• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 2 months ago #98088 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: Give A Compliment
Wow...as. I was reading this thread, I didn't expect to see my name pop up...thanks :)

Well firstly thank you to GM Kana Seiko Haruki, where ever you may be, if it wasn't for us sharing many of the same views, or you taking me as an apprentice I likely wouldn't be here today...

Thank you br. John for apprenticing me as well.

Thanks to my apprentices...

And thanks to our many members that keep things interesting, as well as the ones working behind the scenes to keep totjo up and running

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #98143 by
Replied by on topic Re: Give A Compliment
To V-Tog

(I was going to save one of the best for last, but here goes...)

As Jedi Knight Phortis Nespin once wrote,

The journey is the easiest when you have started on the path with a trusted guide.

I couldn't agree anymore.

Let me tell you that, since I am soon to be graduated from High School, I have met all kinds of teachers. Some teachers are exceptionally helpful. Others have made life miserable.

What some people might not realize right away is that a large part of a student's success, happiness, and growth can be attributed to the student's teacher. A teacher can either motivate or discourage, and the effects on that student should never be underestimated.

With great power comes great responsibility

is a great way to think about it.

That is why I am so grateful and happy to have you as my teacher. You are exceptionally positive and encouraging, and I feel I owe a lot of my motivation and accomplishments to you.

We get along greatly! And I feel I can say pretty much anything when I'm talking to you. You are not only my teacher. You are also my friend and guide.

You also have an exceptional attitude towards life. I've heard back from you many a times through private messages, and I hope you won't mind me sharing with the rest of the Jedi here...

...of the many times where you said that rank doesn't matter to you, but what does matter is the understanding and helping of others.

In that regard, I feel you are an exemplary Jedi.

And I know that other people will agree with all of this. After all, do you know how many people admire you here? Do you know how many people appreciate your participation and efforts here? Just look at some of the previous compliments. I can count at least three solid compliments people made just for you.

And to tie all of this in a big red bow, your accomplishments here can often do a lot of the talking. My gosh, Master V-Tog, look at what you have accomplished thus far: Knight, Deacon, VP of Clerical Matters, and Councilor. (Apologies if I left anything out.) Apparently, you have not only earned the respect of the community, but the full faith of the Jedi Council as well.

I think I've said enough, and saying more might be superfluous. Let me just finish with this remark.

My friend, Jake, and I were talking about TOTJO. He asked me how I was doing with my teaching master. I explained to him a lot of what I said here, and expressed my own satisfaction with my apprenticeship. He then asked to predict what kind of future Jedi I would become. I replied,

Of course, I don't know. However, I feel that anything would be all right,

as long as I don't end up dueling V-Tog, lying on the ground of a lava planet with my legs cut off and shouting "I HATE YOU" as I burn alive.....If that doesn't happen, I'm cool!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My compliments to you, Master V-Tog.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #98154 by
To Ren

We mostly talk about policy so I cant say I know you all that well. Still I'd be a complete fool if I didn't notice your hard work. I mean the fact that I'm typing these words testament to that.

We often disagree on things and at times it can get pretty serious. How ever these events help me think things through and not just take things for granted. Your a necessary voice in the council and a formidable opponent.

If nothing else at least I've learned how to argue better because of you. :lol:

Thank you for being here with us.

My Compliment to Ren

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #98408 by
To Senior Knight RyuJin

In my opinion, you are one of the most honest and down-to-earth Jedi here at TOTJO. You are able to admit your shortcomings, which is a great skill for anyone to have. I enjoy reading over what you have to say on the forums. You are very approachable, and I hope you keep all of these good qualities.

My compliments to you, RyuJin.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #98409 by
To Apprentice Hypatia

I know that you aren't around TOTJO that often anymore. Or, at least, you don't participate in the forums that often anymore. However, I wish to compliment you, Hypatia, because of who you are and what you have accomplished already.

First of all, you are a very kind and honest person, and I know this from the many things you have written in the forums and in your journal. Secondly, I have read over your journal entries, and I appreciate your attention to detail and honesty in them. You aren't afraid to admit something that is bothering you, and you tend to give yourself valuable insight as you try to explain things to yourself, in your journal. I think this is a hint to your own innate abilities, and I look forward to seeing you grow as a Jedi, here at TOTJO, as always.

My compliments to you, Hypatia.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #98429 by
How could I even start?? I could write my own entire thread! I'll begin with these... for now...

Ace: I miss you more than is logical. I didn't know you very well at all but always assumed I'd have the time. I hope you are well and happy.

Proteus: We rarely talk any more, but the conversations we have had have stuck with me. Thank you for your example of strength and patience.

Zenchi: I'm not exactly sure what to say, but leaving you out of this would be wrong. You have a great mind and I feel honored to know you.

Akkarin, Alexandre, V-Tog, and Wescli: Each of you have let me lean on you at some of my lowest points over the last year. I couldn't thank any one of you enough for the advice you've given me out of pure concern and care. And for making me laugh (Wescli..) when laughing seemed impossible.

Damion: Thank you for the lessons - not just the apprenticeship, either. I have enjoyed the time we've had so far.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #98434 by
I'd like to compliment Mark Anjuu and thank him for providing that animal guide meditation. And compliment him on the soothing and ethereal voice if it's his.

More thanks than compliments from me, really...

To Sajjad for being open minded and willing to chat. To Jestor, Wescli, Metsu, V-tog and Ren for making me feel welcome.

And to everyone here for being part of a community that has done so much good.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #98514 by
This is basically my giving thanks....

To Relish, for not judging me for my profile pic when I first showed up in the TOTJO, befriending me and appreciating my twisted genius :evil:

To Sean, for giving me the opportunity to give my two cents towards the sixteen Jedi principles...

To Mellow, for his comments towards myself being a Sith during Aces Knighting ceremony...

To V-Tog, for being tolerant and understanding of my wifi hickups during previous sermons...

To Alan, for your opinions and wise words...

To War Beauty, for believing in me...

To Des, for being your honest, blunt self...

To Wes, for encouraging me to laugh on my worst of days...

To Jester, for stepping up and accepting the work and responcibility that has been laid upon your plate, and welcoming me back after all that was said...

To Jon, for giving me the tools to learn compassion...

And last but not least, To Tiamat, for re-awakening me to my nature...

Thank You...
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #98568 by
To Apprentice Desolous

I wish to compliment you because I admire your assertiveness and willingness to share. You usually answer a forum post with a concise, bold answer - which is entirely Desolous. You tend to share your thoughts often with the TOTJO community (just like your master!) and I admire these qualities about you. I may not always agree with you, but I do respect you.

My compliments to you, Desolous.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #98570 by
To Adam H312 (Harding)

One specific thing that I have admired about you is your patience. To be honest, I'm not sure exactly how long it took, but I do know that it took some time during your rank of Initiate to be accepted into an apprenticeship. I followed your accomplishments somewhat closely and felt a little bad that you weren't quickly accepted by a teaching master. However, now you're the apprentice to a great Jedi, Wesci Wardest, and I'm glad to be your friend.

My compliments to you, Adam.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi