Magical Coat Hangers (Dowsing)

More
11 years 9 months ago #66044 by Angelus
And you should know that many of us engage in levity, not to be disrespectful, but rather, as a means of ensuring that we don't take ourselves too seriously.

Jedi Knight
Former Masters: Mark Anjuu, Zanthan Storm, Br. John, Grom Fett

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #66046 by

Angelus wrote: Anyone with a rudimentary grasp of the English should have no difficulty understanding what I'm talking about. I was merely addressing the subtle tones of disrespect and offering FRIENDLY encouragement for YOU. If my kindness or my opinions are unwelcome, then please just let me know.

Perhaps I should offer my kindness. I am very known for it within the community.

However or now I shall say perhaps it is best to discuss the topic instead.

Again I encourage people to look up dowsing if they are interested in it, give it a go and see what they come up with. It is not wisdom to make judgments on things that one has not had experiences with.

More
11 years 9 months ago #66050 by Angelus
I posted to let you know that none of us were making judgements! It is not wise to express such erroneous suppositions (I.e. "It is not wise to make judgements...") as fact. Veiled insults are not a reflection of kindness.

Jedi Knight

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #66053 by

Angelus wrote: I posted to let you know that none of us were making judgements! It is not wise to express such erroneous suppositions (I.e. "It is not wise to make judgements...") as fact. Veiled insults are not a reflection of kindness.

Well I can not help how your perceive things.

More
11 years 9 months ago #66054 by Angelus
Well fine, as you are incapable of rational discourse, I will leave you and Akkarin (not "Akkron") to your magical coat hangers. :)

Jedi Knight

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #66056 by

Hannigan wrote: It is not wisdom to make judgments on things that one has not had experiences with.

Akkarin wrote: I have never sacrificed virgins to make rain fall and end a drought. That does not mean that I cannot say with great certainty that doing so will do absolutely nothing to weather patterns

Whatever your perceived judgements about my taking seriously this topic, why not have the discussion anyway and present your ideas to others who are curious so that they may learn?

I apologise for the lack of propriety regarding the good humoured nature of the title given to this discussion. But that does not invalidate any points that are subsequently made

Seraph, I will look into Bioelectromagnetism and see what I think :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #66058 by

Akkarin wrote:

Hannigan wrote: It is not wisdom to make judgments on things that one has not had experiences with.

Akkarin wrote: I have never sacrificed virgins to make rain fall and end a drought. That does not mean that I cannot say with great certainty that doing so will do absolutely nothing to weather patterns

Whatever your perceived judgements about my taking seriously this topic, why not have the discussion anyway and present your ideas to others who are curious so that they may learn?

I apologise for the lack of propriety regarding the good humoured nature of the title given to this discussion. But that does not invalidate any points that are subsequently made

Seraph, I will look into Bioelectromagnetism and see what I think :)

I thought I was quite clear when I said when you want to discuss the topic of dowsing to let me know, however I will not have a real conversation on a topic called "magical coat hangers". If i was mistaken let me state it now. When you are ready to have a real conversation on this topic feel free to let me know.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #66059 by

Angelus wrote: Well fine, as you are incapable of rational discourse, I will leave you and Akkarin (not "Akkron") to your magical coat hangers. :)

You should learn how to speak with others if you want respect.

More
11 years 9 months ago #66061 by Angelus
Which is what I've been telling you for some time now. I don't judge you, I respect you, and I acknowledge that I am not the intellectual or metaphysical authority on anything here, so I will leave dowsing to you. But do not assume that you are right or infallible; dowsing is not, to my knowledge, a proven phenomenon, which makes it little more than supposition. Youshould learn how debate without resorting to vituperative language if you want credibility. I never asked for respect, and your vaunted "kindness" has yet to be seen. I'll leave it at that.

Jedi Knight

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #66062 by

Angelus wrote: Which is what I've been telling you for some time now. I don't judge you, I respect you, and I acknowledge that I am not the intellectual or metaphysical authority on anything here, so I will leave dowsing to you. But do not assume that you are right or infallible; dowsing is not, to my knowledge, a proven phenomenon, which makes it little more than supposition. Youshould learn how debate without resorting to vituperative language if you want credibility. I never asked for respect, and your vaunted "kindness" has yet to be seen. I'll leave it at that.

You should learn that it is more important to have a discussion not a debate. You learn in discussions you do not learn in debates.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi