A meditation a day ..

More
2 years 6 months ago #362460 by Serenity Amyntas
Cannot believe this is still here , thank you so much for not deleting this :)

Servizio cura rispetto *Gloria alla Casa dei Soli Gemelli*

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #375297 by Serenity Amyntas
Welcome to the Loving Kindness Meditation, 

You can sit or lie down for this meditation, whichever is most comfortable for you. Relax into the meditation posture. Take note of being present in your body and your environment. Breathe. Take your time.Turn your focus to the heart. Feel or imagine your beating heart with gratitude and warmth.

Let your breath flow as deep down into your belly as is possible, without forcing it. As we breathe we imagine connecting to something that is bigger than us, for some that is the Force , for some its their God, do what feels right for you. 

Try breathing in through your nose and out through your mouth.

Breathe 

(Keep doing this for at least 3 minutes.)

We begin the meditation : 

Call to mind a person (or pet) ,of past or present,  whose steady love and unconditional acceptance of you touches your heart in a special way. Allow yourself to experience their lovingkindness as if they were right next to you, happy for your presence and grateful for you just as you are. Notice how this image eases your body and your mind and fils your heart with warmth. 

Relax into this warm feeling of connection. Allow thoughts to arise and evaporate and come back to the heart.

Pauze

May I be held in lovingkindness.
May I be happy and safe.
May I be healthy in body and in mind.
May I always have enough.
May my heart know peace.

Pauze

Now we bring someone to mind who needs our Loving Kindness more than ever , someone you know who suffers , is ill , is struggling. Names.

May you be held in lovingkindness.
May you be happy and safe.
May you be healthy in body and in mind.
May you always have enough.
May your heart know peace.

Next, bring to mind someone who means a lot to you, someone in whose presence you can relax and be fully appreciated for who you are. Feel the goodness of this heart connection, feel your mutual gratitude. As you offer your well-wishes, imagine that the person is touched by them and experiences happiness and peace.

Pauze

Next, bring to mind someone you’ve met casually, someone you recognize but don’t really know. A nurse at the hospital, the old woman across the street, a neighbor you nod to.  future. Imagine that as your wishes touch them, their hearts and minds are at ease.Take your time to reach out to them.

Pauze

Now imagine someone you don’t care for. It could be someone you know personally or someone you know of and who triggers your antipathy. You may think of this person as unworthy of your kind consideration.You may even feel anger when you think about them , let that go.  As you evoke them in your mind’s eye, try to let go of your antipathy. It may help to imagine them as they were when they were a young, vulnerable child, before things became so difficult. include them in your well-wishes

Pauze

now, include as many people and animals as you can in your wishes. Happy or sad, loved or neglected, in good health or in poor health, in all stages of life. Without making a particular effort to envision them separately, simply maintain awareness of the presence of all of these beings who share your planet and send them your wishes with a sincere and tender heart.

Pauze

Now return to awareness of being present in your space, connected to all of these beings through your wishes. Maintaining this sense of presence to your best ability, simply sit. Wrap up your lovingkindness meditation with a sense of gratitude.

Thank you all for attending and sharing this meditation with me , may you all be well and blessed and May the Force be with all of you!

x

Servizio cura rispetto *Gloria alla Casa dei Soli Gemelli*

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi