Consular, Guardian or Sentinel?

More
8 years 4 months ago #210001 by Yugen
Wich of the fictional classes of jedi do you prefer?
If i haven't nemtioned them in the title please add them below :)
I belive i would probably be a sentinel

TOTJO Novice

Yugen (幽玄): is said to mean “a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe… and the sad beauty of human suffering”

IP Journal

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #210018 by Edan
Lots of people like the idea of Sentinel I think... but now I've changed a bit over the last couple of years so if we were the fictional Jedi I'd probably be a consular..

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #210025 by
Replied by on topic Consular, Guardian or Sentinel?

Bareus wrote: Wich of the fictional classes of jedi do you prefer?
If i haven't nemtioned them in the title please add them below :)
I belive i would probably be a sentinel

Technically I really don't know much about them, so I can't say.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #210029 by
I am a mystic. I do not think I fit into any of the Jedi types from the fiction.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #210030 by
After doing research on it, I suppose if I had to pigeonhole myself into an rpg archetype it would be consular merely by default; honestly I find such "character-class" thinking is far too simplistic to fit my real-world spirituality into.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #210050 by
I am most definitely a Consular.

More
8 years 4 months ago #210053 by Adder
Only the Council can tell you that :ohmy: :lol:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #210055 by
I'm a fan of the consular, and to delve just slightly deeper, the Shadow subdivision. Basically, people who observe and only interfere indirectly if necessary, only directly intervening in the event of an emergency. I prefer to let things play out, as I believe the best lessons are self taught.

More
8 years 4 months ago #210056 by OB1Shinobi
im just going to make something up and if anyone can get anything out of it thats great, if not, well im pursuing a degree but it isnt to be an author lol

i see a consulate as being a diplomat - which i think is in accord with the game

but as INSTRUMENTS OF PEACE i would encourage all jedi to consider themselves as diplomats in our social spheres

what is diplomacy but the ability to find the balance point between opposing or conflicting views and interests?

diplomats negotiate peace between vying factions - ive learned personally that i do well to consider myself a diplomat FOR myself, whose responsibility it is to negotiate healthy and generally peaceful relations between me and the rest of the world

a guardian im guessing would irl be something like a police officer or soldier - basically someone who takes responsibility for gaurding the just, the innocent, and the weak, from the abuses of the violent and the vicious

this would also extend to those who train for violence and who train others for it

i dont see this as a role every jedi should aspire to

it is a very important in society, and the institutions which fill it definitely "need" jedi influence, arguably more than most others, and if this is something you feel suited for then follow your calling, you are needed

but, here in the west we have this idea, socially, that heroes have to be violent and good at violence, and this idea is wrong, flat out, and it has lead many good people into bad situations

you dont have to be violent to be empowered or to be a leader or a hero or a jedi, you have to be COMMITED

and willing to WORK

my encouragement would be to follow what you know you are good at, or what you would be most effective at, without regard to if it is "good" enough

sentinel is where i guess i diverge totally from the fiction and just invent my own class

to me sentinal evokes the idea of someone who observes and learns and researches the movements and activities of the world. a sentinel is a kind of unbiased journalist whose mission is to BE INFORMED and when necessary to inform others

basically its a sentinals job to know whats going on and notice whats brewing

i consider myself most closely aligned with the sentinel class, though i also work to develop the skills of the gaurdian and the diplomat

People are complicated.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 4 months ago #210057 by RyuJin
i don't really fit into one specific archetype....i'm fluid enough to go from one to another as needed...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi