don't the let sith invade us

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #71528 by
Replied by on topic Re: don't the let sith invade us
I think that by doing a little research and talking to actual Sith (those who are serious about it, not the roll players) you will find that the Sith of reality are much different than the Sith of fiction. Much like how most people look at us and stereotype us, Jedi new to Jediism do the same to the Sith. I don't know if they're still around, but we've had Sith as members here on the site before. They are not who you think they are.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #71664 by
My brother is a great bloke who classes himself as more Sith than Jedi, in the same way I class myself more Jedi than Sith.
I can't say all my choices and reactions stick firmly to the Jedi code because rules will have to be broken when a situation requires it to be. Me and my brother react differently in situations, which in a way defines our 'side'.

I'm now going to work on my telekinetic abilities so I can win that $1,000,000. :P

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #71681 by
Too late, I'm here. I'm not here to invade or anything insidious like that. I'm merely here to learn from a large part of the community. The Pagan Studies section here is brilliant for my own studies and the discussion here I take part in allows me to experience more points of view.

But facetiousness aside, how better for you to truly learn about us if not by exposure? How better to learn about yourself if not by helping know what it is you are not? By defining the darkness you can better understand the light.

But there's two lessons for you here, Patrick. Fanaticism and intolerance is an evil path, not a dark path. No matter the cost, you must understand what you're doing and why you're doing it. Upholding the mere principle of opposing the Sith without thinking will cost you. Also, it's not my place to request but try to format your writing into paragraphs. It makes what you write a lot easier to read, and correct grammar will cause people to take you a great deal more seriously than if you cannot properly word your arguments.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #71684 by
William,

I agree with you, but in Patrick's defense, I believe his native language is french. When reading his posts, it seems he may be using an online translator to type his posts. Proper english grammar may be a little challenging for him.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 8 months ago #71685 by Jestor

But there's two lessons for you here, Patrick. Fanaticism and intolerance is an evil path, not a dark path. No matter the cost, you must understand what you're doing and why you're doing it. Upholding the mere principle of opposing the Sith without thinking will cost you

You cant assume he hasnt thought it through... Nor that he is expressing fanaticism or intolerance...

We all form opinions, and our personal "facts" from the information we are provided...

He is expressing an opinion that may not be as well informed as some, but if he is not aware of this, how is he to know?

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: PatrickB

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 8 months ago #71686 by ren

I think that by doing a little research and talking to actual Sith (those who are serious about it, not the roll players) you will find that the Sith of reality are much different than the Sith of fiction.

The real Sith work for your country's central bank, live in the bahamas on a yacht and wear D&G cloaks :P

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PatrickB, Lykeios Little Raven

More
11 years 8 months ago #71687 by PatrickB
I hi williamkeade I am composing in English all right and i am not arguing with anybody and it's true my education is french speaking and i practice two languages how smart is that.Let me tell you that most of Jedi are positive person and not attacker and we only defend and arrest people who threaten people .Make them speak for justice and make them admit the plan of there wars .The way it is for jedi point of you because i studying real jediism my long time dream.

When a sith actually want some attention he brag about that he is a demon or any kind kind of a destructive behaviour.And by the i am making progress every day of my second language English witch a love dearly.

I you have other remark write to me.

Where there is knowledge there is more competence

The one that posses with a devices is responsible for others . Being at large is brought too my attention . An armor is the key to unarm devices .

More
11 years 8 months ago #71688 by Alexandre Orion

ren wrote: The real Sith work for your country's central bank, live in the bahamas on a yacht and wear D&G cloaks :P

And they surround themselves with luxurious trappings in order to compensate for their tiny reddish lightsabres ... ;)

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: PatrickB

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #71692 by

Seeker Lladnar wrote: William,

I agree with you, but in Patrick's defense, I believe his native language is french. When reading his posts, it seems he may be using an online translator to type his posts. Proper english grammar may be a little challenging for him.

English is regarded as the hardest language in the world to learn isn't it?

Mayhaps I was too hasty, but allow me to re-word what I said. Patrick, every three to five lines of text, add in a space between them. It makes your writing far easier to read and allows you to sort your subject matter into small paragraphs. We have a few Italian speakers at the Force Academy who are learning English as well. If I knew any French I would offer assistance, but my language studies are not doing so well. I'm still torn between Italian, Japanese and Maori.

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't met a Dark Sider who had used a demon or some such for their forum avatar. I myself am using a wizard from a power metal album. But we also have a Grey Jedi at the Academy named for the Angel of Death. Names are a curious thing and I love discussing them.

More
11 years 8 months ago #71707 by PatrickB
Actually learning in the light side of the force is never torn .In the light side of the we progress and English but in the light side or the force it is arduous it not like a rock life.

In fact more your nice more you are

The one that posses with a devices is responsible for others . Being at large is brought too my attention . An armor is the key to unarm devices .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi