The Practice Of Deep Breathing!!!!!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 10 months ago #31546 by
The Practice Of Deep Breathing!!!!!

When you take a breath you're not only giving power and oxygen to your body, you're taking in life-force. Breathing deeply over a period of time and practice can turn you into somewhat of a superhuman. Look at some of the most famous practioners of this subject:

Yogies

Shoalin Monks

Military Personell

Old-time Strongmen

Wrestlers

Gymnasts

Thats just to name a few but you get my point. Deep breathing creates your inner power and with a focused mind, you can control anything in your body you want. This type of practice is not for people who like to rush things and rather focus on the outside then on the inside. When you wake up in the morning, take in a few deep breaths and realize how energized you get just doing a few of these. Training is not about rushing it but going along with it smoothly and with flow. Never believe those people who say \"Deep breathing doesnt make you strong and you have to run and do aerobics to get lung power.\" Nothing can be further then the truth, truth is when you practice this not only will you be stronger but your organs will make everything in your body do things you never thought possible.

This has been done for millions of years if not billions. Deep breathing is the healthiest form of exercise there is and when you add other exercises watch your strength, stamina, agility, flexibility and lung power skyrocket. Its the ultimate anytime, anywhere way of training and if you're a bridging practioner, your timing will go through the roof and you would think you wern't in it that long when you were holding for a long time. Theres an old saying from an old-time wrestler \"Deep breathing alone can make a weak man strong and a sick man well.\" Try it sometime and you'll know what I mean.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 10 months ago #31554 by
Could you clarify what you mean by \"lung power\"?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 10 months ago #31555 by
It means your breathing is so strong that your endurance can last quite a long time. Lung power is an expression for great endurance. Say you're doing squats at a good rate at 300 within a 10min. period and you're breathing is very good thats one way to look at it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 10 months ago #31561 by
So you're saying you can up your endurance and VO2 max just through deep breathing? Can you direct me to some research or articles on it? I completely believe that it's likely a valuable addition to one's fitness routine, but I'm still a little skeptical that it replaces aerobic/anaerobic exercise all together. I'd really like to hear more about it.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 10 months ago #31562 by
Yes you can up your endurance and vo2 max because when you breathe deeply either before or during a workout you're pumping oxygen to the body and the more you breathe deeply the more blood is running through the body and help building the cells. Not to sound like a scientist but this is from personal experience. I would advise looking up deep breathing for yourself and research what you can find. I can direct you to a few places but you still will be skeptical about it but read about the shaolin monks or what breathing can do for running and swimming, these are examples but research and see what you can find. It doesn't replace aerobic/anerobic exercise its apart of it its not one or the other. Aerobic is using oxygen and anerobic is using less oxygen like sprints but yet you still have to breathe. It has been proven that deep breathing through meditation can move up the metabolism. This is from personal experience and have mastered certain techniques on deep breathing but it can be different for you so find what you can.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 10 months ago #31567 by
Please don't misunderstand. I realize that there are certain aspects of health that have been researched in other countries, that still struggle for validation here in the States, Qi for instance. I'm familiar with the breathing practices of the Shaolin Monks and have done a great deal of study on their qigong techniques such as Ba Duan Jin and Yi Jin Jing. I was just wondering if you had stumbled across any scientific articles on this deep breathing as well (I just like seeing numbers is all). I really really do think there is a lot more to pushing the human potential than just mainstream exercise, so it isn't that I'm just a skeptic looking for things to debunk. In fact, sometimes it's neat to see modern science 'discover' what the ancients knew a thousand years prior. :) From personal experience I can definitely say that controlling the breath is essential to running, martial arts, and so forth.

More
13 years 10 months ago #31580 by 666
DISAGREE
deep breath is only deep breath, is not a hidden power, is not a way, its \"maybe\" a tool
if its healthy, yes, but thats all

you need to mix it with your mind, with your inner power to make it work, so

and I don't know how many of you talking here do kung fu for real, i start at 6 years old, and i have 44

breath is breath and thats all, is not the breath,
do not mix

its good to have healthy lungs? YES,
it give you any power? NO
it help you in meditation? NO
it help you focusing? NO

sending O2 to your body, make it healthy, sending O2 to your brain, make some neuronal connections work better, but you can do the same without it

i agree, its nice, its important, and if you like to believe in that, and help you in any manner... good for you

but

is not necessary
is not mandatory
it doesn't give you anything than a more oxygenated body

\"From personal experience I can definitely say that controlling the breath is essential to running, martial arts, and so forth.\"

wrong, your breath need to be natural, if you are in control of your breath, you are using your focus to do that.

breathing \" with a good technique\" can be train, but NEVER, and read it again NEVER need to be controlled in any way,

and again is not the way, is the tool used to....

never mix health status with martial arts because its wrong

\"another thing\": \"I'm familiar with the breathing practices of the Shaolin Monks\"
i like to know from witch temple, or witch monk, (real) you are familiar with, because i can discuss that really long

breathing in that manner was not made to gain power, is only because its healthy, in the same way that is healthy to run, or walk

kung fu is not a martial art
monks don't believe in powers

so i like to know from where you grab the information,

- maybe sounds aggressive, is not, smile

Knight of Jediism
Ordained Deacon and Minister
Promoted and Ordained April 28, 2010

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
13 years 10 months ago #31581 by ren
Humans barely their lungs (animals are more productive), so deepbeath would be an advantage. I dont know what the effect would be on red blood cells on the long term, but on the short term there would probably be some form of hyperventilation(and related effects).

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 10 months ago #31585 by
I use term Deep Breathing as a source of health and long term benefits. You're right the Shaolin Monks don't have powers persay but you have to admit they are pretty strong for men their size and feats and breathing plays a huge factor in that area with their flexibility. The reason why I have experienced it is through different forms of training and it helps me focus and makes time go quicker so I don't mind the disagreement but come on you can't throw off what I understand about technique. I practice the wrestler's bridge quite often (don't be getting on my case about that got pleny of it already) and I once held it for 3 min. while taking in only 9 breaths. Thats 3 breaths a min. and experienced no damage anywhere, no hyperventilation and no pain. You're right its not mandatory or really necessary but it should a practice and it does go well into martial arts and has been for thousands of years. Where do get my information who really cares. People will say this or that about it and want scientific proof, truth is its all about where you learn it from yourself and how you practice it. Anybody can tell you anything and you can disagree with me or not. The thing i'm trying to accomplish is that spreading a message that no one seems to spread around anymore and learn about it for themselves. Practice it thats all.

More
13 years 10 months ago #31588 by 666
clear as water

read your blog article and this post, and Disagree,

because (and from what I see its not only me), you put the importance of deep breathing on top of any other. and you point to some things that are not true.

example: \"Breathing deeply over a period of time and practice can turn you into somewhat of a superhuman.\"
another of your citations \"The force as we know it in real life means Deep Breathing.\"

just its not true, and thats all, (and is not true, because you can not tell someone else what force is) maybe for you, breathing is your force, is up to you. but is not by rule

I din't find all the other citations, but like in my previous post you say
but \"I'm familiar with the breathing practices of the Shaolin Monks\" this one is to know your source of familiarization, because I know the only 2 True Real Monks and they never say something like that , all the new monks, from the modern schools, are not taken as real monks

so my point was, to know your familiar point with this.

is not against you.
and breathing is really important, and have like you say a training in breathing, can help your overall health . but THATS ALL. end, no powers, no mith, no anything, help in the precise measure. and ends there, can be used to make your physical training easier, or better, yes, all the others, as you point, are a FANTASY.

thats all

So, you can handle english, better than me, but I breathed enough, to know, whats true and whats not.

and your point, is not right, I'm in chat any time you need to discus this better, because here, can be a never ending... with no reason.

just maybe, you need to handle the wording, to express you, in a different way...

Stones, doesn't have Force?
and trees?

Knight of Jediism
Ordained Deacon and Minister
Promoted and Ordained April 28, 2010

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi