A meditation a day ..

More
6 years 5 months ago #306420 by Cyan Sarden
Replied by Cyan Sarden on topic A meditation a day ..

Amyntas wrote: it begins with self love , if you dont love yourself , how can you love others?

Says who? I consider myself part of the Force - and the same goes for everyone and everything in the Universe. As we are all one in the Force, loving others is the same as loving oneself. There’s no need to direct love at myself as others will not benefit from that directly. Of course I look after myself as I can’t be of service if I’m not well.

That’s said I’m sure it doesn’t harm to spend time asserting self-love but I hardly consider it essential.

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #306422 by
Replied by on topic A meditation a day ..

Cyan Sarden wrote:

Amyntas wrote: it begins with self love , if you dont love yourself , how can you love others?

Says who? I consider myself part of the Force - and the same goes for everyone and everything in the Universe. As we are all one in the Force, loving others is the same as loving oneself. There’s no need to direct love at myself as others will not benefit from that directly. Of course I look after myself as I can’t be of service if I’m not well.

That’s said I’m sure it doesn’t harm to spend time asserting self-love but I hardly consider it essential.

I disagree , i cannot give what i dont have , as floating and penetrating as the Force is , if i block an essential part of myself off to myself , how can i reveal it to others ? I am not saying you are wrong , i just see it differently :lol:

More
6 years 5 months ago #306424 by Cyan Sarden

Amyntas wrote:

Cyan Sarden wrote:

I disagree , i cannot give what i dont have , as floating and penetrating as the Force is , if i block an essential part of myself off to myself , how can i reveal it to others ? I am not saying you are wrong , i just see it differently :lol:

I find that loving others gives me joy, and I’d argue that yes, I can have love for others even though I don’t necessarily cultivate it for myself (and no, I don’t hate myself :-)

The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #306426 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic A meditation a day ..

Cyan Sarden wrote:

This isn't the movies, society craves destruction, the majority of people growing up today are not taught the value of self compassion, why would it? It thrives on chaos, disempowerment and tearing down of the individual. Self compassion is the hardest lesson to learn in this life, and the individual who has learned it sets an example that taking care of the self first should be a priority. I hope you learn it before the next incarnation Peter...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , James

More
6 years 5 months ago #306427 by Carlos.Martinez3
From the block....
Today's lol

A common pitfall in modern Jedi ism today is the attempt to undefine and unjustify another jedis path with only our own personal definitions.
That is never Jedi-isms goal.
This can be a prime path that leads to stagnation in ones path.
This way, this light , this idea , this road, (call it what you like) CAN often lead to little or no growth. It can often keep a Jedi from compassion and dim the light of learn.
Force be with you Peter ! Force we share find you and me where we seek it ! Right ... there ... in that place !!!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden,

More
6 years 5 months ago #306429 by Cyan Sarden

Zenchi wrote: This isn't the movies, society craves destruction, the majority of people growing up today are not taught the value of self compassion, why would it? It thrives on chaos, disempowerment and tearing down of the individual. Self compassion is the hardest lesson to learn in this life, and the individual who has learned it sets an example that taking care of the self first should be a priority. I hope you learn it before the next incarnation Peter.

I don’t lack self-compassion. I’ve been an avid user of metta mediation for years. I’m convinced that lasting happiness can only come from inside oneself as anything external is fleeting.

That doesn’t mean I have to hold a mirror in front of myself and say “I love you” though - it’s just not me. If others don’t accept that or can’t relate to it it’s not something I concern myself with.

But I agree, compassion in general, not just self-compassion, is something that society as a whole seems to have replaced by egotism and self-centeredness.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #306436 by
Anyway , to whom it concerns :P for me it was very liberating to tell myself i love myself in the mirror , i am not pushing this habit on anyone , it just is one of the things i realised when i saw how self destructive my anger and self loathing was , i am still angry , but its not eating away at me anymore , because i am not my emotions ;)

Only today i had to convince my daughter that the only person she had to impress is herself , she has to make things work and work at it and stop being angry at others that don't understand us , they owe us nothing , but we owe it to ourselfes to treat ourselfes with love and compassion. And radiate that outwards ...

Ow , and i was just fed up with being like this guy ...

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #306527 by
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtwjIOQWiJs

"Peace, Tranquility and Healing"

Sitting comfortably or lying down with eyes closed, let's begin by becoming aware of the breath......

Feel the breath as it enters with a cool feeling and then warming as it gently travels down into the lungs.....
Fill the lungs with a deep inhale, bringing in energy, vitality and the living Force.....
As you exhale, feel the body releasing toxins, stress and any negativity that has accumulated.....

Stay with this breath, focusing on the feeling of deep peace for ten deep inhalations and exhalations....
Feel the energy that is in the body....
Become aware of the warmth and tingling of every cell.....
Feel the energy that is in the extended environment, in every part of nature and in every living thing.....
Bring all those energies together and feel them as one.....
Visualize all of that energy shining brightly, as the sun.....

Bring the shining glow of bright energy over the crown of the head.....
Feel it starting to travel down into your body from the top of your head, slowly going down into your face and neck, traveling down into the shoulders, all the way down into the arms, down to the fingers.....
Feel the healing energy and light going down into your chest, all the way down to your hips.....
Feel it continue traveling down your legs all the way down to your toes.....
Your whole body is now filled with divine healing light and energy.....

Allow that healing energy to completely fill any physical area that needs healing energy.....
Feel it warming, healing and expanding through the area......
Allow the healing light to bring peace and healing to any emotional issues or traumas.....

Bring your awareness to any intentions or desires that you may have.....
Hold the thoughts of those intentions or desires as you allow the healing energy to bring your deepest desires to life and your intentions into reality.....
Feel your connection to divine energy and light, and know that all is ONE.

Stay with this deep, relaxing, peaceful feeling of bliss.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 days ago - 6 years 4 days ago #320605 by

ZAZEN PRACTICE
A GUIDELINE FOR BEGINNERS

Purposes in Zazen:
In his “Zen Fables for Today”, Richards McLean retells the following story:
“Why must I meditate in order to achieve enlightenment?” demanded the
prince of the teacher. “I can study, I can pray. I can think on issues clearly.
Why this silly emptying of mind?”
“I will show you,” said the teacher, taking a bucket of water into the garden
under the full moon. “Now I stir the surface and what do you see?”
“Ribbons of light,” answered the prince. “Now wait,” said the teacher
setting the bucket down.
Both teacher and boy watched the calming surface of the water in the
bamboo bucket for many minutes. “Now what do you see?” asked the
teacher. “The moon,” replied the prince.
“So, too, young master, the only way to grasp enlightenment is through a
calm and settled mind.”
This simple story is telling us the purpose and the way of zazen very clearly.
To practice “Zazen” is to see into one’s “own nature” or Buddha-nature,
which is from the very beginning, pure and calm, and every being in the
world has it.

http://www.zenguide.com/practice/zazen_guide.pdf
Last edit: 6 years 4 days ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 11 months ago #321053 by

Serenity wrote: Breathe .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80kC3deToc0

Just a reminder, to wind down when you see someone blaming others but never themselves, stay calm and be the best person you can be today.

And don't stop breathing ;)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi