The Block

More
6 years 11 months ago #282782 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic The Block
Somthing to think about ...Just in case you think Jedi are immune to things... Me and my wife got into a fight . Real real no hitting just good old fashion verbal argue. Wow , it was tough. Hurt ... Pain... Tears ... And thru it... I said , no matter the situation I have chosen to love you and I will. Made the ending of the argument-way ... Difrent . The outcome , closer and stronger people I think . The bad times... Some times those are the moments to choose our ... Anchor our sword our style and moves.

Anchor ... A choice already made when needed just ... Drop it down... Example.

I chose to love my wife. During arguing my mind doesn't search for do I ... But how can I , even during arguments. Life is full of what it will be. Maybe it's wise to have those desisions ready hu? I can't deny they have helped me. I pass to you Temple - have an anchor not a weight but a desision made so when the time comes... You already know what's up! Drop it !
Ps. At moments like that for me , those are moments I take to shine aka give forgiveness and hope where there's not ... Mmmm sounds like somthimg I ve heard some where ...
May te Force be with y'all!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locksley, Cyan Sarden, FTPC, Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #282785 by Cyan Sarden
Replied by Cyan Sarden on topic The Block
It is wise to have those decisions ready. For a lot of situations. Thank you Master

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
6 years 11 months ago #283617 by Carlos.Martinez3
The Question always arives ... But what can I do?
Some how my mind would revert to this idea that I was insignificant to the grand scheme of things . I would act on this idea.

Now , i live and have seen a bit different . I have seen what ONE... Random act of kindness has done . I remember myself at whathibtjougjbwas the bottom. The end ! Da da da dahhh..... Smiley face !!
One act changed my life . One person who acted out of kindness... Heck ... Now that I about it ... There are many little acts of kindness in my life that I never even realized. So what's the idea here ...
Kindness can be found if you look and SEEK it even in our own life. Some day we may even be the one to give the kindness away? Yes actually! Some day the students will become the teachers. The teachers become the leaders. Small acts become bigger, ripples grow. If hate can grow automatic then can we generate love and other things ? Things we want ? What can one person insignificant little Ol me do? There's plenty friend . One small act of kindness can change the world ... For me it did mine. What you choose to do may impact me or some one else. Ever think about that ?
May the Force be with you anywhere you seek it y'all!

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden, Kobos

More
6 years 11 months ago #283621 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic The Block
Thank you Carlos,

A simple smile may save a life. We do not know and we are not supposed to that's why kindness is difficult to practice.

Bows Politlely

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave

More
6 years 11 months ago #284430 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic The Block
I hope this is not out of line, but I always like this discussion. So Carlos please forgive me if I have over stepped my bounds by posting this as a discussion on The Block.

Today, I have been thinking much of consequence. Every action has one and it is instinctual to consider it. Yet, that's not what I am thinking about. Today, I have had a disturbed feeling and I can't help but keep pondering what the consequence of this feeling is. Then it dawned on me, I have used the better part of a morning thinking about the consequence of a feeling than on how to let go of that feeling. To me it is an interesting conundrum, sure feelings have consequences, but they only grow worse the more we feed that feeling.

The point I guess I am trying to make here on the block, is that consequences exist, we should try to be aware of some of the possibilities. But we cannot allow our focus on deciding a consequence to distract us from the very action that may change it. Consequences are only a possible future, this moment is your chance to always change it. Understand the consequence of your action but don't let it keep you in the past, stopping you from taking in the true existence of the present moment.

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #284511 by Carlos.Martinez3
On the Coast Guard cutter Amberjack I met a simple man with a simple idea , your bearing is no where near where your. No matter the wind or the sea just turn right back to your headin and you'll be back on track.
Our focus is so important some days and even more impprtant I think is the ability to govern it selflie..Not a word I know . On our own . There will be .... Things out of our grasp or too close even, there will be the greats and the not so greats.
It is our focus and our attention , what we put in that truly comes out. .
There's an old saying ... Everything to a carpenter looks like a nail.. And that's fine and well but let me tell you , it is wiser to have the right tool for the right job as well as the righ skill and loose a lot of the snappy come backs some times . Our focus can be ... Directed by us . Little reminders ... Mr Miagi from a movie I enjoy says ... "The grass is green the Sun is shining" just remind ourselfs our focus is , well ours ! I love to see people take charge of their own attention. That's the difference I think. Kobos my man ,you are my Jedi ism and I am glad to be a small part in yours!
Somthimg to think about for the week!

What are we focused on? Who's got it ? What's got it and is I spread to thin? Not enough to , all these questions can be asked and ... Answered by .... Y'all!
Force be with y'all !

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J, Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #284518 by
Replied by on topic The Block

Kobos wrote: I hope this is not out of line, but I always like this discussion. So Carlos please forgive me if I have over stepped my bounds by posting this as a discussion on The Block.

Today, I have been thinking much of consequence. Every action has one and it is instinctual to consider it. Yet, that's not what I am thinking about. Today, I have had a disturbed feeling and I can't help but keep pondering what the consequence of this feeling is. Then it dawned on me, I have used the better part of a morning thinking about the consequence of a feeling than on how to let go of that feeling. To me it is an interesting conundrum, sure feelings have consequences, but they only grow worse the more we feed that feeling.

The point I guess I am trying to make here on the block, is that consequences exist, we should try to be aware of some of the possibilities. But we cannot allow our focus on deciding a consequence to distract us from the very action that may change it. Consequences are only a possible future, this moment is your chance to always change it. Understand the consequence of your action but don't let it keep you in the past, stopping you from taking in the true existence of the present moment.

One of the weirdes things i learned as a Jedi is that a Jedi should never be afraid of the consequences of his actions when he does the right thing , and it hit me , but what if he does not do the right thing .

But the thing is , if you are afraid of consequences it could actually prevent you from doing the right thing , so even if you think you do the right thing , but it turnes out to be the wrong thing , you still have to face the music.

Comforting is that when you do that its your own damn stupid fault and sometimes easier to bare than when you do the right thing and suffer alone in silence sometimes ;)

More
6 years 10 months ago #284666 by Carlos.Martinez3
Totally off subject
something to think about

there's a song I sing by the Misfits, (rocker from the old school graves and muscles sweaty hair and all) I will never defend nor promote any of my decisions ive made in my life on any one, I ll try not to but the point is they are not a "typical" band. Now that being said...
the song I sing I don't rock out with a electric peddled or amped. I have a acoustic and a classical guitar. I play. I sing. When I sing their songs on my classical they sound no way shape or form what M. Graves ever intended. Savy? So, I said all that to say this...
there's a song that says and I sing often....
"...if I cut off your arms and cut off your legs would you still love me any way....why don't you love me any way...."

Remember what I said....now, ok theres an idea that I get when im in that song and its ...why don't I love you anyway.....my grandpa Gaitan used to send flowers to my mom and all his daughters when he felt like...they needed it. if one got em they all got em. Dude was old school dirt floor home but he was, in my heart forever be the small example that is what I am today.
He said its a just because. The cards would say things like just because I love you. Boom! (all that took me a solid mental breakdown during meditation) What an example! and.... it is that example I pass to you.
It is my idea I practice from my meditation that rather than before its needed or even stressed...Coast Guard and Army mentality, do it before its needed.(PMCS if you know what it means.....*wink )
Preventative Maintenance checks and Services.
The bane of my early non directional time was given to these checks. I learned really fast there were those who did not do them and some who did. Me , being me, I mastered and put to memory mine. (if I can do it with a level floor video game map or song I could Shure as fire do it with this, and it happened. The Joseph effect. If you have a question please pm me for any thing in further explanation. The Joseph effect in a nut shell is some one who masters what it is they do, and in turn is blessed ...in the un- times. "blessed while cursed" Higher ups, captains officers, people of importance began to count on my word. The bane of my beginnings became the strength I stood on later.
It is wise to think and even wiser to prepare. To have hope when its needed you kina have to ...Have it handy and ready, I think..lol
Same with love, and peace and anything else we want to add!
why don't you love me anyway
why don't you love me any ways
why don't you love me anyway

why don't you love me.....any wayyyyyyyyyyyyysssss.!!!!
Can we be the mindful people we are in mediation and act....BEFORE some things are needed.? Wouldn't that be smart.

May the Force be with and FIND yall every where you seek it, no fair asking for something and not doing anything for it lol !

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden, , Kobos

More
6 years 10 months ago #286720 by Carlos.Martinez3
an anchor
An anchor is a device, normally made of metal, used to connect a vessel to the bed of a body of water to prevent the craft from drifting due to wind or current.

Anchors achieve holding power either by "hooking" into the seabed, via sheer mass, or a combination of the two.

Since all anchors that embed themselves in the bottom require the strain to be along the seabed, anchors can be broken out of the bottom by shortening the rope until the vessel is directly above the anchor; at this point the anchor chain is "up and down", in naval parlance.

Standards and choices often seem like anchors. some weigh some keep.
something for thought this week Jedi, which are ours? do we have an anchor? is it a weight? Does our anchor anchors keep us where we need? can we have both? do we personally?
Force, the Living Force be with yall this week! Feel free to post yur thought for all of us to see and share!

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden, , Kobos

More
6 years 10 months ago #287409 by Carlos.Martinez3
Some day - Today
Clergy side

You will be ... What it is you really want. We all have our goals. You can. Other have and it will continue. Some day if you are seeking , you will find it. There can be days when really you can enjoy your very own life. Many of us do everyday, some day can be today. Life isn't absent of worry or pain. There is no manner of pain or win we do not share in our own life's. I hurt , you hurt , we hurt. I laugh you laugh, we laugh. The difference can be the focus some days. During your path , are you like me so many times still looking down at the things that keep me and there my attention stays... Never getting past that point in life. Insert new focus.reminf your self Now... Someday can be today! Somthing to think about next time my focus is on ... Real life agrivation or trying to prove right ... And ... Insert new focus... Mine is ... Don't be the jerk don't be that guy.... How do ... I ... Would rather act or ... What can I plant here .. Then it's giving hope where there is no hope and peace where there is none ... Hmm real life application. I like that so much I offer it to you my Temple. This is one of many ideas we share here one of many difrent versions. Maybe it helps some one not to be grumpy at times , maybe it reminds some one like me to let some one hug you because ... I need more, really! Real life Jedi ism . Real world. Hope this helps this week. All my heart Temple may the Force we all seek and share find you where you seek it .

Build, not tear down.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi