The Practice Of Deep Breathing!!!!!

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
13 years 10 months ago #31698 by ren

If the Force is defined as \"an energy field that surrounds all living things\" then rocks would obviously not be a contributing part of this energy field.

There's also the unifying force, defined as such: \"the force is everything, and everything is the force\" (or something similar, I don't have the book to quote properly). Therefore rocks and the wind are defined as part of the force. Then there's also the contradiction in the movie: Yoda says the force surrounds and penetrates all living things, except it is also in (empty) space, and according to yoda himself, in the rock.

Simple explanation through avoidance of fallacies: \"the force surrounds and penetrates all living things\" does not mean the Force doesn't surround and penetrate non-living things or non-things.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
13 years 10 months ago #31699 by RyuJin
it seems this discussion became rather heated over a simple matter of perception/experience.

there are many aspects of the force, not everyone has experience with or perceives every aspect. much like some people with color blindness are unable to see a certain color which alters how they perceive things. perhaps ben was simply discussing his experience and perception(which would not be wrong, whether incomplete or not), yet it was misinterpretted by 666 who was discussing his experience and perception(which again would not be wrong, whether complete or not), which was then misinterpretted by ben....

the point being that not everyone is going to experience things or perceive them in the exact same way, unless everyone was an exact copy of a single perfect person.

to my knowledge i have not been cloned :laugh:

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 10 months ago #31904 by
so you just sit and breath? I will try this.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 10 months ago #31910 by
You can sit, stand, lay down be side to side whatever you want breathe naturally and let it flow.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #44658 by
I believe deep breathe is a great practice in all Jedi actions. In my profession, deep breathe is the catalyst for all change in the body.

More
12 years 5 months ago #44675 by Adder
When I was a kid I learnt that abdominal 'deep' breathing was the 'right' way to breath, but now I think deep breathing means perhaps more to me as "conscious breathing" then just "full breathing".

Its easy to take it for granted but it is basically a type of power source for the body which we need to constantly refuel from, so how a person breath might play a big part in if they are a Ferrari or a Kombi Van!!

Breating is special in regards to spirituality (besides being required for life) because its one of the few things which both our conscious and subconscious minds can control, and because they must in some way monitor each other then it might be a pathway for the subconscious and conscious minds to influence each other in other, perhaps various, ways.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi