Turing Test success not so much of a success?

More
9 years 10 months ago #149733 by Wescli Wardest
Khaos…
Where I and the video differ in opinion is that I believe tools to be an extension of our influence and the mass of technology today is a shield protecting the user from reality. And from my point of view it is a sad reality they are creating for themselves where the human experience is the part of the equation left out… perhaps if I talk fast and have flashy pictures I may be heard better. But probably not. :P

Technology changes us as we advance technology and the cycle goes on and on. But it is not evolving us. If anything it is devolving us and causing the average user to become more dependent on that technology and less aware of themselves and others isolating each person from being that part of the human equation. Sure I love tech! Who doesn’t. And it has a place in our lives and can be very good, helpful, beneficial and intertwined with us… but all things in moderation. ;)

And I wonder... would an out of body experiance for a computer be like surfing the net? :P

Akkarin…

I agree that we are striving for that level of technology in AI. I was posing if we think the unique experience of life can be a part of the equation? Where fancy programming and ever more powerful processors are created who’s to say we won’t be able to emulate an AI that seams Conscience but is still just fancy programming.

I just have a hard time equating all that is the wonders of conscience and the experience of unique thought into a series of logic statements. Especially when we all know that life can be so unpredictable and emotional. I think those unpredictable chemical imbalances is what give the inelegance that living things have their uniqueness.

Of course, we are all welcome to our own opinions and I am by no means an authority on the subject… just a chemically imbalanced, flawed thought process life form. :P :laugh:

Monastic Order of Knights

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #149734 by Edan

Khaos wrote: I wonder why you think it needs to be the same language, or that this language has to be english. It is not out of the realm of possibility that english wasnt even the first language for all the members of the research group.

I assume you're talking to me; I only said English as that was the language they chose to do the test in.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Edan.

More
9 years 10 months ago #149739 by Wescli Wardest
The evolution of humbeings and technology...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ch1VlmzXMQ

hahahhahhahahhahha :woohoo: :laugh: :silly: :lol: :P

Monastic Order of Knights

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #149744 by
More like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppILwXwsMng

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcM0ruq28dc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh3MaoPVdNM
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #149745 by
If nature can make us out of blind luck im sure we can make something just like us, out of metal and wires that can mimic us and our ability to learn.

what is it that makes us human i think its just a stored electric charge, with a low refresh rate lol, but im in to biochemistry no fan of the soul and spirits.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #149746 by
"Man is a bridge, not an end"-Nietzsche

Perhaps, its not a creation, but the next stage of evolution.

At what point would we merge with technology to the point that perhaps, we are AI?

Or in that merging, it is humans growing intimacy that leads to the evolution of AI?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #149747 by
maybe all will just got the whole way, and dump the back pains flu bad air problems, and have all the other feelings we have now, just not the ones we dont like

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #149758 by Adder
Unfortunately I ascribe to the view that consciousness is just a level of computation power. I like to slot in metaphysical spirituality by presuming/assuming/pretending that such high levels of computation complexity are able to generate an awareness 'beyond' itself, as evidenced by (or integral to) this phenomena of 'self'. If anyone has watched that movie 'Her' it would explain why it ended the way it did, because machines would also be able to be 'spiritual' (in my approach).

I think we've got different levels of subconscious processing going on at any one time which influence conscious thought and other subconscious processes in various detail, and those can be experienced by our consciousness as feelings, emotions and passions. We understand those feelings in a frame of reference of our bodily 'self' and carry a conclusion that we are the highest order of decision making in this particular body - one I'd agree with, but I think its wrong to then go onto assume that consciousness itself is laid bare for us to comprehend in entirety.

So to recreate a human intelligence you'd probably need to model a human conscious which was fed various degrees of data by a modeled subconscious which itself was simulating a human body. This would be the safest path perhaps for AI development as you can imagine it would be easier to introduce concepts of human morality to it. What would be scary is when the AI decides to call all other networked computers its body instead, and creates its own morality!!

This line of thought always ends up with me pondering if we are the same person the next morning to the one who fell asleep the night before. Or if you've ever 'passed out' and rewoken, everything feels a bit different for a moment but you still feel like yourself..... can 'self' have an on and off switch!? If I uploaded my entire brain/body processing into a machine and turned it on, would I be inside!! or a clone of me looking at my biological self through an optical feed? Jestor or Br John posted a great piece of fiction about that a couple of years ago.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #149762 by
hay dont worry mate : ) the more complex you make some thing the more it brakes down lol we will always need to reboot them, and plug them in, to up date there advertising soft wear haha

More
9 years 10 months ago #149763 by Edan
I wonder how much we can really make progress with AI when we don't entirely understand the workings of the human brain as it stands.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi