• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #97784 by
Replied by on topic Re: Give A Compliment
To ren,

Oh god, where to start...

ren, I think of you as the misunderstandable assertiveness of the order. When you say something, it might be harsh or controversial, but it usually has much truth. You almost never need to take back what you say, because what you say is right most of the time. I remember many instances where I read over some of the things you wrote here on the Temple's forums, and I didn't always agree with it. Later on, I'd look it over again and come to an understanding.

In addition, I didn't agree with your...."retaliation" to the Sith Academy website (a few months ago) at first. However, as I read more of the comments from others, I began to come to terms with what you did and viewed it as a defense of the Temple rather than an offense.

I also found it shocking and odd when I first realized that you were never a Jedi Master, despite your place on the Jedi Council. However, after learning more about you, I realized that you really are a valuable asset to the Temple. You're great at tech and keep this website both spiffy and safe. For example, mentioning the Sith problem again, I remember how the Sith troublemakers were threatening to attack the Temple and you - either through legal or aggressive means. You then stated the laws and warned them against such action lest they would want much more severe retaliation. They left, the Temple was safe, and I felt this had a lot to do with you and your excellent assertiveness.

You just seem to have many of the leadership qualities that makes you more than fit for the role of Jedi Councilor.

Ren, you are a valuable techy, leader, and "aggressive negotiator" (pardon my prequel connection :P ), and I think I, and many others here, appreciate you.

My compliments to you, Ren.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #97785 by
Jestor: you are wise and thougtful and fun-lovingly energetic, you combine philosophy with happiness and are always happy to share that with others, especially people as arrogant as me, so I thank you for being the great friendly councillor.
Ryujin: we come from a similar background it seems and have a sort of similar look at life, so I appreciate it when somebody with my thinking style but with more experience in life can give advice, like in my "peaceful means and the lightsabre" topic, I thank you for sharing your thoughts, they are appreciated.
Rugadd: I like your posts, you are patient but not slow to give an answer, you don't seem to worry if what you say is "original" you keep to simplicity, and that makes what you say, all the more meaningful.
Memis: possibly my first friend here, you have such a happy attitude and I feel you are neither too optimistic or too pessimistic, but realistically optimistic. You also have a sense of understanding, be it emotion or intellect that seems to fit right in here.

I could go on about who to compliment, but let me just say this community is brilliant, a statement to guide humanity in the force and I love being here.

thanks

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #97818 by
To Wescli Wardest

You are legendary in my opinion! :laugh: I believe that you were the very first Jedi I saw knighted (and in a real-life ceremony, might I add!) You have a very friendly and playful attitude, which I admire a lot. You usually actively participate, here at TOTJO, and I've heard that you've become quite an accomplished teacher. I trust you a lot. Plus, you're one of the (many) people who come to my mind when people talk about Jediism, or the Temple, or Jedi in general. Keep up the great work, Wescli!

My compliments to you, Wescli Wardest.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #97819 by
To Wendaline

(Did you think I would forget to compliment you? I hope not.)
Wendaline, I admire your incredible friendliness and genuineness. You and I think a like, in my opinion. Well, that's how great minds work, right? :laugh: When you first introduced yourself, and first came to the Temple, I honestly didn't think much of you. I treated you with the same, basic respect as any one else here, and helped you get some of the Initiate's Programme materials. No biggy.

However, as you voiced your opinions more, throughout the forums and around the Temple, I began to learn about many of your excellent qualities - your friendliness and genuineness, as mentioned before, as well as your patience, openness, and valuable insights.

You taught me to not take any newcomer for granted. Had I decided not to help you or get to know you, I wouldn't have known you.

Personally, if I was a Jedi Knight recently, qualified to teach, I'd honestly offer an apprenticeship to you. I think I get along really well with you, and I hope to see you grow as my equal and friend.

My compliments to you, Wendaline!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #97845 by
There is no way to thank everyone here with enough mushiness to convey my gratitude.

To the members who had the insight to create this site and share it with the world…My Gratitude!

To the Masters who share their vast knowledge of the Force, and who show us how to reach deep within to find it for ourselves…My Gratitude!

To the members who challenge our beliefs, reinforce our knowledge, who support our individuality, who praise us when we are down and beat us down when we have gotten too big…My Gratitude!

To the members who turn mountains into mole hills….My Gratitude!

To my Master for giving my eyes a bigger picture to look at...My Gratitude!

To my Apprentice for allowing me to continue the work of my Masters...My Gratitude!

To The Force…for bringing me here…My Gratitude!

Sean...My Gratitude for this thread!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #97983 by
To Senior Knight Akkarin

I mean no offense when I say that I think of you as "the ultra-British Jedi". :) Akkarin, I wish to compliment you because of your commitment and dedicated efforts to this Temple over time.

I'm not going to lie to you and say that I know how long you've been here. However, I do understand that you're one of the longest standing Jedi here, and your position as Senior Knight is, in my opinion, proof of your hard work and commitment.

I feel that you are mature and experienced, and you present yourself in that manner - in chat, in the forums, and through sermons. If the council were to offer you a higher leadership position, I feel you could become even more of an excellent leader here.

In addition, I thank you for making many sermon recordings and posting them to YouTube. I have watched a few, which is how I learned of your (very) British accent :laugh:

My compliments to you, Senior Knight Akkarin. B)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #97987 by
To Master Daniel Luckie

I wish to compliment you because of your open helpfulness and responsibleness. First of all, I think it's great that, before you enter chat, you post in the shoutbox something on the lines of, "I'll be in chat if anyone needs help." You fully understand the responsibility of being a Jedi Master - and offering help to others, which is fantastic.

In addition, you are helpful to a lot of the students here, I'm sure. For example, after I contacted Master Jestor and told him that I completed the Initiate's Programme, I believe you were the one to contact me and tell me you'd be double checking my journal as well.

You are helpful, yet modest and quiet. Just because you are in a higher position and do a lot for others doesn't mean that you demand things from others. Keep up the great work!

My compliments to you, Master Daniel L.

More
11 years 2 months ago #98068 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re: Give A Compliment
Can I make a suggestion?

I imagine it's possible that some people might rather submit anonymous compliments. I'm sure that Sean wouldn't mind me suggesting that if anyone is thinking that they'd rather be anonymous, you could always drop Sean (or someone else, but it feels like Sean's thread :) ) a PM with your compliment(s) and ask him to post anonymously on your behalf.

B.Div | OCP
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #98076 by

V-Tog wrote: Can I make a suggestion?

I imagine it's possible that some people might rather submit anonymous compliments. I'm sure that Sean wouldn't mind me suggesting that if anyone is thinking that they'd rather be anonymous, you could always drop Sean (or someone else, but it feels like Sean's thread :) ) a PM with your compliment(s) and ask him to post anonymously on your behalf.

I support that suggestion. If someone wants to give a compliment anonymously, they can private message me, and I will just copy and paste their compliment, of course without the author's name.
Just be sure to name who you are complimenting! (That is highly important...)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98077 by
To Streen, you're my brother and really badass, with an objective Zen-like clarity in even the most personal affairs.

To Akkarin, you're probably one of the smartest people here and the only one who I haven't seen visibly pissed off.

To Jestor, of everyone here, you (along with Akkarin) are the most respectful and open toward opposing views.

To V-Tog, I dislike a lot of your politics, but I admire how you've progressed here so fast, and in the end politics are stupid. Also, you look really hot in that sombrero.

I'm a recovering alcoholic (clean for a few days). Hope you all are well.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi