What makes a Jedi ?

More
3 years 7 months ago #353769 by Carlos.Martinez3

Savage Jedi wrote: Sticker Jedi are the hardcore Star Wars Fans who see the deepness of the Lore, but haven't quite been able to fuse belief ,behavior and actions. Could it be that they haven't experienced their metaphorical Death? Maybe. Could it be that something in their life "disconnects" them from the Force? Maybe.
Should they be denied the title of Jedi? Definitely not.

Can others not view them as such? Yes, but guiding is better than pushing.

That was me before I walked into our Library ...

So there’s a Fan phase that exist that becomes the push to search ? Still enjoying the chat !

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #353770 by J. K. Barger
Replied by J. K. Barger on topic What makes a Jedi ?
There are many approaches to the Force and many different Force-users (or those simply sensitive to the Force), but a Jedi is someone with a particular approach to the Force.

I would argue that it is an inclusive, or (literally) universalist, approach, but that’s just me.

The Force is with you, always.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
3 years 7 months ago #353771 by Carlos.Martinez3
Each force can be different...they can be specific yet similar ?

Exclusive yet inclusive

Build, not tear down.

More
3 years 7 months ago #353772 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic What makes a Jedi ?
If you want something deeper, one must propose they are an authority or bend to another authorities definition: We aren't classifying minerals, there is no absolute "this is a jedi" per se unless seen from a particular viewpoint. You'll find tha man yof the truths we cling too are dependent on our point of view. That is why I included my standard. It's just a label with out it, but not one I have some power over to define for anyone but myself. I make a habit of pretending anyone I am dealing with has a lightsaber on their hip: this viewpoint has served me well, even if they never claim the title.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
3 years 7 months ago #353773 by Carlos.Martinez3
Does being a Jedi need to have a OMNIPRESENT Force ! ? Or acknowledging one ? Or not ?

Build, not tear down.

More
3 years 7 months ago #353774 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic What makes a Jedi ?

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Does being a Jedi need to have a OMNIPRESENT Force ! ? Or acknowledging one ? Or not ?

If being a Jedi includes believing in or acknowledging some sort of 'Force' then I have a real problem....

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger, Carlos.Martinez3

More
3 years 7 months ago #353775 by J. K. Barger
Replied by J. K. Barger on topic What makes a Jedi ?
@Edan

How so?

The Force is with you, always.

More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #353776 by Carlos.Martinez3

Edan wrote:

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Does being a Jedi need to have a OMNIPRESENT Force ! ? Or acknowledging one ? Or not ?

If being a Jedi includes believing in or acknowledging some sort of 'Force' then I have a real problem....

So how DOES it exist now ? How is the balace you have work for you ? That’s the cut to bone I like.. care to share how it works for you ? Actually ? If you like I’ll share the same.

Edit : do we need validation in Jedi ism ? Or to be a Jedi to some sort of extent ?

Loving the chat still just chatting out loud . I trust the people here to show and share. I’m already blessed by yalls responses.

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 7 months ago #353777 by
Replied by on topic What makes a Jedi ?

Edan wrote:

You don't have to believe in the Cosmic or Spiritual Force to acknowledge part of "The Force". Every time you do things that living beings can only do, you're acknowledging the Living Force(or that you're part of it).

More
3 years 7 months ago #353778 by Carlos.Martinez3

Savage Jedi wrote:

Edan wrote:

You don't have to believe in the Cosmic or Spiritual Force to acknowledge part of "The Force". Every time you do things that living beings can only do, you're acknowledging the Living Force(or that you're part of it).

Then is there Denominations in the Force ? Is that what Sithism is in real life ? Same Force - different moves - different results ?

Build, not tear down.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi