So i guess everyone is leaving..?

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #298897 by Avalon
Tella, you and I aren't going to agree on the point of banning people over disagreements, so let's not bother with trying to pretend like we will. It'll make both our lives easier, I promise.

I stand by my statement. Banning people over disagreements - however they're presented - isn't appropriate at this juncture. It's just my opinion, my two cents. Feel free to have your own, but there's no need to comment on mine.

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Avalon.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #298898 by Tellahane

steamboat28 wrote:

Tellahane wrote: I never said you don't need to know, but some darker sides are showing from the exhaustion and you don't need to be subjected to that part of it. When decisions become final you will be filled in with the full chunk, just as even I don't know fully what all is going on, just have a better idea then some. It is in our doctrine to protect and defend, that's whats being done.

For all our talk about needing more transparency, this is a really opaque answer.

I made a new thread on the topic for anyone still interested.

Since I'm not included the knights chat where this is happening it's not like I can give a better answer steam, that's as detailed as what I know =p

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #298899 by
Replied by on topic So i guess everyone is leaving..?

Tellahane wrote: In what way are you feeling neglected specifically. What need of yours is not being met?

Well, we're left in the dark having to fend for ourselves. We are led to believe this place is going up in flames. This is supposed to be a church, a sanctuary. Right now, it's not. The new members aren't being talked to or helped. The novices aren't getting any help. Our spiritual needs aren't being met. All we've been told to do is shut up and wait. How are we supposed to be patient when we've been given no reason to have faith?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #298900 by

Tellahane wrote: Since I'm not included the knights chat where this is happening it's not like I can give a better answer steam, that's as detailed as what I know =p

PRECISELY!

More
6 years 8 months ago #298901 by Tellahane

Avalonslight wrote: Tella, you and I aren't going to agree on the point of banning people over disagreements, so let's not bother with trying to pretend like we will. It'll make both our lives easier, I promise.

I stand by my statement. Banning people over disagreements - however they're presented - isn't appropriate at this juncture. It's just my opinion, my two cents. Feel free to have your own, but there's no need to comment on mine.

I think that's because we disagree that its a ban on a disagreement, you believe its not appropriate to ban when someone disagrees, I feel that its appropriate when someone does it in a verbally offensive matter, not when they disagree peacefully. I agree they shouldn't be banned if they disagree peacefully.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ren

More
6 years 8 months ago #298902 by Tellahane

Nami wrote:

Tellahane wrote: In what way are you feeling neglected specifically. What need of yours is not being met?

Well, we're left in the dark having to fend for ourselves. We are led to believe this place is going up in flames. This is supposed to be a church, a sanctuary. Right now, it's not. The new members aren't being talked to or helped. The novices aren't getting any help. Our spiritual needs aren't being met. All we've been told to do is shut up and wait. How are we supposed to be patient when we've been given no reason to have faith?

1. Stop listening to the rumors gossip is bad for your health in general no matter where you go.
2. The IP support team has never stopped working during this process if you need help with the IP I would be more then happy to assist you
3. Rosalyn and others have repeatedly offered their support of your spiritual needs in the last week or so I'm not sure again what needs aren't being met?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ren, Kobos, Brick

More
6 years 8 months ago #298903 by Avalon
Nami and any other new comers,

If you have any questions, my skype and my email are in my signature. I will help as much as I can, based on the information which I have. And I'll do it as many times as anyone needs. I'm just an apprentice. I won't be able to provide all the answers. But I will do what I can.

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Kobos, Brick,

More
6 years 8 months ago #298904 by steamboat28

Avalonslight wrote: Nami and any other new comers,

If you have any questions, my skype and my email are in my signature. I will help as much as I can, based on the information which I have. And I'll do it as many times as anyone needs. I'm just an apprentice. I won't be able to provide all the answers. But I will do what I can.

^ This. My contact information is in my profile. You can reach me here via pm, facebook, skype, whatever. I'm here to help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #298905 by

Tellahane wrote: 1. Stop listening to the rumors gossip is bad for your health in general no matter where you go.
2. The IP support team has never stopped working during this process if you need help with the IP I would be more then happy to assist you
3. Rosalyn and others have repeatedly offered their support of your spiritual needs in the last week or so I'm not sure again what needs aren't being met?

Right, when I pm people and I don't get responses, my needs aren't being met.

I'm -not- listening to gossip. I'm saying that's literally all we have to go on.

And your list is very patronizing.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #298907 by
I don't want to totally derail this thread, but as a new person, I just wanted to quickly say I can echo most of what Nami has said. I may be having slightly different emotional responses to it all, but I can attest to there being lots of times what we're hearing as new people amounts to crickets chirping.

The only person who has done any direct, unsolicited, "Hey, you're new!" outreach to me at all is Brick. (Thank you, Brick!)

One person.

One.

Anyone else that I've talked to on here is because I made a point of hanging out in chat and getting to know people (I mean, other than a few replies to forum posts which were mostly people saying hi to my intro post). Everyone I met that way has certainly been friendly enough and several have been more than happy to talk to me about stuff and let me take up quite a bit of their time. I appreciate that, and I'm definitely not knocking those people like Steam and Ava who've been open to me bugging them a ton. Much love.

But the point is, if I wasn't much for hanging out in live chat and didn't make that extra effort? I'd have heard from...Brick..and no one else.

I'm not trying to say that's good/bad/whatever or I need more babysitting or look at me look at me or something. I'm just saying people need to understand that's how little direct outreach newbies are actually getting right now.

*EDIT* To be clear, by direct, unsolicited, I mean someone coming to me without me asking first by sending me a PM or messaging directly in some other way like, "Hi, welcome, here's what's going on." I don't mean someone made a forum post saying, "Message me if you have questions."
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi