The Force powers as we know them

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #346496 by
Replied by on topic The Force powers as we know them
Well mr steam then go teach your "SECRET" society stuff and be well!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #346498 by Rosalyn J
Last I checked it was $1400 bucks for all classes. Well it seems you have got a bargain.

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, OB1Shinobi, Rex

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #346499 by Alethea Thompson
In some Christian traditions, you can learn how to do things like “Prophetic Prayer”...but it won’t get you any results unless you have a good relationship with God....
Some energy healing traditions have it that you must purify your body of toxins in order to work...
There’s a tradition where you can only become a Shaman after a Shamanic Sickness and during that sickness (if you pass) you’ll learn how to use a specific herb and dance to cure all kinds of things....

But sure, a 3 day Reiki class will get you the same results as these other methodologies that take actual effort on your part....

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Alethea Thompson.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

More
4 years 3 months ago #346501 by steamboat28
The reason I say it's a pyramid scheme is that masters make more money overcharging for classes than they do treatments. There's a tradition in reiki circles that you never charge more to teach it than you were charged to learn it, which let's many masters seek to recoup their money by training more members to cover costs of their own classes. It continues down the line, and that's how you spend $3k on magic energy juju that doesn't actually teach you how to do anything.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #346502 by
So why is reike fake and others not? I know people that call themselves shamans and I know Christian's that say they are prophets and others that have the gift of tongues or healing. They did nothing for those things. Besides that these classes are 10 hours a day. That seems like work to me? And they are free. In this group they call a clan. A medicine clan.

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #346504 by steamboat28
Because none of their teachings make any sense. It's all been cobbled together from different cultures with a history that doesn't line up and methodology that has no basis in any other esoteric teachings.

You're paying someone to wave their hands over you so that you can wave your hands over others. You don't use or direct any energy, Reiki does it itself. The whole thing is a crock. You're better off learning about Qigong or yoga or something else with a little more history and documentation behind it. Or, learn the underlying metaphysics and develop your own.

ALSO, saying shaman and Christians do nothing for their power is ignorant as ****. You don't understand where any of that comes from if you think it's easy.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by steamboat28.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Rex

More
4 years 3 months ago #346506 by Amaya

Fyxe wrote: Ok...

Well sorta harsh but let's go with it. Isnt every aspect of modern day jediist all just "stolen" practices and ideas? I mean even the name jediist is used so we dont get in trouble for using the name jedi, stolen as well. (Stolen is a harsh word)

I am taking the reiki classes next year and have got ahold of a teacher who tells me that o shall be certified in 3 days if I like and will have the full power available to me after "atunement". So about 20 years, how does that make it better?

Elizabeth, do you believe in the force or not?

I believe in many things, as my path through life unfolds my beliefs can change, grow, mature and even fall to the side.
Does it matter if I believe in the force?
And are you asking if I believe in your idea of the force?

In every path you will find other beliefs incorporated under a heading such as 'christianity' or 'jediism' there may be a few unique aspects to every path but many shared similar beliefs.
If you look at any religion and trace its history, research its symbolism you will find branches of many other paths that are brought in to the main religious name in order to unite different factions or to strengthen belief. Its actually intresting to delve into.
Jediism is similar to me.

I wonder why reiki intrests you. Do you wish to be a healer in life? Have you considered first aid classes to go alongside your intrest?
My personal opinion on being certified in three days is that your certificate will be worthless. Learning anything requires time, knowledge and action.

Everything is belief
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, OB1Shinobi, Rex

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #346512 by
Well, one thing I have discovered in my time here and in this thread continues it, is that you guys are INCREDIBLY good at never answering any question directly. some sort of skirt the issue and others just avoid it all together and go off on a rabit trail. :angry:

More
4 years 3 months ago #346514 by Amaya

Fyxe wrote: Well, one thing I have discovered in my time here and in this thread continues it, is that you guys are INCREDIBLY good at never answering any question directly. some sort of skirt the issue and others just avoid it all together and go off on a rabit trail. :angry:

Believe it or not I am answering your question. The problem is your idea of the force in this thread and others is YOURS alone. I may agree with bits others I don't.
My idea of the force grows through my journey, I believe in this path I am forging.
What I wrote was in response to what you wrote.
Are you not also avoiding answering by getting angry?
Sometimes clarification means answering a question with a question. :)

Everything is belief
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Proteus, OB1Shinobi, Rex

More
4 years 3 months ago #346517 by steamboat28
elizabeth has a point. You haven't really said anything except to ask questions that you've attacked the answers to. Why not redirect your passion into following up on those answers? Why ask questions, demand answers, and then completely ignore them once they're given?

What is it you're trying to accomplish?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Rex, Malicious

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi