Turing Test success not so much of a success?

More
9 years 10 months ago #149767 by Adder

Khaos wrote: "Man is a bridge, not an end"-Nietzsche

Perhaps, its not a creation, but the next stage of evolution.

At what point would we merge with technology to the point that perhaps, we are AI?

Or in that merging, it is humans growing intimacy that leads to the evolution of AI?

Virtualization of a human to enable AI could be reversed by human's to make themselves AI I suppose. The new work ethic of the virtual real, what consciousness do you best become to earn a living. We'd all be mice on wheels chasing just one fix, probably.
:ohmy: :lol:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #149769 by
this Guy knows i have all his books : )

http://www.iain-banks.net/books/

A FEW NOTES ON THE CULTURE
by Iain M Banks

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #149784 by
Analyze, I just edited your post to add spoiler tags, because it was far too long.

More
9 years 10 months ago #149789 by Wescli Wardest
@ Khaos…

Where those are noble and good examples of the integration of technology and human beings, it is the exception and not the norm. I find it admirable and even noble to pursue such endeavors, but the “average Joe” is not benefiting the same way as these current technologies research would aid those they were intended for.

Years ago, back in the late 80’s, one of my coworker’s son was blind. The doctors tried and experimental chip that would help him see. It was placed on his retina and was supposed to send signals down the optic nerve to the brain allowing him to see in at least black and white. If this would have been successful it could have aided him greatly. But it didn’t. No reason to give up though! He happens to be a DJ and in his youth was a Special Olympics Gold medalist in Archery! Great kid! :D

My point is that these things can help people a lot. They also have the opportunity to improve our lives. But unfortunately, man as a whole, is lazy. If we can get a machine to do it for us we will. And there is nothing wrong with finding ways to increase productivity. But we have to examine the cost, the motivator and the effect it has on a society as a whole.

I’m not trying to convince you of the merit of my argument, but hopefully present a different point of view that will help you relate the intrinsic value of the pat of the equation we are slowly loosing due to our blind acceptance of modern advancement. Ever since the time of the industrial revolution there have been proponents like myself urging people to think about what they do before they do it but unfortunately we tend to be in the minority.

Monastic Order of Knights

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #149794 by

Where those are noble and good examples of the integration of technology and human beings, it is the exception and not the norm

What proof do you have of this?

Actually, the norm is that people tend to see the negative over the positive.

That isnt actual proof of the norm, just peoples perception of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMBJ87ZTuJY

Also, we are loooong way from the 1980s
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #149795 by
I have found, that among Dark,Light, Buddhist, Christian, etc,etc, regardless of path, I seem to have the most positive and optimistic outlook I know

I do not see doom and gloom on the horizon, in the Force, etc. I dont see the end times, I am not dystopian in regards to technology, or the future.

I think that largely counter productive.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #149796 by

Akkarin wrote: Analyze, I just edited your post to add spoiler tags, because it was far too long.

thanks mate i will note it for the next 4 foot long post i find : )

More
9 years 10 months ago #149798 by Wescli Wardest
Doom and gloom…

I see it as sad for those that lose their connection with the human experience; which could be construed as doom and gloom. Sure. But to those that want to lose themselves in a digital reality it is an exciting new adventure.

What I don’t get is why it has to be the guys that want technological advancement and those that don’t? As I have stated many times before, I love technology. I think it’s great. But I also think we abuse it and easily become too reliant on it. I feel that we should have moderation in our lives, in all things. Why would that be the antagonist of technological advancement?

Monastic Order of Knights

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #149801 by
cant stop evolution what ever works best will happen regardless of controls : )

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #149842 by Edan

Analyze wrote: cant stop evolution what ever works best will happen regardless of controls : )

Generally, only a few mutations are actually beneficial. Some are neutral, some are (mildly) negative.\

In case anyone is actually interested:

http://www.nature.com/scitable/topicpage/negative-selection-1136
http://www.frozenevolution.com/iii6-mutations-can-be-differentiated-positive-negative-and-selectively-neutral-basis-their-effect-bi

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Edan.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi