Should jedi train in combat?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #241699 by
Replied by on topic Should jedi train in combat?

Adder wrote: Unless carrying swords is common.

In my area it's not :laugh: , but for me it is. I train in frequently with my sword(s) and so it is not uncommon for me to have at least one sword with/near me. My home is full of them so it wouldn't be too odd for me to grab one if attacked in my home.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #241721 by
Replied by on topic Should jedi train in combat?

Adder wrote: Why not!! As far as I know swords are not prohibited in QLD, though I did recently hear about someone getting shot by Police for coming at them with a samurai sword. From the little I know you just need a good reason to have it in public
:S
So I guess the only risk is if its taken off you by thugs.... then I guess the options diminish. Great if you work at the dojo and can carry it everyday to and from work!!! But as mentioned previously, its seems disproportionate for an aggressor with anything less then a sword (from a legal standpoint if claiming self defense), and ineffective against anything longer ranged like a gun, IMO.

Hence the benefit of not carrying a weapon so that the inequality of force can be reversed. To entertain your question, it's very difficult to find appropriateness to carry a sword in a case in public, especially a crowded space. But to get back onto the topic, practicing combat is essentially the physical, and psychological practice to deal with conflict. Therefore, very imperative not as a Jedi, but as a person.

There are other means of achieving the outcome, but combat training is a very effective and efficient means.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi