The Grateful Thread

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #195505 by
Replied by on topic The Grateful Thread
I did not notice the A question.... topic. It should not matter, but I am grateful for finding the topic even if it is closed.

:unsure: :S :huh: :dry: :blink: :woohoo: :side: :blush: :( .. .. :)
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #196073 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic The Grateful Thread
No one kills philosophers any more ... :cheer:

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Breeze el Tierno,

More
8 years 9 months ago #196133 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic The Grateful Thread
Music makes everything easier... Even running in a corrugated metal gym with no aircon.

Vive la musique!

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Jestor, Alexandre Orion

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #196134 by
3rd time the Grateful Dead has come up in my weekend... one of my favorite bands. Definitely some of my favorite songs. Uncle john's Band (banned :silly: ) is always a good one

Rock Scully wrote a great biography of Garcia and the Dead. Worth the read.

Usually if something comes up 3 times it means that a message from spirit is trying to get across. That was what I said anyway when I was a teenager and I would be at a friend's smoking cones and having a drink.... if someone (mother/police/person who kept me with a skateboard) rang 3 times then I would stop to observe that moment and note how interesting it was

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #196650 by
Echoing what Edan and others have said previously, I am grateful for the friends I've met at the Temple.

This community is made up of some of the kindest, most sincere and genuine, loving and caring individuals I've ever had the pleasure of spending time with. I appreciate everything each of you has offered me and am optimistic that the bonds we've created will remain strong and honest as time carries on.

To those with whom I've had misunderstandings in the past, I hope you will find it in you to move forward without resentment, and when thinking back on our time together remember the positive and joyful moments that we shared.

Many of you may not even realize the influence that you've had on my life or how your words and actions have changed me. Thank you from the deepest part of my heart. I will be forever grateful and appreciative of all of you and the friendships that we've built.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by .

More
8 years 9 months ago #196792 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic The Grateful Thread
I am grateful to psychology for helping me understand children.
It sounds like such a silly thing but I've never been able to connect with or understand them. I may only be able to look at them now from a developmental point of view, but now I get why they do stuff which doesn't make me any better with them, but now I don't find them quite as strange.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #197211 by
It is nice to see that there is still kindness out there!! Just got back from a Taco Bell trip. The Cashier was so nice! Gave our girls a handful of pepermints and two free small slushies! <3 <3 <3

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #197218 by
I was at a drive through yesterday and somebody bought my lunch! It was awesome.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #197228 by
I am grateful for every beat of my heart, and every breath I take, that keeps me floating through this wonderous, sometimes terrible universe. I am grateful that i got to be where I am now, and that I learned what I learned up until now. I am grateful for every moment here. Even the sad ones, in the end.

I am grateful for the existence of the universe. That was quite the trick! Or was it?
I am grateful for the laws of physics, here to remind us that we can't just do whatever the heck we please.
I am grateful for the infinite complexity. Without it, everything would be way less interesting.
I am grateful that I no longer see a difference between another person and my face in the mirror.
And finally, I am grateful for you, the reader, for reading it, and becoming part of my universe.

And when the needle skips, I won't say that it has been a dull ride.

More
8 years 9 months ago #197262 by Whyte Horse
Replied by Whyte Horse on topic The Grateful Thread
My baby smiled and laughed at me endlessly today. Thanks for that, it made my day. B)

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi