

(a) RECOVERY FOR VIOLATION OF RIGHTS- Section 35 of the Act entitled `An Act to provide for the registration and protection of trade-marks used in commerce, to carry out the provisions of certain international conventions, and for other purposes', approved July 5, 1946, (commonly referred to as the `Trademark Act of 1946') (15 U.S.C. 1117) is amended by adding at the end the following:

`(d)(1) In this subsection, the term `Internet' has the meaning given that term in section 230(f)(1) of the Communications Act of 1934 (47 U.S.C. 230(f)(1)).

`(2)(A) In a case involving the registration or use of an identifier described in subparagraph (B), the plaintiff may elect, at any time before final judgment is rendered by the trial court, to recover, instead of actual damages and profits under subsection (a)--

`(i) an award of statutory damages in the amount of--

`(I) not less than $1,000 or more than $100,000 per trademark per identifier, as the court considers just; or

`(II) if the court finds that the registration or use of the registered trademark as an identifier was willful, not less than $3,000 or more than $300,000 per trademark per identifier, as the court considers just; and

`(ii) full costs and reasonable attorney's fees.

`(B) An identifier referred to in subparagraph (A) is an Internet domain name or other identifier of an online location that is--

`(i) the trademark of a person or entity other than the person or entity registering or using the identifier; or

`(ii) sufficiently similar to a trademark of a person or entity other than the person or entity registering or using the identifier as to be likely to--

`(I) cause confusion or mistake;

`(II) deceive; or

`(III) cause dilution of the distinctive quality of a famous trademark.'.

(b) REMEDIES FOR DILUTION OF FAMOUS MARKS- Section 43(c)(2) of the Act entitled `An Act to provide for the registration and protection of trade-marks used in commerce, to carry out the provisions of certain international conventions, and for other purposes', approved July 5, 1946, (commonly referred to as the `Trademark Act of 1946') (15 U.S.C. 1125(c)(2)) is amended by striking `35(a)' and inserting `35 (a) and (d)'.

So what Todd's doing will:

Cause a federal lawsuit;
Our attorney is free;
He has a federal judgment of at least $3,000.

GoDaddy can have the site back up in an hour if I withdraw the DMCA complaint.

JHP
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4792 by
As a show of good faith I'll take your word that we are getting our .com and I'll FAX GoDaddy the release of TOTJF.org immediatly.

Br. John+
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4794 by
How did you write that so fast?

I mean you seriously wrote that in like 3 minutes...

All I know is that the .com seem to be doing something?

-Asta Sophi
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4795 by
But John...I was just asking...

I wouldn't do that until you know for sure...okay?

-Asta Sophi
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4798 by
Replied by on topic TOTJF Members R.s.v.p.
Folks it's Friday afternoon and the office that handles DMCA issues is closed on the weekend. I want your site back up as much as you do. I proved my point that it is not safe as long as only one person can make a backup.

I've tried but I just can't stay evil for very long and if enough of the leadership at TOTJF posts here and gives me their word that they will try to get our .com for us and will not support the use of that .com - I will take you word for it and if that does not work then I'll just sue Todd.

As a bonus I'll give you 'TOTJF.net'.

Br. John
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4800 by
Replied by on topic Re:TOTJF Members R.s.v.p.
Thanks John....

I can't speak for anyone on the council, but I want the TOTJO.com to go to TOTJO.org...and will urge it.

One good thing that did come of this is that TOTJF members spent time here getting to know our brother and sister Jedi much better. I think we have all formed friendship and much distrust has been softened.

(I was here last night after I'd been witnessed to a terrible car crash on the freeway...and just wanted to be around Jedi. No one from TOTJF was on...but Bishop Whiteman and Perris, and Mouse were all so helpful...and Zach dropped in...and a new member with a long name but a really nice guy! And a fellow geezer!!! Yay! I could close my eyes and sleep....after being with them and talking.)

Good things and learning come of trials sometimes...I feel this is true here....

-Asta Sophi
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4810 by
Replied by on topic Re:TOTJF Members R.s.v.p.
Asta Sophi wrote:

Thanks John....

I can't speak for anyone on the council, but I want the TOTJO.com to go to TOTJO.org...and will urge it.

One good thing that did come of this is that TOTJF members spent time here getting to know our brother and sister Jedi much better. I think we have all formed friendship and much distrust has been softened.

(I was here last night after I'd been witnessed to a terrible car crash on the freeway...and just wanted to be around Jedi. No one from TOTJF was on...but Bishop Whiteman and Perris, and Mouse were all so helpful...and Zach dropped in...and a new member with a long name but a really nice guy! And a fellow geezer!!! Yay! I could close my eyes and sleep....after being with them and talking.)

Good things and learning come of trials sometimes...I feel this is true here....

-Asta Sophi

That is good enough for me. http://templeofthejediforce.org/ is released although I don't know what all that mumbo jumbo is there now the URL is working.

Br. John+
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi