The Block

More
6 years 11 months ago #282283 by Jack.Troutman
Replied by Jack.Troutman on topic The Block
The needed example I portray is to not compete with anyone else. I simply try to be a better me than I was yesterday.
May the Living Force guide us all well

“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” Ernest Hemingway
TM: Carlos Martinez
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Cyan Sarden, Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #282284 by Cyan Sarden
Replied by Cyan Sarden on topic The Block
you do not lack character, master. I agree that being a Jedi can be very lonely as there are so few of us - but the brighter each of us shines in his / her community, the more of a difference we can make, even though we don't have a lot of opportunities for personal exchange and guidance. To some extent, Jediism is an individualist's religion in that we attribute great value to the personal path and to personal development, we welcome personal ideas and values. This and other younger religions are an evolutionary step - most of the widespread religions we know today came into existence out of necessity for a the community to survive. Individualism wasn't possible and was a danger to the survival of the group as a whole. Today, in modern society, that's not really true anymore - very much to the contrary: creative individuals drive innovation and lift us to a higher level. As such, it was high time that this development is also reflected in religion. And that is the case in Jediism, to a very large extent. We're a community of individual minds, rather than a faceless blob.

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Cyan Sarden.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Jack.Troutman, Kobos

More
6 years 11 months ago #282285 by Jack.Troutman
Replied by Jack.Troutman on topic The Block

Cyan Sarden wrote: you do not lack character, master. I agree that being a Jedi can be very lonely as there are so few of us

I agree brother. Master Carlos, you are not even close to being short on character. I look up to you for so many things. You have helped far more than I think you realize. Your character helps give me the strength I need to keep a positive attitude and keep moving forward...no matter how slow I may move at times.
May the Force be with you always Master

“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” Ernest Hemingway
TM: Carlos Martinez
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden, Kobos

More
6 years 11 months ago #282286 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic The Block
*bows
as iron sharpens iron so too I see this place. We are the iron that sharpens our fellow ... See that , what can I do I'm just one person...

One person is the example we need some times to start a fire or even a revolution!

What can one person do.... * maniacal laugh!!!
Build up Jedi not tare down!!! I am glad to be counted with y'all ! Jack jack n Peter ! Love y'all much much , a millions times today thanks guys! My little lights in my world!!!! My lights ... And everyone else watching

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden, Jack.Troutman, Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #282287 by
Replied by on topic The Block
Carlos, as minister you made your offer of aid and guidance towards others your mission, that is a sign of a strong character. Secondly you do not lack spirit and that I find one of the most wonderful things about you. :blush: Being an individualist or pioneer seeking or learning about its own character creates opportunities where others who are fixed cannot. Make it part of your arsenal, it will not hurt you. ;)
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #282292 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Character . It seems the more I learn the more I realize for my self it's this I am missing. The myths give examples of many possible examples . Our parents give us examples. Our peers give us examples. There are so many different examples when it comes to character that my brain can literally be lost at the search of somthing worth. The question is always asked me " so who has the right to chose those things your looking for" the answer is simple ... Me , you. Jedi character is even tougher to find friends because we are few and far between. Keep the study and the seek in your life fellow Jedi , you WILL find the character you want and... You can build that up.

So what can one person do.... Be the difference ! The NEEDED difference ... See that? Be well my Temple! May the Living Force be with y'all!

Master , you are about the last person who lacks character here ;) you are shining light and example and even in your silence your wisdom is hidden , i am proud to be your apprentice and i always will be , especially the last few months i have felt your character and it has shaped me aswell , you dont go for anything less , fight for nothing less , and you have some strong allies along the way , and so have we. And that lonely feeling we all have , feeling a bit lost , the odd one out , wanting to hide in a corner sometimes to heal , and that is ok , as long as we realise , we are no longer alone , we are loved , wanted and NEEDED , we build our own character not only on our successes , but very often on our failures , because what they really are are successes in the making. Be well , be blessed , and keep building Master ....

More
6 years 11 months ago #282293 by Carlos.Martinez3
We

I love when we
Use that word
We ! Thanks to the temple for this ! What can one person do? Hmm

One
We
One

Boom! Head blown ! Mind explodes ! Take this this week Jedi !

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Cyan Sarden, Jack.Troutman, , Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #282294 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: We

I love when we
Use that word
We ! Thanks to the temple for this ! What can one person do? Hmm

One
We
One

Boom! Head blown ! Mind explodes ! Take this this week Jedi !

We are ONE ....:lol:

Attachment giphy.gif not found

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by . Reason: gif no work :P

More
6 years 11 months ago #282295 by Carlos.Martinez3
Giggles

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden,

More
6 years 11 months ago #282298 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic The Block
It has been some time since I have returned, I have been putting some of the teachings of the IP program to the level of practical application and the post this morning further pushes that point to me. We are all given calls, whispers from the universe (insert your belief). We may choose to answer these calls as Jedi particularly in the temple here we are so drawn to respond. Character we all display as one is that we are willing to answer, even though in many cases it may cost the individual much. I have seen this in all and am proud to be part of the we, the universe is one thing, not many. Spreading this knowledge, is the greatest service a being can do within the whole of the singular universe. Carlos, thank you, though I have been inactive, I have been watching while trying to answer the universes call to me; so, that I may understand what it is to be one with all and all with one. (No, I am not high......lol : ) ) In love and peace, Tim

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Cyan Sarden, Jack.Troutman,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi