The Force powers as we know them

More
4 years 4 months ago #346481 by OB1Shinobi
I have to point out that these are not “force powers as we know them”
They are force powers as you believe them to be.

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346482 by
Replied by on topic The Force powers as we know them
Great questions and comments. So there seems to be a focus on healing so let's talk about that.

As modern day jeddist we have borrowed from lots of other places to create this worldview right? So star wars is a base but lower than that is buddhism and Hinduism and meditation and the idea of service. Some are Christian as well. And at a most basic core all jedi believe in the force right? A weird metaphysical energy field that has some connection to life itself. (Either creates it or is created by it.)

But its energy right? And it is what jedi call the divine, no matter whether we disagree if it have a consciousness or a will or not.

So as divine energy it must also be the source of supernatural or metaphysical or miracle or prayers based healing from the jedi standpoint.

So if all of that is true then it must also be reasonable for a jedi to take any known form of energy healing, or all forms or parts of many and make them their own and call that force healing right?

More
4 years 4 months ago #346484 by steamboat28
Ignoring that you can't just steal ideas and practices and just relabel them, energetic healing isn't something you just whip up in a few minutes like a PB&J. It takes extensive understanding of the subtle body, movements of energy, and the constants of many forms.

Some of us have done this for twenty years and the idea that you can just come along and slap a new name on something you don't understand is as insulting as it is laughable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Rex

More
4 years 4 months ago #346485 by Amaya

Fyxe wrote: Great questions and comments. So there seems to be a focus on healing so let's talk about that.

As modern day jeddist we have borrowed from lots of other places to create this worldview right?

Right

So star wars is a base but lower than that is buddhism and Hinduism and meditation and the idea of service. Some are Christian as well.

No
Your making an assumption

And at a most basic core all jedi believe in the force right? A weird metaphysical energy field that has some connection to life itself. (Either creates it or is created by it.)

Is that your personal belief?

But its energy right? And it is what jedi call the divine, no matter whether we disagree if it have a consciousness or a will or not.

No I as a Jedi don't call it the divine

So as divine energy it must also be the source of supernatural or metaphysical or miracle or prayers based healing from the jedi standpoint.

No why do you assume this

So if all of that is true then it must also be reasonable for a jedi to take any known form of energy healing, or all forms or parts of many and make them their own and call that force healing right?

No not in my opinion

Everything is belief

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346487 by
Ok...

Well sorta harsh but let's go with it. Isnt every aspect of modern day jediist all just "stolen" practices and ideas? I mean even the name jediist is used so we dont get in trouble for using the name jedi, stolen as well. (Stolen is a harsh word)

I am taking the reiki classes next year and have got ahold of a teacher who tells me that o shall be certified in 3 days if I like and will have the full power available to me after "atunement". So about 20 years, how does that make it better?

Elizabeth, do you believe in the force or not?

More
4 years 4 months ago #346488 by steamboat28
because reiki is a pyramid scheme
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J

More
4 years 4 months ago #346491 by Rosalyn J
Wouldn't that be equivalent to saying you can get a Master's Degree in 3 days?
Master's Degree meaning able to teach the subject.
Even with a massive amount of studying I doubt that would be possible.
Consider that Medical Doctors, Chiropractors, and Naturalpaths spend years in school
I am prepared to be wrong

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346492 by

steamboat28 wrote: because reiki is a pyramid scheme

Yup you are famous for saying that and yet you have avoided many times my question as to what better systems you use. Everytime I ask you dont answer? I'm wondering why? Keeper of a great secret, you are! Elitist leanings, it is! Knights here are supposed to teach right? So teach instead of hiding knowledge. That is what you are doing wrong here.

More
4 years 4 months ago #346493 by steamboat28

Fyxe wrote: Yup you are famous for saying that and yet you have avoided many times my question as to what better systems you use. Everytime I ask you dont answer? I'm wondering why? Keeper of a great secret, you are! Elitist leanings, it is! Knights here are supposed to teach right? So teach instead of hiding knowledge. That is what you are doing wrong here.

I avoid your questions for many reasons. One is that there aren't established names for many good modalities. Other reasons include your attitude, your attitude, the fact that I don't like your attitude, and your attitude.

I don't get paid to teach energy healing here, and I'm not volunteering my services except to a select few. You wanna learn Reiki, learn Reiki. It can be very effective, but it doesn't work the same way actual energetic healing works, and it darn sure doesn't give you the right answers all the time.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346495 by

Rosalyn J wrote: Wouldn't that be equivalent to saying you can get a Master's Degree in 3 days? P
Master's Degree meaning able to teach the subject.
Even with a massive amount of studying I doubt that would be possible.
Consider that Medical Doctors, Chiropractors, and Naturalpaths spend years in school
I am prepared to be wrong

No it's not. All it takes is attunements with ancient symbols as the rituals are described to me. Not sure why you call it pyramid either, the girl is part of a teaching clan and I can join the clan to learn and they teach these things for free. Just a yearly due to the clan. And they teach all sorta stuff.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi