8 years 4 months ago #216030 by
I'd choose a blue lightsaber. Lol

Jlondo, Novice of the Jedi Order

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #216104 by
after reading the Jedi path, I found my penchant is for Jedi ambassador and Jedi diplomat as part of the Jedi consular category carrying green lightsabres

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #216115 by OB1Shinobi
diplomats have to be very well versed in history, receptive to feedback, alert to areas where their own view can be improved, respectful of the experience and input of those they deal with, and keenly aware of (and as much as possible, in control of) the impressions they make on others

its an important job, and a noble one

and one that requires a very high degree of social acuity, and the ability to well and truly check ones ego at the door

People are complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #216128 by

Entropist wrote:

Kitsu Tails wrote: The biggest problem I see with most people taking a portion fiction to realism is that they do not consider the Whole history and ideals of the fiction. They just take a part of it and say "It doesn't work."

I found this statement very different to the remainder of the explanation, which is very well reasoned. I'm very curious if this could mean anything else.

0_o What else do you think it could mean? Careful with any Assumptions :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #216130 by

OB1Shinobi wrote: diplomats have to be very well versed in history, receptive to feedback, alert to areas where their own view can be improved, respectful of the experience and input of those they deal with, and keenly aware of (and as much as possible, in control of) the impressions they make on others

its an important job, and a noble one

and one that requires a very high degree of social acuity, and the ability to well and truly check ones ego at the door

I only ever discuss logic, reason, and for the purposes of good. similarly, I welcome any logic, reasoning, and especially evidence in response in the form of feedback.

ego is outside that equation. input into the equation of diplomacy is through the above means, similarly with governance and ambassadorship.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #216133 by

Kitsu Tails wrote: The biggest problem I see with most people taking a portion fiction to realism is that they do not consider the Whole history and ideals of the fiction. They just take a part of it and say "It doesn't work."

Entropist wrote: I found this statement very different to the remainder of the explanation, which is very well reasoned. I'm very curious if this could mean anything else.

Kitsu Tails wrote: 0_o What else do you think it could mean? Careful with any Assumptions :)

I wouldn't assume, I know the mechanism people use to only focus on what they want to see rather than include everything - tunnel vision, narrowmindedness, pigeon-holing, presuppositative opinions, etc.

so related to choosing the faction of Jedi class, the difference between interest and skill set (even capacity) was explained by your prior post. so I'm curious to know what you meant by it's initial paragraph

Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #216437 by
Replied by on topic Consular, Guardian or Sentinel?
I just want to be a nice person who helpes others , i have the skills in me to help and want to put them to the best use i can, i feel i will always have to learn to be even better ..i dont have a name for myself other than Jedi :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #216441 by

MartaLina wrote: I just want to be a nice person who helpes others , i have the skills in me to help and want to put them to the best use i can, i feel i will always have to learn to be even better ..i dont have a name for myself other than Jedi :)

great, so what's your means of helping everyone?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #216476 by

Entropist wrote:

MartaLina wrote: I just want to be a nice person who helpes others , i have the skills in me to help and want to put them to the best use i can, i feel i will always have to learn to be even better ..i dont have a name for myself other than Jedi :)

great, so what's your means of helping everyone?

I am not sure i understand the questions, if you mean what tools i use in my work to help others its my broad knowledge of the Law and the skills i offer to help people in Legal matters. On a personal level i use my intuiition and my common sense and hope to be of use. And i said i want to help others that does not mean i can help everyone , if i know people that can help i redirect.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #216485 by

MartaLina wrote: [

I am not sure i understand the questions, if you mean what tools i use in my work to help others its my broad knowledge of the Law and the skills i offer to help people in Legal matters. On a personal level i use my intuiition and my common sense and hope to be of use. And i said i want to help others that does not mean i can help everyone , if i know people that can help i redirect.

I understand, doing your best is OK. so you are a lawyer as your means to help people?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi