So i guess everyone is leaving..?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #298914 by
Replied by on topic So i guess everyone is leaving..?
Any novices/members who read this, feel free to contact me as well.

I do my best to comment on every new person's post and acknowledge them, but I admit, sometimes people slip. I'm usually on everyday but I do have a full time job that may hinder me from getting back to you ASAP.

Like Ava, I'm just an apprentice but I am more than happy to help in any way I can!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #298918 by Brick

Asakura Shoji wrote: The only person who has done any direct, unsolicited, "Hey, you're new!" outreach to me at all is Brick. (Thank you, Brick!)

No problem Shoji ;)

I'm sad to hear that you, Nami, and other newcomers have felt a bit ignored. That's a failing on our part, and I'd like to apologies to all of you for that.

There's been an awful lot going on recently (I know everyone keeps saying that). But I'm not just talking about the arguments that you're hearing about. We've also been a little under staffed due to a couple of people stepping down from certain office's a while ago and those positions not yet being filled, our head of the welcoming party went on holiday for 2 weeks, and our membership application system was down.

As a result of all of this the Temple has kind of been running on a skeleton crew, with everyone taking on twice the workload they normally do, and so our communication and interaction with newcomers has been considerably worse than usual. I'm not trying to make excuses there, just trying to add a little context.

That being said, as Tella mentioned, the welcoming party have been issuing messages to all new accounts daily, and the IP team is still up and running.

I know Nami and I maybe didn't get off to the best of starts in our first meeting due to a little misunderstanding in one of the threads, but if you want to speak to someone Nami, then my pm box is open and I promise I will actually reply. A number of people have already reached out to me, and I've tried to help/inform as best I can

Same goes for you too Shoji, and anyone else (be they newcomer or seasoned veteran).

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Brick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, Cyan Sarden

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #298929 by
This isn't just a website, it's a church. It's a church that has forgotten it's a church and just focuses in the forum.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by . Reason: Grammar.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #298930 by
Frankly, I for one (a "newcomer" if you will) appreciate that the alleged ugliness of all this is being kept from my eyes. I don't see any value to following the rumor mill of it all, and don't expect any broad daylight fisticuffs would make any of us feel more secure or informed. If anything, it would be far more of a distraction than it already is. There have already been several related threads here in public view, each receiving 100s of posts, the bulk of which amount to speculation at best. Being remarkably interested in this Path, and mostly human, I find myself sifting through and digesting each and every unuseful post anyway, ignoring my outstanding need to set the forum aside and tackle Lesson 4 of the IP instead.

Someone created something remarkable here by founding a virtual Temple with membership in the thousands, and the value of that is clear in the passion and vested interest in the Temple's future, which this entire discussion exhibits.

He should be incredibly proud of all this. It is no small achievement. So his interest in ensuring a proper turnover in retirement is not just expected, but warranted.

In governance we do not declare a new nation-state to be viable until it has achieved three successful and peaceful transitions of power. Patience is paramount in such efforts. Airing out a full and transparent account is not.

There is not a single benefit to me, as a newcomer, to be privy to the higher level discussions in any of this, so long as at the end of it all I can login and get along with my training. If things deteriorated to the extent of a 404 Error when I hit my bookmark to come here one day, I would be sad, sure, but I could still get out of bed and function along my own Path anyway.

Even expending the energy in this post feels awkward for me. I have done so in a few other related threads before they were closed or moved out of view.

The bottom line point for me: thanks to EVERYONE involved, for it shows me that you all do care, but I won't stay up at night and speculate on what the rumors mean, for that is merely anticipating the unknowns of the future and what MIGHT be, and ignoring my opportunity in the eternal moment, NOW.

P.S. if you do not see a Lesson 4 post from me today, that is 100% on me, none of you, and I'd hope someone would notice and call me out.

Cheers

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #298931 by
@Sam if you don't want to know what's going on, then you can just not read the thread that I and so many others are asking for. (Which steamboat28 created)
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by . Reason: Clarification

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #298932 by

Nami wrote: This isn't just a website, it's a church. It's a church that has forgotten it's a church and just focuses in the forum.

Well said. It is in times such as this that we need to take the flame Jediism into ourselves and truly live it so that it may not die as the candle that is this site flickers.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #298934 by

Arisaig wrote:

Nami wrote: This isn't just a website, it's a church. It's a church that has forgotten it's a church and just focuses in the forum.

Well said. It is in times such as this that we need to take the flame Jediism into ourselves and truly live it so that it may not die as the candle that is this site flickers.

While that may be true, fanning the "this place might be dying" flames is helpful to no one.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #298935 by

Nami wrote:

Arisaig wrote:

While that may be true, fanning the "this place might be dying" flames is helpful to no one.

Lol, again quite well said. When a candle becomes a stump, unable to wield a flame, one finds hope ina new candle. I hope that new candles, such as yourself, can help this place continue to burn bright.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #298936 by

Nami wrote: @Sam if you don't want to know what's going on, then you can just not read the thread that I and so many others are asking for. (Which steamboat28 created)

This is true. Yet, to the extent the entire situation offers incredible learning potential, I will keep myself apprised.

I almost see the whole situation as "Living Exercise of Jediism", almost a practical exercise in the training material, where I can learn quite readily from it perhaps more so than from simply burying my nose in the IP and ignoring what my eyes can see also.

Almost as Krishnamutri suggested we are prone to do when we rely on only one of our 5 (6) senses, and not all of them.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #298940 by
I created a thread reaching out to all members in need and didn't receive any requests save a bunch of banter about my choices.

How can I, an Apprentice, better reach out to you new members Nami? Asakura Shoji? Private PM's? Most times I rarely know who is new and when. "Member" and "Guest" status holds both new and old member's and I hate to pry/nag XD So just trying to figure out how I can be of better help if/when there is a next time.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi