• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
10 years 11 months ago #106277 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Deleting your account
Then I suppose the question you should be asking is, why do you want to "convert" anyone to your way of thinking?

(which is an ironic thing to say considering that your general opinion on the content of what you believe is shared by many here)

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago #106278 by
Replied by on topic Deleting your account
My very first venture to the Jediism community started off trying to be the nicest and most polite person I possibly could be, I was eaten alive.

I've actually had less problems since I've adopted the "BS stops here" approach.

Brenna wrote:

Desolous wrote:

Connor Lidell wrote: He's finally listened to my advice and got out. Don't drag him back here now! lol.

He, truly, doesn't belong at Jedi sites that exist now. In my opinion, he needs to make his own site. He has unique enough views to justify one. And, for the record, I'd join it.

me too. but only to climb the ranks quickly and seize control in a bloodless coup. like a Jedi Spring.

I agree Connor. My point to him both privately and publically has always been that he has a lot to offer, he just needs to offer it in a way that doesnt make people want to reject whatever he says outright.

Des, part of me wonders if youre kidding... ;)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago #106279 by
Converting not so much, getting someone to see for themselves and make up their own mind yes.

I'd like to find one person like myself.

Brenna wrote: Then I suppose the question you should be asking is, why do you want to "convert" anyone to your way of thinking?

(which is an ironic thing to say considering that your general opinion on the content of what you believe is shared by many here)

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #106280 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Deleting your account
[quote="maynoth" post=106128.

"It's amazing what you can see, when you look."

-Yogi Berra

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Brenna.

More
10 years 11 months ago #106281 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Deleting your account

maynoth wrote: Converting not so much, getting someone to see for themselves and make up their own mind yes.

You haven't yet mentioned what progress you've made so it's hard for anyone to understand what your talking about. All I've seen is bits of Tibetan Vajrayana and some QiGong bundled together with some unconvincing videos.

There are plenty of people here who practise various things to achieve progress in different avenues. Including those very same things as you!!! All you need to do to fit in here is focus on your own path and be open to sharing with other people if they are interested, but without attacking other paths like calling reiki and vipassana 'BS' etc.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago #106282 by
To each their own is indeed true, and I wish you all the best in whichever pathway you choose to follow...

However, balance in all things is necessary not only for life in this community, but life in the international community as a whole. Going to one extreme or the other is only a way of seperation, so why not maintain a presence here to draw council, discussion else inspiration when needed for your own works?

As Master Jestor pointed out, it does seem odd to throw out the TV after enough Game of Thrones else DBZ, both of which are near impossible to get bored with ;) So, why cut your ties here permanently if it can serve to help you in the future?

Food for thought :P

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago #106283 by

Adder wrote:
You haven't yet mentioned what progress you've made so it's hard for anyone to understand what your talking about. All I've seen is bits of Tibetan Vajrayana and some QiGong bundled together with some unconvincing videos.

I hope you realize how different Neigong is from Qigong.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago #106284 by

Connor Lidell wrote:
I hope you realize how different Neigong is from Qigong.

dude, they both contain 'gong', gah. what more do you want?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago #106285 by
I've tried but you know it winds up being used as ammo against me so I don't any more, rather I just tell people to see for themselves, there is more to reality than you believe or your popular paradigms allow for.

What I've experienced is about as believable as a grown man who thinks he is a Quincy and shoots spirit arrows from a spirit bow while talking to thor.

It's best I keep what I've experienced to myself and encourage people to see for themselves.

Adder wrote:

maynoth wrote: Converting not so much, getting someone to see for themselves and make up their own mind yes.

There are plenty of people here who practise various things to achieve progress in different avenues. Including those very same things as you!!! All you need to do to fit in here is focus on your own path and be open to sharing with other people if they are interested, but without attacking other paths like calling reiki and vipassana 'BS' etc.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #106286 by

maynoth wrote: I've tried but you know it winds up being used as ammo against me so I don't any more, rather I just tell people to see for themselves, there is more to reality than you believe or your popular paradigms allow for.

What I've experienced is about as believable as a grown man who thinks he is a Quincy and shoots spirit arrows from a spirit bow while talking to thor.

It's best I keep what I've experienced to myself and encourage people to see for themselves.

you do realize how ironic this seems. as harshly as you judge others is most times as harsh as they judge you. you are not qualified to pass judgment on others. neither am i. not even jestor. pretty much no one.

* remove the log from thine own eye, before picking at the mote in mine. (para)
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi