A Star Wars Jedi you relate too

More
5 years 2 months ago #331970 by Tobias
Definitely Obi Wan. Especially in Episodes I and II. He is sort of an ideal Jedi to me. Always calm and peaceful, with a sense of humor, that´s how I - try - to be.

You must unlearn what you have learned.

Teaching Master: Rosalyn J

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #331971 by
Replied by on topic A Star Wars Jedi you relate too
How times change you. Used to identify with Plo Koon, and still do to a degree... But Ahsoka more closely aligns with my Path.

A hot-headed newbie Jedi, becoming a bit of a firebrand during apprenticeship... But eventually levelling out, holding one's own, and becoming all the better a Jedi for it.

Also reverse grip Mastery FTW! ;p

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #331987 by
I'd be very happy if I was someday compared to Qui-Gon Jin.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #331997 by
As a great Master once described in this thread:

Who I was -- Anakin from Episode 2: Whiny, Too big for his britches, Bites off more than he can chew and blames everyone for what happens and takes no responsibility for himself.

Who I am now -- Mace Windu: Experience has brought wisdom, anger is still the biggest threat but learning how to control it and use it towards something good, a Gray Jedi who is in Balance.

Who I hope I become -- Qui Gon Jinn: Still a Gray Jedi like Mace but has learned to overcome his anger and doubts. Like any great Jedi he has his own issues still since no one is perfect but he listens to Yoda faithfully but still commits to his own choices for what he believes is right and in Balance with the Force.

Who I wish I could be -- Yoda: If you can be anyone, always be Yoda.

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #331998 by JamesSand
Eh, I can't say as I feel a strong similiarity to any of the Jedi characters. They're all a bit...too extreme.

I'm more of a chewie - mostly competent comic relief, dragged along on asinine adventures (because really, what else am I going to do?) and a few anger management problems.

all I really want is to get paid, and have some time off to spend with a cute Askajian and some Regellian draught.

(and if I'm not careful, my speech sounds like garbled nonsense, so there's that)
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by JamesSand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Jake Nislan

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #332006 by Kobos
So I was thinking about this a lot because like James I kinda also don't feel a strong character connection.

But in very loose terms I would say I want to be OB1 from A New Hope. Now I need you to think of it like this. You have only seen A New Hope as the perspective. So, here's this old dude lives in the desert you don't know much about him. He will all reply to all the questions you ask, he might show you some cool things, he won't lie to you but he will test your perceptions. I kind of just have to trust him on somethings but he does some tough things through the plot, in the end though he knows there is something deeper, and he does the craziest thing (takes light-saber to death) because that deeper thing doesn't end with him. He delivers a message when it needs to be after only a moments clear contemplation after a chaotic series of events. That's not the last thing he does either, he ends up passing on the message to Luke during the Death Star scene from just a different point of view (dead but use it metaphorically). Now that is the me I would like to be. Am I there no and the path in between is not quite what you would cannon like at all........but in the end if you know only this set of guidelines you see a man who has learned the most from his experiences and sees what they have summed up in order to be of help those to in need. Once i get there I'll let you know. :)

Much Love Respect and Peace,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Kobos.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #332021 by
Just from what I've read about her on Wookieepedia, I think Mara Jade would probably be the character I most identify with. She's got a complicated past, she picks things up quickly, can read a situation and respond, she's driven and craves a true challenge, she's got serious long term health things (at least for a while she did).

She's a satin sofa surrounded by razorwire walls.

More
4 years 9 months ago #339058 by Maria
The Jedi that I most relate to in Legends is Leia Organa. I like how she melded the Jedi path with the life of public service she had before beginning her training. I’m a great admirer of the Consular in fiction, as their experiences align the most with my interests.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos, Jake Nislan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 9 months ago #339061 by
Jedi Master Arryn Kai, or Kreia.. her drive to look beyond limits and to understand wholly is a drive I feel leads to a life "awash with possibilities"..

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
4 years 9 months ago #339072 by ren
Replied by ren on topic A Star Wars Jedi you relate too

Uzima Moto wrote: Jedi Master Arryn Kai, or Kreia.. her drive to look beyond limits and to understand wholly is a drive I feel leads to a life "awash with possibilities"..

I couldn't agree more. It's a shame so much of her character was cut from the game (rushed by lucasfilm), where she ends as as a force-hating bitter old sith. Her existentialism-heavy philosophy is why I ever bothered with jediism and identify with the shadow path.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Jake Nislan

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi