What to do with anger?

More
9 years 10 months ago #148494 by SilverWolf
Replied by SilverWolf on topic What to do with anger?
To respond to Connor's comment about his nephew, I have a 4 year old son, Aiden-Gabriel ( his name means "Little firey one, god give me strength) after he has too much sugar, I call him " The dark lord of the cuteness" because he turns from this nice sweet padawan, to this wild, loud shouting, seemingly angry at the world 4 year old. so sugar DOES DEFINATELY have a negative effect.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #148982 by
Replied by on topic What to do with anger?
may i suggest physical exercise i find it works well and can flush out any build up of hormones or toxins that maybe being over manufactured by your body.

the body is the mind : )

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #154475 by
Send me a message and I'll gladly talk with you. I know how all of this feels.

More
9 years 8 months ago #154508 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic What to do with anger?
Anger, if properly channeled, can be a prime force for motivation towards changing your life for the better. Been saving this for a rainy day, enjoy...
http://boldanddetermined.com/2012/04/24/how-to-channel-your-anger-into-power/

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

More
9 years 8 months ago #154509 by Breeze el Tierno
A few thoughts come to mind. It may not be useful to 'defeat' one's anger. The anger is present for a reason. It is in you, created by you. One should not regard any part of themselves as an enemy. If there is misunderstanding, then observe and ask. But the self should not be an adversary.

One cannot control what they feel, at least not directly. You can feed a fire or not, but the feelings are there until they pass. We are not responsible for our feelings. We are responsible for our actions. We choose. The anger is exhausting, but managing one's behavior is a victory. For me, it is a matter of what I want.

Am I angry? Yes.

Do I want to act out? Yes.

But I want other things more. So I work to become very sensitive, to notice the anger sooner, hold it out where I can see it sooner. Takes time.

Anger is a terrible master. Good luck, man.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #154542 by
There is a time and place for anger when nothing else will do.

Zenchi wrote: Anger, if properly channeled, can be a prime force for motivation towards changing your life for the better.

And the lives of many others too, Women's Suffrage, the Civil Rights Movement...

It can be very motivating so don't suppress it but at the same time remember you are it's master. Study the reason for your anger and learn to control it. That way you can use it, like all emotions, for your own benefit and the benefit of the world around you.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #154589 by
This is when meditation is really helpful.
Breathing through it and letting it go is one of the best ways to address it.
As soon as you can catch yourself - stop. breath and reset.
If needed, ask to leave the situation so you can relax and come back to it with a clear head.

More
9 years 8 months ago #154590 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic What to do with anger?

baru wrote: This is when meditation is really helpful.
Breathing through it and letting it go is one of the best ways to address it.
As soon as you can catch yourself - stop. breath and reset.
If needed, ask to leave the situation so you can relax and come back to it with a clear head.

This is what I've found helpful... at work I do breathing exercises at my desk to reduce my stress levels

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 months ago #180148 by
This little story may or may not help - but when I was an Apprentice, it made me think about things. Ultimately we all feel anger, some of us hit anger level faster and or more easily than others - and again, everyone deals with it differently - however, from experience I will say holding it is not a good thing, it just sits inside of you, boiling away until someone else quite innocent says or does something and you explode on them.

The story in a nutshell goes like this

A little first nations boy asked his grandfather why he never seems to get angry - the grandfather said...
"Inside of us all, there lives two wolves, they are both very different, one is kind, gentle, polite and patient,
the other is mean, cruel, dark and very unpleasant to know - both these wolves have the power to control us and ae always struggling to be in control"

The little boy thought about this a while and asked the Grandfather which one ultimately wins to which he got the answer

"Which ever of the two you feed"

I will not lie and say I never feel anger, but through guidance and practise from many people here at the Temple I learned how to feed the two different wolves - Its a matter of finding a way that works for you in order to calm oneself - or at least to not release the anger on those around you - Exercise can help, meditation can too - or even just finding a quiet spot in the park or woods or somewhere and just taking in nature (and or the force)

Me I sit in the garden with a hot tea and listen to the birds - I sometimes think they know something is up as they come down and sit nearby - you cant help but smile when a totally wild animal chooses you for company - even if its only for a few seconds :woohoo:

MTFBWY - A

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 2 months ago #180511 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic What to do with anger?
Ah, master kana it is wonderful to see that you're still around and kicking...as it were :lol:

It has been far too long I think :cheer:

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi