Consular, Guardian or Sentinel?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #210067 by
Replied by on topic Consular, Guardian or Sentinel?
I'm a Consular (Sage) on the SWTOR game (When I bother to play for the story).

I'm definitely more of a mystical/peace orientated person, than a gladiator/guardian type.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #210068 by Adder
Yea I think a hybrid of Sage, Healer and Seer would be what might be called a Mystic, and I tend to view that as the foundation for expression of it against risk (... like a tetrahedron) which I classify as either Guardian or Sentinel depending in the nature of the application
;)

Yea why cannot Jediism have its own structures based on fiction a little bit :P

This pic would be so apt right now if it were not for the EU's fascination with pyramids instead of tetrahedrons (platonic solid FTW)

Attachment h4d193f5.jpg not found

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Adder.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #210069 by
My desire from day one since reading the Jedi path is to be a Jedi Investigator which is a sub branch of the Sentinel. Have even started a study guide to someday pass the state private investigator exam to become licensed. Always liked the idea of chasing down leads and solving the case.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #210083 by
I'm 99% sure that if I become a Jedi Master my role would be a Consular. Basiclly because my father is a Consular in RL haha

More
8 years 4 months ago #210456 by Yugen
I would see myself actually as kind of a hybrid between sentinel and consular, maybe even lorekeeper.

TOTJO Novice

Yugen (幽玄): is said to mean “a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe… and the sad beauty of human suffering”

IP Journal

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #210472 by
In TOR, I chose Consular-Shadow. I liked the idea of being a peace keeper, but also the idea of being invisible, or a type of spy-Jedi.

In real life, I couldn't choose one, honestly.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #210532 by
I would fall under a Consular and Sentinel hybrid. Being a fusion of a Jedi healer/seer and a Jedi shadow/watchman.

More
8 years 4 months ago #210537 by Yugen

Reiji wrote: I would fall under a Consular and Sentinel hybrid. Being a fusion of a Jedi healer/seer and a Jedi shadow/watchman.

I agree with you

To Find Balance Is To Find Peace

TOTJO Novice

Yugen (幽玄): is said to mean “a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe… and the sad beauty of human suffering”

IP Journal

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #213406 by
I think I would fall mostly under Sentinel, with a dash of Consular in the form of a lorekeeper/seer.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #213413 by
The following copyrighted paragraphs are from a therapeutic activity that I developed when I was a practicing psychotherapist entitled: The Archetype Council. Twenty-four archetypes compose an advisory council in a role play scenario designed to assist the client/patient in decision-making. One of the archetypes is the guardian (protector, warrior).

The guardian’s primary task is to defend, for she or he is neither assassin or mercenary, but rather protector. Warriors are guardians par excellence. The true warrior seeks not the battle to fulfill their destiny, but is vigilant and prepared when the battle inevitably arrives.

This archetype needs to identify what needs protection, for preparedness is the essence of the warrior. The guardian is prepared and ready for defense when conflict comes. This councilor advises readiness. Readiness requires remaining alert without debilitating preoccupation or obsession. It is madness to see enemies everywhere and to live in a constant state of fearful preparedness. The guardian is most vigilant when on duty.

There are a variety of questions that I would pose to my client/patient, for example, in what ways can preparedness be enhanced?

Thought for consideration: the warrior is prepared in the midst of life lived as usual. The presence of other guardians to share the burdens makes the warrior’s life a fellowship. Burden sharing makes the warrior effective, for no one can be expert in all forms of defense, or can be both watcher and worker. Some warriors are solitary figures, but most often, they are part of a larger group. Often they are part of a team, with strong camaraderie, especially if they have experienced battle together. Sometimes they assemble only when called, and a particular threat has been identified.

Knowledge of one’s own weaknesses/vulnerabilities enhances the appreciation of where an attack might be most successful make this councilor's self-honesty a remarkably strong attribute. Weakness and fear are inevitably part of the warrior’s life, and they seek not to ignore them, but to learn to live with them, and overcome them through practice and discipline. When the battle begins they are ready - performing each task automatically as practiced, until the enemy is defeated or they are dead.

Identify weaknesses and devise a plan to minimize them: The tools of the guardian’s trade can have either an everyday purpose, like the walking stick which becomes the pike; or can have a dual purpose, like the bow which can be used for hunting or for battle; or can have a single purpose dedicated to fighting, like the sword. Singleness of purpose makes some tools weapons and nothing else. So it is with the warrior, she or he can remain solitary or can be combined with other councilors.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi