"Jedi Believe" was Tied....

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #350678 by Alethea Thompson
It'll be interesting to see what the new IP is. I, personally, hope it places more emphasis on learning about the Doctrine.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #350679 by steamboat28

Alethea Thompson wrote: It'll be interesting to see what the new IP is. I, personally, hope it places more emphasis on learning about the Doctrine.

The Doctrine is important, but unlearning is even moreso.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #350680 by Kohadre
Replied by Kohadre on topic "Jedi Believe" was Tied....

steamboat28 wrote:

Alethea Thompson wrote: It'll be interesting to see what the new IP is. I, personally, hope it places more emphasis on learning about the Doctrine.

The Doctrine is important, but unlearning is even moreso.

ambulabit ante te current;
Walk before you run.

This is great in concept for Jedi who have gone through and completed IP, supplemental lessons, and/or apprenticeships. However for new members, it may do more harm than good; especially considering common themes such as "Star Wars Jedi were 100% real!"; "How to learn force powers now - serious replies only"; or "How to make light-saber now!?"

Our ties to the Star Wars fiction for better or worse lock us into accompanying those unable or unwilling to separate role play from spiritual practice.

Rather than restructure the IP, doctrine, or other faith based documentation; perhaps we should instead restructure our foundation and reliance on the Star Wars mythos?

So long and thanks for all the fish
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, FTPC

More
4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #350681 by Carlos.Martinez3
Love it -

What may have to happen is we find new dirt. I’ve been meditating about thing and this year and a lot of what goes on here as well...
I got dirt in pots inside and out. I transfer in and out from mounds outside. Some times I can loose track of dirt. In English - I used old dirt unknowingly and I get weak plants. Here, weak plants are food so less food. Less food means for us we need more plants. More work.

Levels
Some trees and plants dont need constant adjustments as others.
Some don’t need the same ingredients for yield.

WE ARE NOT PLANTS

But I wish we could remember the example given by them.

In my practice - Doctrine is for application (that’s just me). So as me - I ask and rhetorical for each I Hope is - what fruit will this bring? Will this be the change that takes us to the next level of application for me and others .... pause for intent—- - or are we just flexing our vocabulary?
I’m not opposed at all- actually we are the reason for it. WE - every single one present today. All y’all.

Edit - what type of dirt are we making?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #350685 by FTPC
Replied by FTPC on topic "Jedi Believe" was Tied....
oh hits more work for me sighs the Joys of changing sig the IP

or has Kohadre got a good point

This is great in concept for Jedi who has gone through and completed IP, supplemental lessons, and/or apprenticeships. However, for new members, it may do more harm than good; especially considering common themes such as "Star Wars Jedi were 100% real!"; "How to learn force powers now - serious replies only"; or "How to make light-saber now!?"

Just because A lot of members have rushed threw the IP what about the others that Still battling the IP like me,

about the ip
if it ant broke then why fix it

why are you despite or headstrong on changing it..

Joined Monday 14 January 2015 16:03 guest -
Friday, 24, January 2015, 16:03 pm member
Wednesday may /18/2016 13:04 pm. Novice -
Thursday, July/ 17//2020 time 19:42 pm - Initiate rank-
Monday 20 Jul 2020 19:43 pm Apprintace- to Wescli Wardest

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #350689 by Alethea Thompson
Kohadre, I've always seen ToTJO as one of the better places to break that idea that SW is fiction, but has it's own value when you understand it in context as a Modern Myth.

That said, I agree that advancing people beyond the Doctrine so they are living the Path is for the step after you figure out how the Doctrine works. I am very much of the opinion you have to crawl before you can walk- and that starts with the Doctrine. The advanced studies are for when you've figured it out, and then realized that you can move forward without constantly having to look back at it all.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #350690 by Carlos.Martinez3
*off topic
The new IP has very little to do with doctrine. A lot of it is finding out in a very self reflective manner the actual person we call us. Player one if you will. The usefulness in foundation is often creation in this manner. Good resources and good ideas - MORE- good ideas - never better but more. Most of the current stuff will be added to the Lesson bank for the Degree scheme. ( I think- I can be wrong but that’s the flow of this as this far as I understand) Foward.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi