Give A Compliment

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #97743 by
Give A Compliment was created by
Do you have something nice to say about anyone here at the Temple? Have you developed any notable respect for any of the Jedi here? If so, why keep it to yourself? A compliment is a gift and, like all gifts, is meant to be given.

If you would like to compliment anyone here at the Temple, please do so here. Any compliment you give to someone will most likely brighten up their day! Just be sure that your compliments are sincere and clean.

Likewise, if you're a receiver of compliments, be glad of it! Be grateful and proud that there's someone out there who looks up to you. There's no need to denounce or distance yourself from a compliment posted here for you.

On a side note, I personally have wanted to compliment many people here for quite a while. I realized that I wanted to create this kind of forum post because I wanted to send my compliments out rather than keep them to myself. I have so many people to compliment, in fact, that I'll probably only do one or a few compliments a day. I'll try to add more compliments daily. Please feel free to do the same!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #97746 by
Replied by on topic Re: Give A Compliment
To Jestor

You might be surprised that you're one of the first people here that I would like to compliment. However, I want to let you know that the reason why I wanted to compliment you first is because I feel a lot of my story, here at TOTJO, began with you.

You were the first person I private messaged when I started the Jedi Initiate's Programme and became a Novice. You were also the person who I private messaged when I finished the Programme and was moving onto Initiate. And, of course, you were the Councilor who announced my Apprenticeship with V-Tog on our forums.

Jestor, I personally see you as the responsibility of the Order. You're always on top of things, and you're a dependable leader here who just knows how to get things done. If I have a serious question or concern, you have been one of the people here I have and will talk to. I feel you are an excellent leader here, and I want you to know that.

My compliments to you, Jestor.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #97747 by
To Metsu Desal

You're awesome! When I first met you here at TOTJO, I quickly became your friend, and somehow I knew that our paths would be linked. We studied the Jedi Initate's Programme at around the same time, although I believe you beat me to the apprenticeship. You usually have useful ideas to share on the forums, and I usually appreciate what you have to say when you choose to put your cents into a discussion. Nowadays, we're back together again in our apprenticeships with Master V-Tog. More importantly, however, you are like a brother to me, and I'm sure you feel the same way.

My compliments to you, Metsu.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #97749 by
Whyte Horse,

I think you are a unique and beautiful snowflake too.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #97750 by
Jestor,

You are alright in my book.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #97751 by
To the community as a whole,

I think this is the best Jedi forum I've found so thanks for making it not suck!

:)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #97753 by
I'm gonna do many of these at once:

SeanChing- You, my man, have some great ideas. You're very outgoing on the forums, which is a good thing. This post, for example, is fantastic. People should be able to show their appreciation. Thanks for that.

Master Jestor- Thank you for all you do here. Like Sean said above, you were the first person I talked to on my first visit to the Temple, and also the person who I PMed upon completion of the Initiate's Programme. You really do a lot here, and whether people say so or not, it's appreciated.

Ren- You're one hell of a tech master. Any time I (and I assume anyone else) have any problems with the site or anything internet related, you solve them almost immediately. It means a lot to us all.

V-Tog- You were one of the first Jedi I considered a friend. You're very kind, and I thank you for that. We were Novices, Initiates, and Apprentices at the same time, though, you've obviously surpassed me at this point. :) You're very worthy of being a Knight, and I think you've definitely found your groove here.

Grandmaster Mark Anjuu- You've been a great master to me, and there's much I've learned from you. As I've told you before, you were one of the first to inspire me on my path, and I really look up to you. Thank you for everything you've done for me.

And to the rest of the Jedi here at TotJO: you're all fantastic people and I love each of you. Without this Temple, I'd have walked down a much darker path, and I have you all to thank for saving me.

I feel like what I've said can't fully show my appreciation to these great people (both those mentioned and not) and all they do. May the Force be with you all. :)

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
11 years 2 months ago #97756 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Re: Give A Compliment
Im not sure I know anyone well enough to compliment them but I would like to say thank you to everyone who has made the effort to chat to me, patiently answer my 50 million questions, tell me about their interests and offer insight and advice.
But mostly for making me feel like I'm a part of the group.

Thank you everyone.

Bren x

Ps, and for making me laugh!

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #97758 by
Sean, I would like to thank you for always coming up with fun discussions and with helping answer my questions when I first joined.

V-Tog, you were also a really big help to me. I never would have found those video lessons on my own. Thank you.

Jestor, you're too funny (though I think you know that) and a lot of your posts make me laugh.

WhyteHorse, I love that you're a bee keeper. I think that's just the coolest.

Ren, you're posts help me reevaluate how I respond when I'm angry. Thank you.

Phortis, thank you for taking me as an apprentice. I'm really enjoying learning what you have to teach. :) And I like that you're brave enough to do those video things.

Pretty much everyone here is awesome and helpful in their own way. I'm sure this thread will be used a lot. I know I have a lot more people to compliment or thank.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #97782 by
To MCSH

I remember you as the "middle east guy". First off, I think you're amazing. Your commitment and efforts here at the Temple has shown time and time again. I think that the fact that you're a Jedi-In-Training in the Middle East is very cool, and I enjoyed chatting with you to learn more about your culture. By the way, your English is very good for an ay-rab :P

But in all seriousness, it's your effort, openness, and friendliness that has earned my respect. I think you're awesome.

My compliments to you, MCSH.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi