Consular, Guardian or Sentinel?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #215200 by

Bareus wrote: Wich of the fictional classes of jedi do you prefer?
If i haven't nemtioned them in the title please add them below :)
I belive i would probably be a sentinel

hi Bareus, are you talon from Jedi church? this very same topic was used recently in their FB

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #215206 by Yugen

Entropist wrote:

Bareus wrote: Wich of the fictional classes of jedi do you prefer?
If i haven't nemtioned them in the title please add them below :)
I belive i would probably be a sentinel

hi Bareus, are you talon from Jedi church? this very same topic was used recently in their FB

I'm from that facebook group yes. However i'm not talon, i have changed my opinion of what class i would be after further study. I commented his post there, the only clue i can give you is that i commented that i was a consular

TOTJO Novice

Yugen (幽玄): is said to mean “a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe… and the sad beauty of human suffering”

IP Journal
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Yugen.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #215278 by

Bareus wrote: , i have changed my opinion of what class i would be after further study. I commented his post there, the only clue i can give you is that i commented that i was a consular

that's OK, now I'm wondering why recognition has yet to be given to this thread?

More
8 years 3 months ago #215995 by Yugen

Entropist wrote:

Bareus wrote: , i have changed my opinion of what class i would be after further study. I commented his post there, the only clue i can give you is that i commented that i was a consular

that's OK, now I'm wondering why recognition has yet to be given to this thread?

Recognition, why?

TOTJO Novice

Yugen (幽玄): is said to mean “a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe… and the sad beauty of human suffering”

IP Journal

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #215996 by

Bareus wrote: Recognition, why?

recognition for taking someone's value in their idea as their own

More
8 years 3 months ago #215999 by Yugen

Entropist wrote:

Bareus wrote: Recognition, why?

recognition for taking someone's value in their idea as their own

Well, i guess since this is a thread of what you would be is meant to be fictional
That may be the reason

TOTJO Novice

IP Journal

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #216001 by
Replied by on topic Consular, Guardian or Sentinel?
The biggest problem I see with most people taking a portion fiction to realism is that they do not consider the Whole history and ideals of the fiction. They just take a part of it and say "It doesn't work."

When you go to collage and get a Masters Dagree in a specific Medical field, or bussiness type....that does not mean you don't know how to do anything else. It simply means that you went to school and got a Masterd Dagree in a specific field of study - probubly because you hope to one day work in that field and make a profession out of it. You can still do plumbing, you can still take your dog out for a walk, you can still flip burgers at Mac Donalds, you can still raise children and do everything else that is required and if you can't....you can learn it.

The Fictional Professions of Consular, Guardian or Sentinel are no different.

Jedi who aspire to one profession are not brain dead to all the other aspects....In fact, they are quite capable of filling any role required of them because as Initiates and Apprentices they learned a little of everything. A Knight Still knew how to heal, just as a Healer could weild a saber as good as any knight. Even the Librarian wielded a lightsaber like a boss.

The professions were meerly an indication of one Jedi's greater interest and talent. Jedi Cilghal for example was a Jedi Mon Calimari. She was one of Luke Skywalkers Apprentices and faught alongside him and her fellow Jedi. But during her Journey she discovered that she loved and aspired greatly in the arts of healing. So, she became a Jedi Healer. She could still do what every other Jedi could and had a fierce protective nature when she was pushed to display more than just healing. She just chose to serve the Order as a healer.

So. With all of that in mind and sticking close to the fiction representations of these professions

I believe I would serve best as a Jedi Historian :) (A branch of Consular)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #216023 by
If the fictional Jedi classes were real in today's world and I were to choose a branch. I feel that I would lean towards Consular. Most of my work deals with helping others and using my mind. Never been one of confrontation and violence so Consular would be my role. However I do crave the idea of being a guardian and kicking butt :)

Jlondo, Novice of the Jedi Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #216026 by

Kitsu Tails wrote: The biggest problem I see with most people taking a portion fiction to realism is that they do not consider the Whole history and ideals of the fiction. They just take a part of it and say "It doesn't work."

I found this statement very different to the remainder of the explanation, which is very well reasoned. I'm very curious if this could mean anything else.

I also prefer green, and paired to a shoto, both with pistol grip for the purposes of using forms 1, 3, 5.1, and 6.

I have a penchant as a diplomat.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #216027 by

Jlondo wrote: If the fictional Jedi classes were real in today's world and I were to choose a branch. I feel that I would lean towards Consular. Most of my work deals with helping others and using my mind. Never been one of confrontation and violence so Consular would be my role. However I do crave the idea of being a guardian and kicking butt :)

Jlondo, Novice of the Jedi Order

what type of light sabre would you choose, or any tool for that matter?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi