11 years 8 months ago #70083 by Ben
Everyone...just STOP. Please? :)

B.Div | OCP

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #70084 by
Oh, quite some time ago. Had I known you would want details, I would have made a record of it.

More
11 years 8 months ago #70085 by Alexandre Orion
At first, I avoided this ...

It doesn't matter when it started, nor does it matter if it ends or not.

A true 'master' does not claim to be a master. A true master does not 'explain' or 'convince' of their mastery. The mastery of the master is evident in behaviour, in discretion, in subtlety ...

Mastery is effective utility and service, not celebrated successes, titles nor glory.

Furthermore, a master is righteous, not self-righteous.

Caligula made his horse a senator. Given graciously all the pomp and splendour, all the recognition that one gives a senator, the horse, 'tis sure, gave apt counsel to the assembly ...

A/O

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #70089 by
Is there nowhere a person can go without being subject to this stupidity?

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
11 years 8 months ago #70094 by Jon
I find this amusing especially the growing number of recent postings about whether this or that person is a true Jedi or master or not. It beginning to sound like the witch hunts of old where the witch hammer and its authors decided who was a witch or not, or like one of those modern day job profiles posted in the press. I mean we are on line here, with the exception of the odd meeting, no one really knows the other except from what the speaker decides to reveal. So how on earth can anyone here tell really who is really a true Jedi or master here. How can the truth of what a Master is be defined in words formulated in our brains, if only really through personal experience. And would we really learn very much from a master if s/he behaved or taught in the way we expected him or her to?

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 8 months ago #70108 by RyuJin
Mastery and wisdom come in many guises...yet vanish easily once emotions run rampant...

As has been pointed out before one order or another does not have a monopoly on mastery...nor can one order or another set a universal definition of what is or isn't a master....we each have our own ideals, and sometimes they just happen to match with others...

Things have been said and done that many may or may not agree with, but that's the beauty of the past...it's past...gone and over with...behind us in time....so it should be easy to simply keep moving forward instead of stumbling backwards and causing others to tumble over...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #70114 by
Is it not possible for one of the Admin to close this topic? If it is, then I ask that you do.

The original post was made, it has been read and accepted. All that is happening now is arguing and occasional intelligent conversation.

I ask you close this to save further agruement and distress, I feel this whole situation is having a negative effect on the Order.

As for the occasional intelligent conversation, I'm sure if those involved wish to continue then they shall do so in a new topic.

Respectfully, Shao Kyras.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #70116 by
I have already asked for the subject to be dropped and have issued a forum-wide notice of behaviour here: http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/114-Council/70109-Notice-of-behaviour#70109

I will enforce it if necessary.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi