"Jedi Believe" was Tied....

More
12 Feb 2020 03:37 #349730 by TheDude
Replied by TheDude on topic "Jedi Believe" was Tied....
I've added my input as well.
Manu, I'm surprised by how closely we answered. :lol: :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Manu, Rex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2020 04:41 #349733 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic "Jedi Believe" was Tied....
Right? There's a very similar pattern to responses so far
Where's the contrarians when you need them haha

IP Team Lead
TM: Carlos Martinez
ὁ δὲ ἀμυχηδόν νεξέταστος βίος γίγνομαι βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Manu, TheDude

More
12 Feb 2020 09:40 #349737 by Erinis
Replied by Erinis on topic "Jedi Believe" was Tied....
I've added my input as well.

Regarding to this I think that political area shouldn't be included in Jedi beliefs.
One could argue that political stuff are related to it also and that's right, however I think that doctrine has enough informations which are related to it already.

- Phoenix is reborn with each development into something new -
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Manu, OB1Shinobi, TheDude, Snow Wolf

More
16 Feb 2020 20:08 - 16 Feb 2020 21:11 #349816 by OB1Shinobi
It took me all week to sort my thoughts out on this. I objected to the political bit that i dont really agree with on the grounds that it was too political, but then i realized i was willing to accept the political bits that i did agree with and the incongruity of that kind of stumped me for a time. What ive decided is that I personally believe that our Doctrine ought to be built on principles and ideas that guide and empower us to make our own decisions about life, including politics. I dislike and distrust the idea of instantiating specific political positions into the Doctrine, even the positions with which I agree.

“To be impeccable means to put your life on the line in order to back up your decisions, and then to do quite a lot more than your best to realize those decisions.”
-Carlos Castaneda
Last edit: 16 Feb 2020 21:11 by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Carlos.Martinez3, Rex, Snow Wolf

More
16 Feb 2020 21:13 #349817 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic "Jedi Believe" was Tied....
Although imo morality ought to influence politics (as opposed to the other way around), I think we really need to figure out where we ought to take a stand. Freedom of expression especially in the context of religion might seem obvious, but the odd smattering of references to American constitutional amendments seems haphazard.

Should we include that we're for trials by a jury of one's peers? What's our stand on quartering soldiers, term limits, or the rule against perpetuities?

IP Team Lead
TM: Carlos Martinez
ὁ δὲ ἀμυχηδόν νεξέταστος βίος γίγνομαι βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, OB1Shinobi, Snow Wolf

Moderators: KobosBrick