A Star Wars Jedi you relate too

More
30 May 2019 15:39 - 30 May 2019 15:40 #339074 by Uzima Moto

ren wrote:

Uzima Moto wrote: Jedi Master Arryn Kai, or Kreia.. her drive to look beyond limits and to understand wholly is a drive I feel leads to a life "awash with possibilities"..

I couldn't agree more. It's a shame so much of her character was cut from the game (rushed by lucasfilm), where she ends as as a force-hating bitter old sith. Her existentialism-heavy philosophy is why I ever bothered with jediism and identify with the shadow path.

I wasn't aware of how much her character influenced me growing up. Not until now as an 29 y/o.. Looking back though, I wish I had really understood the depth of it all then. Instead of just now really grasping it..

The idea to challenge ideas, codes, creeds, philosophies, etc. Not to be contrarian, but to sharpen my own mind. To improve what is useful and discard what is worthless. Even if that discarded piece is a deep rooted belief. Such as religious dogma or cultural stereotypes.. it would have given me stronger purpose and focus in my rebellious years. I rebelled for my own freedom, but didn't really know how to improve myself.. I had ideas, but I was never fully planted in them. So eventually I was easily lead back astray by my own guilt and the dogma of others.. My mind made me weak, where at one point it was my greatest strength..

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
Last edit: 30 May 2019 15:40 by Uzima Moto.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Tracey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jul 2019 15:06 #340549 by Tracey
Luke Skywalker,because my head is always in the clouds,I have always studied crystals and stones but I have a new one since March,Black Tektite-, supposed to be created from a Meteorite crash,but I noticed that I am more aware of everything now,it stays in my pocket everyday,I recommend you guys looking this stone up,Wonderful properties. May the Force be with Us All

?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, deb1977

More
22 Jul 2019 05:26 #340561 by Deimos
I am ignorant in regards to Legends, something I'm just now getting into, but I would say probably Luke mostly because he doesn't 100% shut away his emotions, but rather he uses them to his advantage without letting them overtake him, something I personally aspire to accomplish myself.

-Dei'mos
The following user(s) said Thank You: lightscribe, Tracey

Moderators: Kobos