What makes a Jedi ?

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #353759 by Carlos.Martinez3
It’s 2020 and there are Jedi everywhere. Thanks to the World Wide Web we can associate ourselves with pretty much anything we choose.

Today - right now - what constitutes a modern day Jeddi ?

What is a Jedi ?
A modern day Jedi ?

Who are the Jedi?

Right now ?
How do we meet and find them ?

What type of Jedi are there ?

Are there denominations in the Jedi community ?

Pastor Carlos - feel free to answer on or all or in your own journal - place em there too!

NOT asking for a friend.

Where do WE stand in all /// that // or do we ?

Always up for a good chat !!!
Any takers ?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #353760 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic What makes a Jedi ?
If you claim it, you are.

If there is a standard, I look for people who want to understand everything in their life and the relationship they have with it.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger, Carlos.Martinez3

More
3 years 8 months ago #353761 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic What makes a Jedi ?
Is defining a Jedi more based on what one proposes they believe (As in "I believe in The Force")? Or is it more based on what they exhibit in their behavior regardless of their belief? Is one more important than the other, and if so, which?

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
3 years 8 months ago #353762 by Brontyn
Replied by Brontyn on topic What makes a Jedi ?
In my mind, I see the Jedi as the balancing force, that which steers the ship back towards some semblance of order as it strays toward chaos. Not the order of authoritarianism, but more the order of fairness and equality for all. As such, I feel like the role and responsibilities of Jedi are in flux, at times it is appropriate for them to be the loudest voice in the room, at others silent.

Specific to right now, I feel it is important for us to help maintain the peace, help point out what is unfair and how people are being singled out and mistreated, but there is so much division in the world, and especially the US, that if it can't be done peacefully, it may be best to not point it out at all. Raising your voice to deaf ears just adds to the cacophony, gives fuel to more chaos. At that time, just hold the line.

I am strong because I've been weak. I am fearless because I've been afraid. I am wise because I've been foolish. - Unknown

Rules for happiness, something to do, someone to love, something to hope for. - Immanuel Kant
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #353763 by
Replied by on topic What makes a Jedi ?
It's both. Beliefs are just empty thoughts without applying it to your behavior and actions. Behavior and actions are just wants or the "Surface Ego" or "Programming" without a deep belief.

(Reply to Proteus)
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by .

More
3 years 8 months ago #353764 by Carlos.Martinez3
I totally support that idea almost always Rugadd. There WAS a moment here in the Temple that profession of faith or mere “I’m a Jedi” wasn’t as accepted as more need of proof. It happens in every faith honestly but there was a moment I think back a few years ago just because one says I’m Jedi dosnt make a Jedi - Jedi. Today.

I’m a practitioner of confessions of faiths or affirmations of intentions or even articles of help or codes upheld.

Is it really that simple now a a days to choose the. Identification - Jedi - ???

That’s one of my many questions

Build, not tear down.

More
3 years 8 months ago #353765 by Carlos.Martinez3

Proteus wrote: Is defining a Jedi more based on what one proposes they believe (As in "I believe in The Force")? Or is it more based on what they exhibit in their behavior regardless of their belief? Is one more important than the other, and if so, which?

I love it when you get me Pro -
Get me thinking !
So then my question here is - why it matters others definitions or even paths if Inherent worth is given right through the door so to speak ... why worry about what a Jedi can - be rather than what a Jedi is ... still chatting with ya !

Is our answers always some one else’s answer ...

Jiddu said most of what we know is “spoon fed” To us in the begining.

The definition of a Jedi could be huge or simple depending on who ya talk to hu?

So then - is a Jedi or can a Jedi be labeled as a ever evolving adding taking away type of idea ?

-Consistently inconsistent -ever moving - every growing -

Build, not tear down.

More
3 years 8 months ago #353766 by Carlos.Martinez3

Brontyn wrote: In my mind, I see the Jedi as the balancing force, that which steers the ship back towards some semblance of order as it strays toward chaos. Not the order of authoritarianism, but more the order of fairness and equality for all. As such, I feel like the role and responsibilities of Jedi are in flux, at times it is appropriate for them to be the loudest voice in the room, at others silent.

Specific to right now, I feel it is important for us to help maintain the peace, help point out what is unfair and how people are being singled out and mistreated, but there is so much division in the world, and especially the US, that if it can't be done peacefully, it may be best to not point it out at all. Raising your voice to deaf ears just adds to the cacophony, gives fuel to more chaos. At that time, just hold the line.

Thank you !

That common goal for peace and being the “missing link “ or the piece that we were missing - the example WE needed - IS a common Jedi Force we ALL share here. I read what y’all write!

Hold the line -
That’s easyer said than done my friend and I Hope the Force you need finds you when ya need it along with rest ! May you find rest where you can get it !

But that’s the Knightly Force we ALL share hu?

Build, not tear down.

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #353767 by Carlos.Martinez3

Savage Jedi wrote: It's both. Beliefs are just empty thoughts without applying it to your behavior and actions. Behavior and actions are just wants or the "Surface Ego" or "Programming" without a deep belief.

(Reply to Proteus)

“Faith without works is like a song you can’t sing - it’s about as useless as a screen door on a submarine -“ a silly yet heavy song from a guy named Rich Mullins.

Made me sing it in my head when I read your comment

Edit : so with every faith or group or order there will always be that type present - the sticker Jedi ?

I don’t say sticker Jedi in a de notation or insult or even as a diss - it is a very easy way for me to understand “by patch “ or certificate only type of ideas - as per Jedi . If that makes any sense. General admittance tickets - that type of thing . We have Jedi like that too - and that’s ok too.

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 8 months ago #353768 by
Replied by on topic What makes a Jedi ?
Sticker Jedi are the hardcore Star Wars Fans who see the deepness of the Lore, but haven't quite been able to fuse belief ,behavior and actions. Could it be that they haven't experienced their metaphorical Death? Maybe. Could it be that something in their life "disconnects" them from the Force? Maybe.
Should they be denied the title of Jedi? Definitely not.

Can others not view them as such? Yes, but guiding is better than pushing.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi