The Block

More
2 years 8 months ago #361285 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic The Block

Alexandre Orion wrote: https://youtu.be/6fek6iJlm8s

...We have what they grow beyond... Is one of more favriot quotes from this movie. To me, thats a hope that the learn never shuts off and keeps on. I do like the way its set. Just me but a mere thank you wouldnt be worth it on this one. Thank You Alex for sharing. The family got to see it too!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Lewis22

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #361294 by Vincent Causse
Replied by Vincent Causse on topic The Block
The role model is a very important thing in our life from a young age, some time it can be a bad one too. This can help us decide what kind of person we want to be. Some of my role models are my Dad, my Grand mother and grand dad on the same side. My Dad for exemple taught me the basic gentleman habits: when you come into a shop, let say the baker say: hello "madam et monsieur" do i have to translate :-) ? hold the door to let people in, help someone in need to carry their bag (specially older people, pregnant women) He taught me through his action not to get angry quickly, to be strong emotionally, to be fair all the trait that i ve been trying to live by until now and that i m trying to transmit to my kids. My Grand parents gave me the model of the couple of pigeons who loved each other until death. My grand mother fell hill with cancer and she survived longer than the doctors thought she would or could, but my grand dad could not take it and he died of a brain aneurism caused by the pain and stress seing his wife suffer. Grand ma told us all that now that her love has gone she can not go on or hold on anymore, so she died shortly after. So i learned about manners, code of conduits and i learned about love. Not to forget , i learned about strength. Seing my grand mother fighting this way against a terrible disease, she never let her self go or complained about it. Every time we visited her in hospital she was always dressed, makeup on and always had good words for everyone of us. She was a fighter. I ve an other life long exemple, m y sister who died at age eleven of leukaemia, she insisted that my parent have an other child knowing that she was dying and she loved me that much that i still feel it until now. I was 3 when she died, i owe her my life and she is the reason why i never let my self down even at the worse of it.
May the force be with you all
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Carlos.Martinez3, River

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #361586 by Carlos.Martinez3
The Character block

In the seek and the search for our own values and reflections, I offer this. SEEK Character.
There is nothing more potent and powerful than good character. It can span Sects, ideas, books and even paths and ways.

Growing up, I watched the Jedi act like Knights on the silver screen. The idea that we can do this regardless of claim, blew my mind. There are many stories of people with great character in paticularly bad places. The biblical Joseph and the Tales from the Arabian nights come to mind come to mind first. The ability to have a good measure or a good count can be a very useful thing. Vader could do these great things ...just like Ani except he was well, on that side. Same credentials and application, just different allegiance. Character is on all sides. Some can even say character begets itself. Watch the movies again, your favriots and notice paticulary your favorite Jedi and why...could it be their character? Its every where and anywhere.
Seek out character and you won't leave empty handed...you may change the color of your Saber...

Happy seeking,
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: River, Vincent Causse

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #361748 by Carlos.Martinez3

Attachment Screenshot_20210726-073334_Gallery.jpg not found

This is a picture of our family's duck nest. Freckles is a strange bird. She will lay her egg on a wierd cycle that gives us two eggs a day. We have caught her walking and laying at the same time. Some days she has time to make a nest and some days the other birds and life keeps her busy. One of the neat things about this particular nest is that she has built it from leaves to hide the eggs. This process takes time and understanding. With the kids I got, it takes some patience too. After a few weeks, the nest begins to become raised and I can tell you, as comfy as a pillow. The time and dedication it takes some days, reminds me of the labors of study and the self-reflective path some of us are on.

In nature, things are made. For those who do not have the opportunity to instantly recieve what it is they need, it can always be made. So too is the Hero's Journey some days. Remember that when we study and when we learn things from one another, its like leaves, one at a time some times. If you see the picture, there is a porcelain egg there with the real one. After a while she, our duck, will be able to do the entire process without fail but untill then and until the hawks and danger pass, there will always be the nest in the making.

Our hearts and lives are often our "nests' or our places of return. Remembering that things worth having are sometimes buit, can remind us of the duck who toils daily to sit every day, sometimes twice for eggs and safety.
Take some time to think on this, time, it depends on you some days. What you making today? This past week? Since you have been here? What does your nest look like in your heart and mind?

Something to think about this week friends and Jedi
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, River, Vincent Causse, Serenity Amyntas

More
2 years 7 months ago #361940 by Carlos.Martinez3
Jedi Believe in the Force, and in the inherent worth of all life within it.

Not just the ones we like. Diversity can be used to dicribe Orders in the Jedi community. There are still 7.9 BILLION people as of this mornings count. In that mix of billions, there are a few Jedi and NONE of em see the FORCE the same way. Jedi come togeather with common goals and focus but on the whole, we are a diverse people. One of the freeing ideas is that we are all equal. BOOOO HISSS ARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!! What a statment to make in 2021 but tiss true. There is a common bonding idea out there that we are all connected some how some way and even on a scientific level. The human potential dwells with in each of us. Still the same spirit that flew or trecked or even found the secrets of the past. Every Jedi has the same potential, human potential. Jedi believe in the Force and all life within it. Do you? Somthing to think about this week. What does inherent worth look like to a Jedi?? Where...is it?
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vincent Causse

More
2 years 6 months ago #362382 by Carlos.Martinez3
Jedi influence others.

It is my hope that how and when and where the understanding of this happens to everyone. We as humans influence other humans. What are we speaking when we say these things? Ever listen to our own messages? Ever understand our influence?
Something to think about this week Jedi.

What are we sharing in real time in our own circle?

Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vincent Causse, Serenity Amyntas

More
2 years 6 months ago #362582 by Carlos.Martinez3
To be or not to be Jedi?

Good time zone and May the FORCE we share be with you today and this week.

There is a story by Dr. Seuss called The Butter Battle Book.

In it, there is a idea that the other person is wrong. Regardless of the subject, just becasue they dont have the "right" answer they cant be trusted! The end of the stroy leaves both sides in fear of distruction.

What a time we live in today. Some choices come with extra added time and efforts. To be a Jedi today is to be diffrent and see things diffrent. Understand that adding the Force changes the outcome big time.
Stand tall and know that there are others who are in the same spot you are in today. We all live on earth with other humans. Be Jedi. Stand on your beliefs and your practices. Be you. Understand some choices will have cause and effect. We are not immune to laws or rules or even actions being Jedi, so dont expect it or even plan on getting special treatment becasue we choose to be Jedi. Know that this path we are on is self reflective and those who are on the same path have a common focus. Know that it takes a bit of study to be at diffrent seasons of a path like this. So, I encorage others to be yourselfs and make the choice to be Jedi. Stick around and become so much more. May the FORCE we share be with you today and in the seasons to come.
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Vincent Causse

More
2 years 6 months ago #362586 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic The Block

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: To be or not to be Jedi?

Good time zone and May the FORCE we share be with you today and this week.

There is a story by Dr. Seuss called The Butter Battle Book.

In it, there is a idea that the other person is wrong. Regardless of the subject, just becasue they dont have the "right" answer they cant be trusted! The end of the stroy leaves both sides in fear of distruction.

What a time we live in today. Some choices come with extra added time and efforts. To be a Jedi today is to be diffrent and see things diffrent. Understand that adding the Force changes the outcome big time.
Stand tall and know that there are others who are in the same spot you are in today. We all live on earth with other humans. Be Jedi. Stand on your beliefs and your practices. Be you. Understand some choices will have cause and effect. We are not immune to laws or rules or even actions being Jedi, so dont expect it or even plan on getting special treatment becasue we choose to be Jedi. Know that this path we are on is self reflective and those who are on the same path have a common focus. Know that it takes a bit of study to be at diffrent seasons of a path like this. So, I encorage others to be yourselfs and make the choice to be Jedi. Stick around and become so much more. May the FORCE we share be with you today and in the seasons to come.
Pastor Carlos

Seasons come and they go, as do emotions, confusion, pain and loss. In the end if you really listen to the totallity the Force will bring you back to where you belong, sometimes just a matter of listening instead of letting that tiny voice inside say "now is not the time or people will be disappointed in you," or any other of the 5000 reasons I have been gone.

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, River

More
2 years 6 months ago #362689 by Carlos.Martinez3
"Today is a gift, that is why it is called the..........."????

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #362691 by Carlos.Martinez3
The Block will be moved to "the pastors room" on Discord on Monday's.

https://discord.gg/39ynGvUM

You are invited to attend every Monday morning on Discord for live chat and morning discussions on real life applications from doctorine and from our own practices in Jedi -ism. Every one is welcome to attend and share and post on Monday's on the Block as well, so if you like, PLEASE CONTINUE to join me on Mondays for a good chat and a good time.
Bring real or virtual coffee and cake if you like. 11 am GMT Monday morning. See ya there!

Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Diana W, River, Vincent Causse

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi