Announcement From Charles McBride

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #69967 by
As it concerns the matter of Samantha J spreading rumors. I have talked to her in private about this, an action I should have done when the crap was being flung around half the community and making its way back to all and sundry, I full believe that any part she played was a small one. I believe her post was in bad timing. However upon full reflection I do not believe she would lie to me as she has never lied to me in the past. Further upon full reflection I acted harshly to crush what I thought was a rumor she had started. I went to the council of The Temple of the Jedi Order too quickly in my efforts to put an end to what seemed to me to be a truth. Has Sammy talked with people? Yes she has as we all do, it's called communication. Has she been spreading rumors wantonly in an effort to disrupt or destroy the community or persons in it? No she has not. Her only mistake in that part of this was over-zealousness in her own defense and poor timing concerning her post about relationships.

Further as it concerns the matter of her battling it out with Michael Hannigan her mistake was in engaging in that battle. She has since taken my advice and while the engagement surely tarnished her slightly as all such battles do tarnish us all she has made amends by simply doing the only thing that can be done and removing herself from the direct conflict. I have full faith in her and have taken her on as an apprentice without the approval of any council or groups because I have faith in the woman she is and the woman she will grow to be as a Jedi.

That is all.
Jedi Charles McBride

This message has no approval from the Totjo Council. This is my action to undo some of the harm I've done.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #69969 by
I am grateful to now call my Instructor and Master. Where you lead, I shall follow..

More
11 years 8 months ago #69970 by Ben
We were all asked by the council to leave this issue alone.

B.Div | OCP

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 8 months ago #69971 by Jestor
Its ok, he is correcting on a previous statement....

No debate, look at it as a chance to congratulate them on their apprentice declaration....

But, as stated, it it not a TOTJO apprenticeship....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #69974 by
I must a admit I am confused. I thought that this matter was dead and buried and further belaboring if this point was verboten. Further, I thought the taking of an apprentice, even without the approval of the council, was generally frowned upon, as it implies mastery where none may be recognized, and if allowed, will encourage others to do the same at their own behest and thereby infringe on the generally accepted rank structure here.

If I'm incorrct in these assumptions, please advise.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #69975 by
Desolous, I don't think the apprenticeship is a tojo apprenticeship - probably from another Jedi site.

Looks like I've missed a lot lately.
Lucky me.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
11 years 8 months ago #69976 by Jestor
Neither Charles, nor Sammy are members of this Temple....

So, this is like a Community announcement...

Now, lets let this subject(s) rest...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #69977 by
That still seems illogical. As I understand this, I can go to another site, declare myself a master and take an apprentice, as long as people don't make a ruckus without any due process or backing data.

Strikes me as unusual, also in regards to not being 'members'. I honestly never knew that about a Temple Goddess. I have seen her here since I have been here, and kinda thought if a person could post in the forums its not implicit membership but close enough.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
11 years 8 months ago #69978 by Jestor
Sometimes things aren't met to be understood, only accepted....

Your killing me Desolous...

You can say whatever you like, where ever you like, however, this relationship is not a TOTJO relationship....

There is no implied membership....

This is why we have guests, and members....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #69979 by
Lol, master jestor. Your death is premature and unintended.

You must see my point, however: imagine if this were a christian church, for example. A bishop takes a priest as an understudy, under no official auspices. Or in the military: a titular officer begins commanding (teaching) underlings.

As you stated, it is not in my power to control here, only to accept. And that I will do. But I remain confused.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi